ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #5401    
Old June 19th, 2008 (8:40 PM).
Shining Dragonite's Avatar
Shining Dragonite Shining Dragonite is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2004
    Gender:
    Posts: 17
    Ok, this is a really noob question, but...

    I'm moving away from the overt simplicity of hacking Advance Gen. games, and am setting my sights on making hacks of gb/gbc games; namely Blue and Gold.

    Now here's where the noobness comes in;

    I have a hex editor, and have been able to write text to certain parts of the rom, but I'm not sure how to implement that text to be said by one of the characters/signs, because it asks me for a text bank and a text block, whatever that means.

    So, what is the Text Bank and Text Block's relation to the text's actual location, in hex, within the rom?

    :/

    Relevant Advertising!

      #5402    
    Old June 19th, 2008 (11:27 PM).
    IIMarckus's Avatar
    IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
    J946@5488AA97464
       
      Join Date: Oct 2007
      Gender:
      Posts: 402
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shining Dragonite View Post
      I have a hex editor, and have been able to write text to certain parts of the rom, but I'm not sure how to implement that text to be said by one of the characters/signs, because it asks me for a text bank and a text block, whatever that means.

      So, what is the Text Bank and Text Block's relation to the text's actual location, in hex, within the rom?
      The "text block"/"text bank" label in Goldmap is mislabeled. It has nothing to do with text -- it's actually the two-byte pointer to the script, as you can see if you check out the scripts in hex. To do what you're asking (make it so that people can say things), you should look up scripting; cooley has a tutorial a few pages into the Documents/Tutorials section. And if you haven't already, read up on pointers.

      As an aside, Blue is very unfriendly if you don't already know how it works. I recommend sticking with Gold until you have a bit more experience editing GBC games.
        #5403    
      Old June 20th, 2008 (5:31 AM).
      lennycharriez315 lennycharriez315 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Posts: 15
        i kind a need help hacking my roms.......ok i have a couple of problems.

        1.need a link to diamond cutter.
        2.how to add scripts in the game.
        3.and making scripts that work....

        can any body help me please ill seny you a copy of my psp hacking guide. which is real good. especially on custom firmware details. or you can do it of kindness.
          #5404    
        Old June 20th, 2008 (5:50 AM).
        destinedjagold's Avatar
        destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
        Oh Hai Thar~
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2007
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 8,507
        read tutorials on how to add scripts in the ROM.
        __________________


        FC: 0061-1111-6462
        TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

          #5405    
        Old June 20th, 2008 (6:34 AM).
        lennycharriez315 lennycharriez315 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Posts: 15
          were do i read the tutorial
            #5406    
          Old June 20th, 2008 (7:05 AM).
          Scyther X's Avatar
          Scyther X Scyther X is offline
          Shadow Trainer
             
            Join Date: Apr 2008
            Gender:
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 58
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lennycharriez315 View Post
            were do i read the tutorial
            Ummm i belive u can find tha tutorials at tha top of tha page, that says Documents & Tutorials...But dazt jus me
            __________________
              #5407    
            Old June 20th, 2008 (7:17 AM).
            Binary's Avatar
            Binary Binary is offline
            え?
               
              Join Date: Aug 2007
              Age: 22
              Posts: 3,993
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lennycharriez315 View Post
              i kind a need help hacking my roms.......ok i have a couple of problems.

              1.need a link to diamond cutter.
              2.how to add scripts in the game.
              3.and making scripts that work....

              can any body help me please ill seny you a copy of my psp hacking guide. which is real good. especially on custom firmware details. or you can do it of kindness.
              I don't know about the Diamond cutter, but if you use pokescript, you could get some guidance from this tutorial for making scripts and inserting them. Or you could read up thethethethe's scripting tutorial. If you use scripted then this should help you through the basics of making a script and this should help you to compile them. Have fun.
              __________________
                #5408    
              Old June 20th, 2008 (11:29 AM).
              lennycharriez315 lennycharriez315 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2008
                Posts: 15
                Thanx alot ill check it out now..if you want the guide leave me ur email
                  #5409    
                Old June 20th, 2008 (11:37 AM).
                X-aveon's Avatar
                X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 232
                  whenever im in the middle of my hack, on visualboy advanced, pokemon ruby (AXVE), whenever a pokemon does string shot, the game freezes. if anyone would be kind to help, thnx. by the way, it might help if someone told me the number for string shot on unlz.gba. thnx.
                  __________________


                  I want that apple......
                    #5410    
                  Old June 20th, 2008 (11:53 AM).
                  lennycharriez315 lennycharriez315 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                    Posts: 15
                    i need diamond cutter....
                    im trying to compile my scripts and the first rbklog opened now i need diamond cutter to finish it off.
                    can ya give me a link to "Diamond cutter" or upload your and then give me the link to download..please.......this is all i need to accually start my hack rom......i made the whole map already now i need to chance the script...
                    please can ya help me
                      #5411    
                    Old June 20th, 2008 (11:56 AM).
                    colcolstyles's Avatar
                    colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                    Yours truly
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: May 2008
                    Location: The Bay Area
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 1,584
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lennycharriez315 View Post
                    i need diamond cutter....
                    im trying to compile my scripts and the first rbklog opened now i need diamond cutter to finish it off.
                    can ya give me a link to "Diamond cutter" or upload your and then give me the link to download..please.......this is all i need to accually start my hack rom......i made the whole map already now i need to chance the script...
                    please can ya help me
                    Google "birmin studios" and click on the first link. Then, at the top, click on Hack Tools and it should be there.
                    __________________

                    Brother of Vrai
                      #5412    
                    Old June 20th, 2008 (12:08 PM).
                    X-aveon's Avatar
                    X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                    IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 232
                      can someone please answer my question
                      __________________


                      I want that apple......
                        #5413    
                      Old June 20th, 2008 (1:01 PM).
                      Diggeh's Avatar
                      Diggeh Diggeh is offline
                      A horoscope of ambitions.
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                        Location: Somewhere.
                        Age: 26
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 194
                        Does anybody have the tile molester offset for Ruby's main font?
                        __________________
                          #5414    
                        Old June 20th, 2008 (2:39 PM).
                        Teh Baro's Avatar
                        Teh Baro Teh Baro is offline
                        In my times...!
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2006
                          Location: Spain
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 522
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by FriendsRoxYourSox View Post
                          whenever im in the middle of my hack, on visualboy advanced, pokemon ruby (AXVE), whenever a pokemon does string shot, the game freezes. if anyone would be kind to help, thnx. by the way, it might help if someone told me the number for string shot on unlz.gba. thnx.
                          You have either overwritten the picture with the previous pic (find it in a clean rom) or edited wrong the "speed fell" text, It happened to me once while translating that the game froze when using ancientpower (if raised the stats) for similar reasons.
                          __________________
                          what the fudge
                            #5415    
                          Old June 20th, 2008 (6:54 PM). Edited June 20th, 2008 by X-aveon.
                          X-aveon's Avatar
                          X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                          IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2008
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 232
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
                            You have either overwritten the picture with the previous pic (find it in a clean rom) or edited wrong the "speed fell" text, It happened to me once while translating that the game froze when using ancientpower (if raised the stats) for similar reasons.
                            thanx, but, ive looked in a clean rom already for it and i just cant find it. do you know where it is in unlz.gba, and what is the speed fell text?
                            on unlz.gba, it shows that im missing 194 on my hacked rom is there anyway to insert it?
                            __________________


                            I want that apple......
                              #5416    
                            Old June 20th, 2008 (8:18 PM).
                            Melash's Avatar
                            Melash Melash is offline
                            Back for now.
                               
                              Join Date: May 2008
                              Location: Idaho
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 425
                              Hey, I have a question: This guide was made by Coolboyman, it looks important, but I'm not sure how to use it! So, how can I use it in my hack? I'm using Windhex...
                                #5417    
                              Old June 21st, 2008 (12:24 AM).
                              Blazichu's Avatar
                              Blazichu Blazichu is offline
                              Bahhhh?
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2006
                                Location: The ground?
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1,388
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Melash
                                Hey, I have a question: This guide was made by Coolboyman, it looks important, but I'm not sure how to use it! So, how can I use it in my hack? I'm using Windhex...
                                They are flags, you can activate them, reset them and check if they are on or off. The codes used are from 31-33 for Bit Table 1 and 34-36 for Bit Table 2.
                                __________________

                                ←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
                                  #5418    
                                Old June 21st, 2008 (5:52 AM).
                                BlackRainbow*'s Avatar
                                BlackRainbow* BlackRainbow* is offline
                                Pokemon Coralo Version ?
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2006
                                  Location: Yiushu
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 513
                                  Any one knows the offset for Fonts for FR in Tileed2002?
                                  __________________
                                  Pokemon Coralo Version...New Pokemon Petal.
                                  Shyrika Region
                                    #5419    
                                  Old June 21st, 2008 (7:01 AM).
                                  X-aveon's Avatar
                                  X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                                  IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Naive
                                    Posts: 232
                                    does anybody know how to get string shot to work? ruby (axve)
                                    __________________


                                    I want that apple......
                                      #5420    
                                    Old June 21st, 2008 (10:37 AM).
                                    Tentachu's Avatar
                                    Tentachu Tentachu is offline
                                    Movie Making Expert
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2003
                                      Location: In front of my PC
                                      Age: 25
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Careful
                                      Posts: 273
                                      What program do you use to edit/add/change battle sprites of Pokémon or the Professor at the beginning of Pokémon Gold?
                                      __________________

                                      That cave above Blackthorn City sure has changed...


                                      SIGN THE G/S REMAKE PETITION HERE!

                                      Watch my ROM Hack videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WeirdEars





                                      In case you didn't realize, I support ShinyGold!
                                        #5421    
                                      Old June 21st, 2008 (11:02 AM).
                                      Teh Baro's Avatar
                                      Teh Baro Teh Baro is offline
                                      In my times...!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2006
                                        Location: Spain
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quiet
                                        Posts: 522
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by FriendsRoxYourSox View Post
                                        thanx, but, ive looked in a clean rom already for it and i just cant find it. do you know where it is in unlz.gba, and what is the speed fell text?
                                        on unlz.gba, it shows that im missing 194 on my hacked rom is there anyway to insert it?
                                        well, keep looking. I don't know it and don't think noone has it written down.
                                        And the speed fell text is "X's Y Z" where X is the rival pokemon, Y is attack, defense... and Z is rose/fell/sharply rose/sharply fell, but if you haven't edited battle texts it isn't it.
                                        __________________
                                        what the fudge
                                          #5422    
                                        Old June 21st, 2008 (11:41 AM).
                                        ·•CES•·'s Avatar
                                        ·•CES•· ·•CES•· is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                                          Gender:
                                          Posts: 5
                                          Hi!
                                          Well, first, Can anyone tell me how to edit the sprite and data of the world map of gold/silver?
                                          please, show me a tutorial o explain very well so i can understand it.
                                          Secondly ( i have windows XP) I cant use pokemon HFD editor, the one who told me that i had
                                          to use the arrows to load my rom was wrong, it doesnt work.
                                          And finally, can someone tell me if i can edit the pokemon sprites (in battles) of pokemon red and blue?

                                          Thanks
                                            #5423    
                                          Old June 21st, 2008 (11:53 AM).
                                          ℜªℳ's Avatar
                                          ℜªℳ ℜªℳ is offline
                                          RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2007
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 214
                                            I use GBcolorizer for my gold spriting. Is there a good substitute for this? If not then is it possible to import sprites as you can do with Hackmew and Xeon's OW?
                                            __________________
                                            Let's play a requiem for reality, the most beautiful melody, for reality is dead like what you used to be...

                                            Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
                                              #5424    
                                            Old June 21st, 2008 (11:53 AM).
                                            Hat? Hat? is offline
                                            Banned
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2007
                                              Posts: 182
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Tentachu View Post
                                              What program do you use to edit/add/change battle sprites of Pokémon or the Professor at the beginning of Pokémon Gold?
                                              AGIXP -- see the tool box

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by xXSaintXx View Post
                                              Hi!
                                              Well, first, Can anyone tell me how to edit the sprite and data of the world map of gold/silver?
                                              please, show me a tutorial o explain very well so i can understand it.
                                              Secondly ( i have windows XP) I cant use pokemon HFD editor, the one who told me that i had
                                              to use the arrows to load my rom was wrong, it doesnt work.
                                              And finally, can someone tell me if i can edit the pokemon sprites (in battles) of pokemon red and blue?

                                              Thanks
                                              you just navigate to the Gold ROM with the arrow keys, press Enter, it has instructions

                                              your second question: not easily, not with a tool that does alot of the work for you
                                                #5425    
                                              Old June 21st, 2008 (12:04 PM).
                                              ·•CES•·'s Avatar
                                              ·•CES•· ·•CES•· is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2007
                                                Gender:
                                                Posts: 5
                                                Man, dont answer like that ok?
                                                I said that using the arrows dont work for me, do you understand?
                                                And i know how to use HEX well, I know that I have to use that to edit the map, Dont
                                                talk to me thinking that im an stupid ok? The thing i dont know is how i edit that.

                                                I repeat my questions:
                                                Well, first, Can anyone tell me how to edit the sprite and data of the world map of gold/silver?
                                                please, show me a tutorial o explain very well so i can understand it.
                                                Secondly ( i have windows XP) I cant use pokemon HFD editor, the one who told me that i had
                                                to use the arrows to load my rom was wrong, it doesnt work.
                                                And finally, can someone tell me if i can edit the pokemon sprites (in battles) of pokemon red and blue?
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 AM.