• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Gary Edition![Pre Beta-1 Released.]

Should I release a Pre-beta?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
so decided to do a bug report,
the pikachu when you are greeted by oak on the info screen, is messed up,
ash's sprite is distorted
and you mite want to change the players battle sprite.
finally the game freezes up when you go to viridian forest

i have a couple suggestions, one change the text more, like when ash says you won't be necessary for the pokedex thing do this Gary: ash you won't be necessary, and when ash says i'm going to get a map from my sis, say gary:i'm going to get a map from my sis and tell her not to give you one. and then edit garys sisters text to : hi gary here's a map for your adventure! etc.

Years
so decided to do a bug report,
the pikachu when you are greeted by oak on the info screen, is messed up,
ash's sprite is distorted
and you mite want to change the players battle sprite.
finally the game freezes up when you go to viridian forest

i have a couple suggestions, one change the text more, like when ash says you won't be necessary for the pokedex thing do this Gary: ash you won't be necessary, and when ash says i'm going to get a map from my sis, say gary:i'm going to get a map from my sis and tell her not to give you one. and then edit garys sisters text to : hi gary here's a map for your adventure! etc.

I'll consider some of those suggestions.
I've tested the game out myself, and it hasn't frozen up for me.
I'm currently in Cerulean, I'm going to use walkthrough walls to get the bike to test the bike sprites.
After the bug search is over, I'll start working on them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
haha wow if u chose pika(by saying yes) u get a big question mark for u and ashs poke its name is ?????????? u shud make it where u cant pick that poke lmao ashs sprite is small the girl sprite is wierd when u walk move ect the game frezes after u walk away from the old man telling u how to atch a pok

Years
Upadating Thread now...

Also, I'll be putting up a Pre-beta 2 around 20% completion.
It will fix some bugs, and mabye add some Johto pokemon in certain routes.

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked
Years
How's this?
picture.php

It uses the same pallette as Garys trainer sprites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
i think it would be better if you play Gary in Yellow Version.. Meeting ash with Pikachu on his Back..
Just a suggestion..^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
hey i just patched the pre-beta 1 and just so u know it doesn't go past the new game, then the screen that explains the buttons. it's just a black screen and the music keeps playing =/. here's a tip:you should test your patches. seriously, i've only released one demo-thing but after you make your patch test yourself b4 releasing it. it helps so you dont have ppl complaining later about it...

Years
How's this?
picture.php

It uses the same pallette as Garys trainer sprites.
Thats Great!
I'd love to use that backsprite(and if you can make more like that would be great!)
I'll put a credits section and add you into it if you like.

i think it would be better if you play Gary in Yellow Version.. Meeting ash with Pikachu on his Back..
Just a suggestion..^^

Maybe later on when the game is more developed, I"ll add Pikachu to Ash's sprites, on his back, like you said, but I have more important things to work on at the moment, I'll use this suggestion in the future.

hey i just patched the pre-beta 1 and just so u know it doesn't go past the new game, then the screen that explains the buttons. it's just a black screen and the music keeps playing =/. here's a tip:you should test your patches. seriously, i've only released one demo-thing but after you make your patch test yourself b4 releasing it. it helps so you dont have ppl complaining later about it...

If you read the thread, you'd know that Pre-beta 1 is a bug-catching stage, the game isn't actually "released yet".
And I do test my patches, but that doesn't mean I'll experience the same bugs as you do...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
hey i made you a banner. it's sorta rushed so no worries if u don't like it.
qx70o9.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Thats Great!
If you read the thread, you'd know that Pre-beta 1 is a bug-catching stage, the game isn't actually "released yet".
And I do test my patches, but that doesn't mean I'll experience the same bugs as you do...

oh ok. no what i meant was i couldn't even start a game.. i went on new game and it said how the controls work and it went black..
and i did read the thread btw

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked
Years

can you insert it? if not, I'll insert it for you..^^
I can insert it, but I'm having problems trying to get the pallette working. I made him use Garys trainer pallette instead of Reds pallette.
Think you could fix that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Try the alternate version of Tile Molester.. From there, you can load the palette that you saved from VBA..^^

Years
Have u thought of anything if u choose to play as the girl? :\

Well, I'm thinking of in the future, putting a vote as to who the girl shall be, if not, it will either stay the same, be a whole new design, or be may.

-Update-
Pre-beta 1.1 released, just a bugfix though.
Also, I changed the title screen to firered's. I didn't like it that much...

Just a suggestion..^^

I think I can make ash like this:
27225395nv4.png
17417181gg9.png

Is that what you mean't, having pikachu on ash's back?
I could make more, but then Ash would have Pikachu before he gets a a pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back