• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caught meh first shiny.... WOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I was walking through Eterna Forest after unsuccesfully hunting Heracross when I stumbled upon a Wurmple. Now, normally I would have killed it and continued on my merry way, but I just had a gut feeling that I needed to catch this Wurmple. It was slightly difficult seeing as I only had Pokemon who would have one-hit it had I dealt damage, but after the second Pokeball it succumbed. So, I headed back to meh PC to get a closer look at it, and sure enough, it was shiny. Like, all purple-ey n' stuff. And it was TIMID!!! So now I have a Speed and Special Attack EV'd male Shiny Beautifly.

Little bit of sarcasm in there, for those who didn't catch on. I suggest you go smother yourself in celophane.

Just kidding.

Or am I.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Hiphip hooray? My first Shiny was a loooooong time ago. Back to GSC years. First entered the Ilex Forest and encountered a shiny Oddish. it had golden weeds for crying out loud.

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
Years
Mine was a Meowth that is now a Persian. ^^ (Technically, the first I saw was a Golbat on Sapphire, but I thought it was a glitch in my game. (I had no damn Poké Balls left, either. -_-) My cousin and I called it the "Mutant Golbat" until we found out what shinies were. ;_; Then , we got mad at each other, saying it was the other's fault. XD)

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
Years
Awesome dude! I found a Shining Geodude today! I used to have a Shiny Crobat, Ludicolo, and Golem on my Ruby, but I lost it!!!!!GAH!!!!!!!

blossem577

Glaceon fan!!!
Years
*snivel* ive never had a shiny... mind you, i dont go 'hunting' for pokemon. only if i need them. cuz i breed them, then hatch them. then flog 'em on the GTS. my life... great aint it?

moments.

quixotic
Years
At least you guys could catch your first shiny!
My first shiny happened to be the second Pokemon I found on Ruby Version.
The first being Poochyena who attacks the Prof. Then when I was sent to find my rival for the first time, I stumbled across a reddish Zigzagoon. I quickly ran to the computer to check if it was shiny and it was!
Too bad you couldn't have Pokeballs at that stage of the game...
I had to run away from my first shiny...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Mine was a Tentacruel. Well, it wasn't mine at first. My brother caught it in his Emerald game and migrated it into my Pearl game.

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
Years
The first shiny, appart from the red gyrados from GSC, I caught was a bibarel. ;-; Of all the pokemon. xD I've also missed: A Shiny Geodude and a shiny onix. Because my smelly Magmortar thought it was fun to critical hit them. xD O' well.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Well although my First and only encounter of a shiny slipped from me, I actually have a number if shinies from trades and what not.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
my first not including the gyarados, was a slugma from emerld :) I have caught a few more since then.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
My first was a tentacool in Ruby, which I was able to catch. The funny thing is, I got my second and third shining pokemon on the same day. A duskull and a linoone ^_^ . I don't go hunting for shinings on purpose, I just wait for them to appear. (and I'm terrible at chaining xD)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I've seen a shiny Cubone in Crystal and a shiny X Unown in Fire Red.
Both were blue, neither was caught.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Congrats, my first shiny was a shiny Zubat on ruby, then on FireRed a ratatta.

STK

Char-bok-a!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 6, 2011
My first shiny was a Dunsparce in Gold. Then a Cleffa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back