• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon rumors

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
What are some of the weirdest most mysterious pokemon rumors you have heard?
These can be rumors for example in the TV show or the games.

One of the weirdest rumors I have heard of is getting yoshi in red version =)

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
People told me in blue version you could evolve a dragonite into a yoshi. They also told me you could evolve a missigino into a Rhydon that knew surf.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
Years
The weirdest I've heard was that if you call yourself Mewsie or Mewster in R/S/E, you get a lvl. 100 starter called Sackchu and if you beat the elite four with only that pokemon, you get a mew.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
Years
The weirdest rumor I've ever heard is the one where if you Surf from the S.S Anne you could see a truck, and if you move it with Strength you could get a Mew or something. =P

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
The weirdest rumor I have heard was to catch all 3 dogs and 2 legend birds in G/S/C, also you need to have 16 badges and beat RED, then go to elm or the burn tower and get a item and go to the lake of rage to face mew or celebi. I read this rumor on a weird site...

Excellent

Rap/Hip-hop Fan
Years
that celebi has a 1 in 100,000 (or some big number like that) chance of appearing anywhere wild pokemon appear in R/S.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
The weirdest rumor I heard was when they said that Kanto and Johto Region are explorable in the Third Generation [R/S/E]. Also when you can go to Moon. Riding a Space Shuttle in Mossdeep city going to the Moon. It never happened.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
The weirdest rumor I heard was when they said that Kanto and Johto Region are explorable in the Third Generation [R/S/E]. Also when you can go to Moon. Riding a Space Shuttle in Mossdeep city going to the Moon. It never happened.

i have to agree... also if you complete all contest you will get a ticket(tried it didnt work)

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
I heard 1 in 1,000,000 chance of finding celebi and that ?? thing.
Also I got sucked into the space shuttle thing for a while

Mao

Feeling F R E S H
Years
I heard that In Pokemon Emerald if you talk to a Scientist in the rocket lab and he says a certain number, you can go to space and Battle Jirachi.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
People told me in blue version you could evolve a dragonite into a yoshi. They also told me you could evolve a missigino into a Rhydon that knew surf.

thats exactly what I heard as well. My friend told me this and I was trying for months and then I was crying (this was when I was little, this is when the game came out) and he told me that it was all a lie and I was like 0.o

:t354:tg

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Weirdest rumor I've ever heard was the one about Chronomew.

Basically, it entailed going to Cinnabar Island and Surfing up and down the coast using the Itemfinder. Eventually, the Itemfinder will beep, and when it does, you're supposed to use Dig (yes, Dig) on that patch of water (yes) to get an item called a Mist Stone. If you used this stone on a Mew, it would evolve into a secret Pokemon called Chronomew.

Second weirdest one had to be the one where, if you battled the E4 100 times, Oak will take you into the Hall of Fame and tell you that he's tired of recording you. Then, he'll leave, and you'd be allowed to roam the room. Eventually, you could find a door that leads to a secret town where you can battle your rival (who is inexplicably the Gym Leader there) and buy special Poke Balls that allow you to steal Pokemon from trainers.

Oh, RBY and your awesome rumors.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
The weirdest I've heard was that if you call yourself Mewsie or Mewster in R/S/E, you get a lvl. 100 starter called Sackchu and if you beat the elite four with only that pokemon, you get a mew.
I heard that one. Did you read that one on Team Rocket's Rocking: Mew and How NOT to Get One? Because the one that's there made it up on the spot and even says so on the post. Here's the extract:
"Here are a few I made up. They are NOT true.

• [*]How to get Mew in Ruby/Saphire
    1. Start up a new Ruby/Saphire game
    2. If you start as a girl, name yourself Mewey, if you start as a boy, name yourself Mewster.
    3. When in the moving van, press L, R, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Start, L, R, A, B, A, A, B(not at the same time).
    4. When you set the time, set it to 7:14 AM.
    5. Choose Treeko as your starter pokemon and name it "Mew". The Treeko has to be female. if it is not, restart your whole game until it is.
    6. Countinue throught the game, but dont catch or trade for any other Pokemon, or evolve Treeko. beat the Elite Four with Treeko, and when Steven shows you the hall of fame, Treeko's picture will be a picture of Mew!
    7. After the credits, start up your game. Your Treeko will now be a Mew! You are free to catch other Pokemon and trade!"
Someone may of copied him if you got it somewhere else. Or he could of copied it himself.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
i also heard you can breed jirachi & deoxys= "jiroxys"

(weird^_^"!)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Does anyone remember the rumor about the secret R/S Pokemon, Flaloy (or something like that)? It has something to do with going to Mt. Pyre & finding a black tombstone which read something to the extent of "This is Flaloy. It was a Pokemon that was killed by Rayquaza." Apparantly, it was supposed to be like a red bubble. I heard the rumor got started due to a hack video on YouTube.

And when people said Jirachi evolves into Deoxys when a Moon Stone is used on it... I'm glad it doesn't. Jirachi's too cute to turn into Deoxys.

Also, I recall reading a R/B rumor of Houou. Go to Bill's Secret Garden to find a Mist Stone and use it on Hitmonchan. It will evolve into Houou.

They also told me you could evolve a missigino into a Rhydon that knew surf.

That's actually true, but Rhydon can learn Surf anyway, if I'm not mistaken (or did that change in Gen. 2). It's much cooler to teach MissingNo. how to fly, then evolve it into Rhyhorn (deposit it into PC, I think) or Kangaskhan (level it up).

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
yeah, speaking of mt. pyre, rayquaza can die & be buried there.....

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I remember in R/B that when you go to the bottom floor of the Unknown Dungeon where Mewtwo was and if you use the ItemFinder or battle 100 times there on his little island where he stood a Mew will appear.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
i also watched a video to how you can steal pokemon at factory on the gba!!!
but to my surprise, it works only on the vba.....

Azonic

hello friends
Years
One of the wierdest rumors I've heard was one of them about the Red and Blue versions. The rumor said that if you give a Charizard a Rare Candy at level 100, it will evolve into a Pokemon called Charmillionare. Of course, I didn't believe it for a bit because it seemed ridiculous, not to mention that the name of "Charmillionare" had too many characters (letters) to be placed on a legit Pokemon game. I believe the limit for letters or characters is 9 or 10, "Charmillionare" has 14.

o_o;;

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I saw on a Youtube video that suggested Pokemon are mutants forms of animals or something because of the nuclear radition from the atomic bombs droped in Japan by the US (something like that).

Back