• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends (working title)

Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?

• Hoenn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scompi

Hm.. December 22, 2007. Wow! That was a long time ago!

Hey everyone, IT has been a loing time since I last updated this thread, or even Pokemon Legends for that matter. I have been away and busy for a while, and to be honest, I lost a bit of interest :(.

But! Out of no where, it came back to me. I really want to finish this project and I hope everyone else feels the same. I picked up where I last left off, mapping Cherrygrove. I thought about where I was going with it and I didnt like it one bit. So I decided to trash the idea of going to Cherrygrove, and instead travel to somewhere different and unexpected. I think it would be easier to explain in list format, so:

Trashed Ideas/Plans/Maps
Idea - Olivine to Cherrygrove
Plan - Get ticket from W.I. President
Map - Cherrygrove City
Map - Olvine Port
Map - Route 30

New Ideas/Plans/Maps
Idea - Travel north from Cyan city to future city/route
Plan - Fix trainers and gym leaders pokemon to an appropriate level
Plan - New tiles
Plan - New gym leaders

Well anyways, thats what I got so far. Im very interested in finishing this game, but I need fans, users, etc. to feel the same way, or else Im only wasting time. Let me know what you think and feel free to give me some of your own ideas that I can use.

Thanks ;)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I remember this hack. I still have the Alpha in my roms folder. The mapping was really nice and some of the events were really cool.

Question: Why are you adding places from other regions? It just seems kind of weird that you are only in the region you start in for two towns. You seem to have a lot of it planned out, which is really good, but I don't see a story. Is this hack just about the legendary Pokemon?

Scompi

Okay I changed a few up a few maps and added an event in Briarsedge Town that prevents you from going into BriarWoods without obtaining the pokedex. Here are some screens:

Just a simple script
screen1ac9.png

The beginning of Route 3
screen2kg1.png

There are other map changes, but they are very minor and are probably not noticable.

Thanks ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
This looks really cool, and I like your maps. I wanna see this hack finished.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi there Scompi, good to see you again after so long.

So, I see you decided to give a turn to Legends, eh? Well, that's good, as long as you manage to think on stuff to put on those new locations (which wont be easy)

I'll still be around here to cheer on you, though I wont be able to give you some ideas as before... hehe :P

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
Years
This hack is really good and I played it last year. The maps are great and keep hacking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scompi

I've been doing some thinking and I've decide to stop working on the hack. So as of today, Pokemon Legends is officially cancelled.

But, I started working on another hack. So I havent given up hacking entirely. I cant reveal any information right now, but it will be posted in the near future.

Thanks.

Years
I will say its a more fun hack the a good hack
meaning it has some tile errors, the 1st 2 gyms arent original at all, as for gym leaders and as for scripts. but when u comnined with jhoto it became really fun to play. anyway as bonus I want to show my pokemons at the end of the beta :
dpmfa064.png
lvl 29
dpmfa075.png
lvl 26
dpmfa005.png
lvl 25
dpmfa044.png
lvl 25
dpmfa022.png
lvl 21
dpmfa098.png
lvl 18

cpsp

Hack Lover
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
Oww man :( Cancelled. Bummer.
Well, you're not the first to cancel and won't be the last.
I hope you can carry your skills over to your next hack.
Good luck!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Even though you have canceled this hack,
I will support you just like this one ;-)
Just PM me if you need my help again ;-)

Scompi

Hey everyone. Its been a while. I just wanted to say, I'm not giving up just yet on this hack. For the past few weeks I've been thinking of some story ideas for this game. I was even playing around with the maps, updating them and changing a lot of events. For example, the professor Oak event at the beginning is out. I figured that wasnt original AT ALL. As well as most of the other events. I also was fiddling around with some script editors and got them to start working out well. This gave me some ideas on events that I can replace the old ones with.

Ok so, this hack isn't being continued just yet. I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on whether or not I should give this hack another shot. Please feel free to give suggestions, as I always appreciate them.

To Dirk123: Thanks a lot buddy. You will always be my best BETA tester! lol

Thanks;)

EDIT: You can delete this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
I got stucked, please help !

Hi, Im playing Pokemon legends 2.5 by scompi version and I got stucked and don´t know what to do. I have already tried all possibilities, talked to everyone .. but no progress at all

Im in Ecruteak city now, came from Olivine city, only possible way. I have got all 5badges (including the one from ecruteak), I have HM cut, fly, surf, strength, rock smash (cannot use yet). I have been in Brass tower and all buildings in ecruteak, but I have nowhere to go now

img718.imageshack.us/img718/7773/mapd.png

the second way from city (on the east) is unaccessible, It appears like there were not doors, I cannot go into this building. So I cannot continue to other cities. please help

img190.imageshack.us/img190/8380/ecruteak.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back