• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Are you using the icon with the swords called, Pokemon Odyssey?

I've just tried it and I don't get any errors :S

I'm still looking into this.

It's very strange.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha! A demo. Omg goin to kos huh? Im near there. Have fun and um*clears throat*if without parents enjoy the view. Ah when you get there youll know what I mean. Anyway have fun and well enjoy mah country! Also demo looks fun.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I can get onto it but when I get to the title screen, what button do I push to select "New game"?

Atomic Reactor

Man, this computer wont lewt me open the file =(
could you maybe, like, winzip it or something?
i would reallyl ike to see this progress in action.

Waudby

Okay, I guess I should've posted controls :P

Z is the action button, x is the cancel button, enter is the start button

and obviously the arrows move you around.

Sorry about confusion.

And to all those who can't play for some reason, I'll try and help you sort it out.

Waudby

Hmmmm, there sometimes is an error because of the way they are loaded.

They shouldn't happen all the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
When you talk to someone, the flower animation messes up...

And Uing says "None of the scientist here". Shouldn't that be "scientists"?

Also, "it's power" should be "its power". "Containts" should be "contains".

Finally, I can't seem to attack in battle :(

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hmmm, seems to be an error with vista.
I downloaded the game on my XP desktop and loaded fine.

I enjoyed the game.
I liked the screens when you opten the game first(the stuff before selecting the new game). I'm so used to the Rm2k3 stuff, it was nice to see a start-up like the way the pokemon games do.
Kyledoves shinoh tiles look really nice at Odysseys resolution. When showing text, the flowers go crazy lol.
The real time clock is cool.
I actually liked the battle system.
Really really well done man. I seriously don't no if you need to worry about it. It's fine. Like this is a fan game after all. I enjoyed the battle. I was battling a Bulbasaur (I picked Totodile)- the guy nearly killed me!! I had one HP by the end of the battle lol.

But,
I glitched the game durning the storyline events, by walking around when I wasn't ment to be walking around. Both when in the lab, and with dawn on the route. The game crashed :(
Oh,
The text is a bit weird the way it kinda goes funky just before it goes to the second line.

Overall, I really liked it. I was looking at the game in sphere, reading the scripts and looking at the maps, and I can tell you put alot of effort in! Good job.

Waudby

I'm not sure why you couldn't attack in battle Wichu, i've never had this problem. I'll fix those text problems.

The reason why the flowers go crazy is because, i still need to set up the FPS throttling for the text, because the Map Engine and the Frame Rate are set at different rates, when the text box is opened the map engine hands over the frame rate to the video buffer, which in this case, is unthrottled.

I don't think I rushed the game, it's just sometimes there's errors that the game maker just wont notice. Especially run time errors, because I have all the required files I dont have to worry, where as someone who hasnt got sphere will maybe get problems.

So what did everyone actually think to the game, give a rating out of 10 and reasons why please.

Last edited:

Waudby

Yes it is playable, it does work, people have played it, try redownloading it, or downloading the latest version of sphere from www.spheredev.net.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked for you, i'm not sure why everyone else can play it but not you :/

Atomic Reactor

could you maybe upload ito n a couple other sites or something?
or winzip it?

sorry for the annoyance -_-'

Waudby

Are you having problems with the .rar file?

just download and install winrar, it's a much better file version, compresses smaller, as I can't overload my webspace too much :P

Atomic Reactor

i got up to the 2nd town, and then to route 2
the girl battled me and as soon as her rattata was sent out, i got an error...
something about the script. idk.

one thing really annoyed me. it was palying like 3 or 4 different music peices at a time XD
you may wanna check that out.

dont worry about the flower glitch. its funyn! lol XD

other than that its good!!

i also managed to get -8 hp on my cyndaquil o_0 lol

keep up the great owrk.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Ooh! Ooh! I just realized there was a demo! I'm downloading! It's at 31%....2 Minutes remaining....

I'm guessing I shouldn't review this for PC Gamer eh? Seems that there are a lot of bugs... O.o

Waudby

Ooh! Ooh! I just realized there was a demo! I'm downloading! It's at 31%....2 Minutes remaining....

I'm guessing I shouldn't review this for PC Gamer eh? Seems that there are a lot of bugs... O.o

There will be a new release after i get back off holiday. One with all the bugs fixed as good as i can. This release is an open beta, basically the gamers are the beta testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back