• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Advance Map Guide for Beginners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ok... so, I found it extremely hard to learn what I know about advance map... having to ask a ton of people (thanks a lot to G.K.S. who helped a ton) :p

So... I figured, maybe I'd try to make a comprehensive guide on how to add a basic grass tile. I figure every here can learn the rest easily after this part.

1-3.png

2-3.png

3-3.png

4-3.png

5-2.png

6-2.png

61.png

(found here) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=104577

62.png

63.png

64.png

68.png

65.png

66.png

67.png

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
This doesn't work for me! The game got glitched-up! (Sure I made a backup :))
(I was trying to insert Kyledove PC and house tiles)

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This a great tutorial Austinia, you sure learn stuff fast. Thanks for saying I helped you.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
This doesn't work for me! The game got glitched-up! (Sure I made a backup :))
(I was trying to insert Kyledove PC and house tiles)

You need to recolour everything, and then import it.

Uhh, you shouldn't be added tiles your going to use alot into tileset two, instead you should replace ones from tileset 1 :/
You added it into the black space, when you change cities that tile will be different, because it isn't the same tileset two in the city your in.

I'll explain it a bit better.
Pallet town has a different tileset 2 to Viridian, so if you added that grass tile to the one in Pallet town, when your in Viridian it will change to whatever is in the place where you inserted the tile.

Now to explain that xD
If you put it in a black space in the bottom right, and then went to a different town, the black space will be there, so therefor for that town and all other towns different to that tileset 2, it will be just a black space.

If you get it :S
As I said, if your adding tiles your going to use over and over, add them to tileset 1, cause that tileset doesn't change in cities.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
More

You need to recolour everything, and then import it.

Uhh, you shouldn't be added tiles your going to use alot into tileset two, instead you should replace ones from tileset 1 :/
You added it into the black space, when you change cities that tile will be different, because it isn't the same tileset two in the city your in.

I'll explain it a bit better.
Pallet town has a different tileset 2 to Viridian, so if you added that grass tile to the one in Pallet town, when your in Viridian it will change to whatever is in the place where you inserted the tile.

Now to explain that xD
If you put it in a black space in the bottom right, and then went to a different town, the black space will be there, so therefor for that town and all other towns different to that tileset 2, it will be just a black space.

If you get it :S
As I said, if your adding tiles your going to use over and over, add them to tileset 1, cause that tileset doesn't change in cities.

What you said is right, but remember it is harder to replace tiles in tileset 1 because the new tile may be bigger than the one you want to replace. When tileset 2 is saved and altered, you could load it at any city you want and you will have that there.

For example you add a building or something to tileset 2 for pallet town, and if you want to use it in Pewter City, you could just load tileset 2.

I'm pretty sure that will work just fine. I try not to mess with tileset 1 after an incident today (wasted so much time :disappoin).

Actually I take back what I said, I think it is better to just change stuff in tileset 1.
The other way works too though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
mine still wont work i edited the pallet and everything, and it still is grey in my block editor. i dont know if these pics worked but i tried to up load them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back