Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old July 22nd, 2008 (5:41 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2008 by DietCokeSeeker.
DietCokeSeeker's Avatar
DietCokeSeeker DietCokeSeeker is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Posts: 39
    I've hit a bug of sorts or me lacking perseption missed it: In the first city (it has the third gym) I can't seem to get through the gaurds. I talked to Pryce, but he isn't much help. Nevermind, it was just a temporary glitch.

    Also, I like it so far. Mareep seems to be popular for an electric starter choice. The graphical style of the main character is cool, but his cap looks awkward because of the way it is positioned.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #52    
    Old July 23rd, 2008 (12:58 AM).
    [HoN] Jereziah's Avatar
    [HoN] Jereziah [HoN] Jereziah is offline
    Till DEATH do us part!
       
      Join Date: Mar 2008
      Location: Destiny Island
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 651
      Wow!
      An Alpha alredy!?
      So quick man!
      Awesome
      __________________
      [simple-spoil="League of Legends"]If you wanna play LoL click:
      https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf10adbb6c1a[/simple-spoil]

      Play this game, if you like DotA.

        #53    
      Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:04 AM).
      Christos's Avatar
      Christos Christos is offline
      • Moderator
      • Battle Server Staff
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2006
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Serious
      Posts: 6,403
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by patc15 View Post
      where does the alpha stop at? three gyms?
      Yes, it's three gyms.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lex_14 View Post
      Oh, your are back, congratulations for your return.
      I know that resemble machine relay the same thing with several of PokeCommunity or something like that, but you need to work hard the graphic, mainly, and I am not referring to the ministry, which are great.
      But to what all the tiles.
      And is the first thing we set ourselves ...
      Well, at least I xD

      In Scripting have a good level, I admit, I played the old Liquid Ocean, and fascinated me.
      Good lucky friend ^ ^!
      I don't really want to put many new graphics, I'm keeping the Fire Red style, and the only good FR styled tiles I could find are some buildings.
      But there will be graphical changes for the different environments.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DietCokeSeeker View Post
      I've hit a bug of sorts or me lacking perseption missed it: In the first city (it has the third gym) I can't seem to get through the gaurds. I talked to Pryce, but he isn't much help. Nevermind, it was just a temporary glitch.

      Also, I like it so far. Mareep seems to be popular for an electric starter choice. The graphical style of the main character is cool, but his cap looks awkward because of the way it is positioned.
      This happened to a few people, I think there's something with the ROM I used to make the patch, but since it's just temporary, I won't have to make another patch with another Fire Red ROM.

      It's good that there weren't any bugs found so far, I'll continue with the progress now, I'll update when I have a few things done.
      __________________

      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
        #54    
      Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:07 AM).
      Osher99's Avatar
      Osher99 Osher99 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Gender:
        Posts: 195
        Umm The Alpha Done After The 3th GYM? (Fire GYM)?
        I Got Rock Smash (HM06) But I Cant Use It's Says Cant Use Untill Bade Will Be Obtained..
          #55    
        Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:17 AM).
        Christos's Avatar
        Christos Christos is offline
        • Moderator
        • Battle Server Staff
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2006
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 6,403
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post
        Umm The Alpha Done After The 3th GYM? (Fire GYM)?
        I Got Rock Smash (HM06) But I Cant Use It's Says Cant Use Untill Bade Will Be Obtained..
        You can't use it because the alpha ends there.
        __________________

        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          #56    
        Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:18 AM).
        tImE's Avatar
        tImE tImE is offline
        It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
           
          Join Date: Mar 2007
          Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia...
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 689
          Hey Christos,
          Where do you go after You beat the first gym?
          I've got Cut,
          but hey xD I need the second badge first,
          what am i to do?

          //44tim44
          __________________
            #57    
          Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:21 AM).
          Osher99's Avatar
          Osher99 Osher99 is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Gender:
            Posts: 195
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 44tim44 View Post
            Hey Christos,
            Where do you go after You beat the first gym?
            I've got Cut,
            but hey xD I need the second badge first,
            what am i to do?

            //44tim44
            Got To The Village ( Befor The Cave) And Go Down There Is a Tree Will Be Cut Down..
              #58    
            Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:21 AM).
            Christos's Avatar
            Christos Christos is offline
            • Moderator
            • Battle Server Staff
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2006
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 6,403
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 44tim44 View Post
            Hey Christos,
            Where do you go after You beat the first gym?
            I've got Cut,
            but hey xD I need the second badge first,
            what am i to do?

            //44tim44
            You don't need the second badge to use Cut, and please, don't post how to get Cut, I made it difficult to find for a reason.
            __________________

            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
              #59    
            Old July 23rd, 2008 (1:26 AM).
            tImE's Avatar
            tImE tImE is offline
            It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
               
              Join Date: Mar 2007
              Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia...
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 689
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christos View Post
              You don't need the second badge to use Cut, and please, don't post how to get Cut, I made it difficult to find for a reason.
              Oh, Ok sorry xD
              And thanks ^^

              //44tim44


              EDIT: Oh and I found a glitch too:
              Attached Images
              File Type: png Fire_Red_USA.png‎ (8.7 KB, 111 views) (Save to Dropbox)
              __________________
                #60    
              Old July 23rd, 2008 (2:31 AM).
              Christos's Avatar
              Christos Christos is offline
              • Moderator
              • Battle Server Staff
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2006
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 6,403
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 44tim44 View Post
              Oh, Ok sorry xD
              And thanks

              //44tim44


              EDIT: Oh and I found a glitch too:
              Okay, thanks, it's been fixed, there was a wrong movement in one of the two triggers of the event.
              __________________

              A Pokemon that is discriminated!
              Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                #61    
              Old July 23rd, 2008 (3:08 AM).
              Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
              Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
              Sitting by the back window
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2008
                Location: Best City OCE
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 5,988
                Wow, an alpha? Awesome!
                I'm gonna play it right now, Christos, you're fast!
                __________________
                Brony represent.
                  #62    
                Old July 23rd, 2008 (5:10 AM).
                piers590's Avatar
                piers590 piers590 is offline
                PokeManiac/Expert,GreatBreeder
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: queens, new york
                  Age: 24
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 14
                  wow this game is so n really amazing ive got 3rd badge....n i cant use rock smash, which mans its the end of alpha :-( but ive read earlier posts so i no y now....... i ttly support this game.....but there r no banners :-(
                  __________________



                    #63    
                  Old July 23rd, 2008 (7:27 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2008 by Ryousha.
                  Ryousha's Avatar
                  Ryousha Ryousha is offline
                  Pokespe Scanlator
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2007
                    Location: Somewhere
                    Age: 21
                    Nature: Naive
                    Posts: 958
                    Christos, A glitch is when you talk to get pikachu then try to go horizon falls, then try to talk to Pryce

                    all he says is Im sorry if I can't find your DAD.

                    I'm like. WTF JUST HAPPENED?


                    I should be an alpha tester,(I got a new clean rom, and It still happens.)

                    I'm probably the only person that found 8 bugs in a day xD.

                    It fixed, you have to get Mareep, then go to pryce house,

                    DO NOT GO to try in Horizion, it causes a giant glitch.

                    EDIT:
                    Also the guy in Syrnic town, in that route above, he teaches u pokemon, if u click no the game freezes for around 10 seconds.

                    EDIT:
                    btw, the zelda shop, make the premier ball, reapepar after u leave and reenter, so it's there again =).

                    EDIT:
                    The Youngster in the cave is overpowered, my mareep is only level 7, and they have 2 rattata and a a level 7 zubat

                    EDIT:
                    The Insides of a one house with the poliwhirl, has a different music.

                    EDIT AGAIN:
                    The Inn takes 400 instead of 200.

                    EDIT:

                    Small Tile Error

                    EDIT LAST:
                    Lower the first gym leader, he's too strong, Im level 16, he's way TOO Powerful.

                    EDIT LAST:
                    the First Gym Leader, after u beat him has alot of weird words like A E S soemhting like that.
                      #64    
                    Old July 23rd, 2008 (8:18 AM).
                    ExMaikel's Avatar
                    ExMaikel ExMaikel is offline
                    :)
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Location: Israel
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 61
                      hey, write in spoiler or pm me how to get CUT, i looked everywhere, i can't found it Oo"
                        #65    
                      Old July 23rd, 2008 (8:29 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2008 by Ryousha.
                      Ryousha's Avatar
                      Ryousha Ryousha is offline
                      Pokespe Scanlator
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                        Location: Somewhere
                        Age: 21
                        Nature: Naive
                        Posts: 958
                        CUT.

                        Is in Senora Town,

                        [Location Removed. Do Not Do This Again]
                          #66    
                        Old July 23rd, 2008 (8:38 AM).
                        EarthsVisitor EarthsVisitor is offline
                        Jolly Good
                           
                          Join Date: May 2006
                          Location: New Jersey
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 385
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
                          CUT.

                          Is in -EDITED-,

                          GET-EDIT-. talk to the -EDIT-, and you go in a -EDIT- and get it.
                          He said not to tell where it was. ;]
                          I suggest you edit your post.

                          As for the Alpha. I'll play it soon. It will be the first hack I play on my own accord. Excited? Yes you are!
                          __________________

                            #67    
                          Old July 23rd, 2008 (8:47 AM).
                          Ryousha's Avatar
                          Ryousha Ryousha is offline
                          Pokespe Scanlator
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2007
                            Location: Somewhere
                            Age: 21
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 958
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by EarthsVisitor View Post
                            He said not to tell where it was. ;]
                            I suggest you edit your post.

                            As for the Alpha. I'll play it soon. It will be the first hack I play on my own accord. Excited? Yes you are!
                            Crap! my bad.

                            Well, I won't spoil anymore :\

                            btw, Should I make a walkthrough? =\?
                              #68    
                            Old July 23rd, 2008 (12:39 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2008 by Christos.
                            Christos's Avatar
                            Christos Christos is offline
                            • Moderator
                            • Battle Server Staff
                            • Platinum Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2006
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Serious
                            Posts: 6,403
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by EarthsVisitor View Post
                            He said not to tell where it was. ;]
                            I suggest you edit your post.

                            As for the Alpha. I'll play it soon. It will be the first hack I play on my own accord. Excited? Yes you are!
                            I'll be more excited if you actually play it~

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
                            Christos, A glitch is when you talk to get pikachu then try to go horizon falls, then try to talk to Pryce

                            all he says is Im sorry if I can't find your DAD.

                            I'm like. WTF JUST HAPPENED?


                            I should be an alpha tester,(I got a new clean rom, and It still happens.)

                            I'm probably the only person that found 8 bugs in a day xD.

                            It fixed, you have to get Mareep, then go to pryce house,

                            DO NOT GO to try in Horizion, it causes a giant glitch.

                            EDIT:
                            Also the guy in Syrnic town, in that route above, he teaches u pokemon, if u click no the game freezes for around 10 seconds.

                            EDIT:
                            btw, the zelda shop, make the premier ball, reapepar after u leave and reenter, so it's there again =).

                            EDIT:
                            The Youngster in the cave is overpowered, my mareep is only level 7, and they have 2 rattata and a a level 7 zubat

                            EDIT:
                            The Insides of a one house with the poliwhirl, has a different music.

                            EDIT AGAIN:
                            The Inn takes 400 instead of 200.

                            EDIT:

                            Small Tile Error

                            EDIT LAST:
                            Lower the first gym leader, he's too strong, Im level 16, he's way TOO Powerful.

                            EDIT LAST:
                            the First Gym Leader, after u beat him has alot of weird words like A E S soemhting like that.
                            It seems most of the things you're reporting don't happen to me, it seems I was using a different Fire Red ROM.
                            The gym leader has strong pokémon so you can actually train before challenging him. And I don't think a walkthrough is needed, the game doesn't really go far.

                            I uploaded a patch with the proper Fire Red ROM, now I'll start working on Alpha 1.2, it'll be just to see how the sidequest feature is going to be, there will be two small sidequests added.
                            __________________

                            A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                              #69    
                            Old July 23rd, 2008 (2:02 PM).
                            BlackRainbow*'s Avatar
                            BlackRainbow* BlackRainbow* is offline
                            Pokemon Coralo Version ?
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2006
                              Location: Yiushu
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 518
                              Well lol Ryousha those glitches dosen't happen to me. are you sure that you're using clean fire red rom?

                              Woah Christos cant wait for Alpha 1.2. I wonder how those side quests will work.
                              __________________
                              Pokemon Coralo Version...New Pokemon Petal.
                              Shyrika Region
                                #70    
                              Old July 23rd, 2008 (3:57 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2008 by Ryousha.
                              Ryousha's Avatar
                              Ryousha Ryousha is offline
                              Pokespe Scanlator
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2007
                                Location: Somewhere
                                Age: 21
                                Nature: Naive
                                Posts: 958
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by BlackRainbow* View Post
                                Well lol Ryousha those glitches dosen't happen to me. are you sure that you're using clean fire red rom?

                                Woah Christos cant wait for Alpha 1.2. I wonder how those side quests will work.
                                lol, it was his rom, but all u guys care about is gampleay, I focus on glitches.


                                @Christos

                                It's not my fault, im an awful "bug finder", even though Im not even an alpha tester, I can still find bugs, and post images, because Nobody really cares about bugs, they just want to play.
                                  #71    
                                Old July 23rd, 2008 (8:06 PM).
                                DietCokeSeeker's Avatar
                                DietCokeSeeker DietCokeSeeker is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                                  Posts: 39
                                  I found a biggin'. The game freezes when you read the sign outside the second gym.
                                    #72    
                                  Old July 23rd, 2008 (11:55 PM).
                                  .hack's Avatar
                                  .hack .hack is offline
                                  skunkape
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2007
                                    Location: London, England
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Naughty
                                    Posts: 549
                                    Im In The First Gym Where Is You Dad I Must Of Scaled The Whole Lab!
                                      #73    
                                    Old July 24th, 2008 (1:06 AM).
                                    [HoN] Jereziah's Avatar
                                    [HoN] Jereziah [HoN] Jereziah is offline
                                    Till DEATH do us part!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2008
                                      Location: Destiny Island
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Brave
                                      Posts: 651
                                      Hey Christos!
                                      The enemy trainers are strong...I have lvl7 mareep and my enemies are 3 rattatalvl6
                                      __________________
                                      [simple-spoil="League of Legends"]If you wanna play LoL click:
                                      https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf10adbb6c1a[/simple-spoil]

                                      Play this game, if you like DotA.

                                        #74    
                                      Old July 24th, 2008 (1:14 AM).
                                      Christos's Avatar
                                      Christos Christos is offline
                                      • Moderator
                                      • Battle Server Staff
                                      • Platinum Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2006
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Serious
                                      Posts: 6,403
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by DietCokeSeeker View Post
                                      I found a biggin'. The game freezes when you read the sign outside the second gym.
                                      Okay, thanks, it's just a minor problem, it's been fixed.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by cove_2007 View Post
                                      Im In The First Gym Where Is You Dad I Must Of Scaled The Whole Lab!
                                      You don't find your dad in the alpha.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by lmg123 View Post
                                      Hey Christos!
                                      The enemy trainers are strong...I have lvl7 mareep and my enemies are 3 rattatalvl6
                                      You're supposed to train harder, if you're having problems in the first cave, then you'll find the gym leader much harder.
                                      __________________

                                      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                                      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                                        #75    
                                      Old July 24th, 2008 (1:20 AM).
                                      [HoN] Jereziah's Avatar
                                      [HoN] Jereziah [HoN] Jereziah is offline
                                      Till DEATH do us part!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                                        Location: Destiny Island
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Brave
                                        Posts: 651
                                        Oh!
                                        Ok Thanks fr that!
                                        BTW Cool Hack
                                        __________________
                                        [simple-spoil="League of Legends"]If you wanna play LoL click:
                                        https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf10adbb6c1a[/simple-spoil]

                                        Play this game, if you like DotA.

                                        Closed Thread

                                        Quick Reply

                                        Join the conversation!

                                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:46 PM.