• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Shiny Gold X or just Shiny Gold?

Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.

Thanks, pardon my ignorance.

Years
So with editing a LAN version of VBA to communicate with other Emulators through IP, could this be done for battling as well? If so, I'll try googling it and feeling it out.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Yea it'll have the link button and you can configure it to the proper adjustments it needs 2 work on ur com and then you could either trade with another emulator open or thru someone's ip address while they're playing.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
i remember buying em in the old G/S/C but i dunno if zel put that in in this remake so i dunno i'd look around.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.
I'm pretty sure you can find one in a route somewhere, but you'll probably have to go look in one of the guides for Shiny Gold.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
When you talk to Amelia behind Lavinder (I think that's what it's called, the place in Kanto with the Radio Tower) the game freezes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
Is it impossible to find them?!

I know there was some event that triggered that let's you get them back. A familiar face from the past meets up with you and helps you get them back. I forget what you had to do to trigger the event, but I do know it's somewhere in Fuchsia, so it can't be too hard to find.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
i advise you just to give a leaf stone to a pokemon and transfer it from the red fire to your shiny gold... cause i just checked my saves at Shiny gold Beta 4, Shiny gold X beta 4, Shiny gold beta 5 and Shiny gold X beta 5...
and in none of them i got a leaf stone [but you can get it from bill's grandfather i just tried it]

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
When is beta six co

Anyways zel, I condensed all the pages of the walkthrough (sans Part XI and XII which I will be redoing in the near future) into one .txt file as I found it more convienient to transfer my drafts over as opposed to using the Freewebs Sitebuilder.

I think my website is listed on Google but somehow there is only one search term used to find it. While searching on Google for my page (yeah I have no life >_> ) I found a Japanese fansite on Shiny Gold with a lot of pretty screenshots and FAQs and stuff like how to register and download the SG patch.

I can only read the Chinese part of Japanese, so you could ask someone else to contact the webmaster to put his/her website on the front page.

Seems like the creator has stopped updating the page (says at the bottom), and wants to preserve this as a relic for when the new beta comes out (babelfish >.>)

Shiny Gold is expanding into the Japanese market >.<

http://www.geocities.jp/pokemonshinygoldzel/index.html

Offtopic: 85 hits woohoo =X

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.

I wonder how you'll fit so many pieces of music in...

Years

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.
It's not like they're gonna care really, although it is possible they might decide it is worth manufacturing?
No, that was stupid.
But seriously, they'll have made enough money from platinum that they probably won't care! :classic:
I also think that there should be a massive link to the shiny gold help thread on the front page, as so many people are asking simple questions. agree?

looking forward for somenew updates...if any XD...keep up the good work!

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ohk someone delete post now delete. No jirachi god darn it. We said it 100 times. NO FRIKIN JIRACHI. And if that is the true script thnx for ruinin it you kill-joy. I mean i already caught it but heck come on leave some mystery for the others!What im said is confusing cause im not spoiling anything for the other people. It could or it could nto be the script.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.

If your using the visual boy advance emulator go to the option dropdown menu go to framskip and raise the number.

Back