• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Imagine a pokemon game for NDS!

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
Years
Imo, the graphics is not that important, so if there would come a pokemon game for NDS it could have the same graphics as ruby and sapphire. As you may know NDS supports Nintendo 64 graphics (I heard that a NDS cartridge fitted in 4 Zelda ocarina of time games!), if you make the game have the same graphics as ruby and sapphire, imagine how huge the game would be, imagine a combination of all the pokemon games, you would be able to catch all pokemons and of course a lot new ones, endless ways of combinations of pokemon... A seemingly neverending story (imo the story is funnier to play through then after you completed the game and is supposed to catch all pokemons), lots of new feautrers...! What do u think the touchscreen should have for function? the pokemon game should also support the wireless 16 player network play and the microphone thingy.... wow.... maybe im a bit overhyped but just imagine the possibilites...!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
I honestly can't imagine what purpose the touch screen would have in such a game. If it has the same capabilities like Ruby Sapphire but much bigger, then I suppose the touch screen could be for like fliping through pages of the pokedex or the Trainer's eyes. But that is all I can think of.

A good way to use the microphone would be to call out your pokemon's attacks instead of enter the command with a cursor, that way it would seem more real.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
The DS has some powerful online capabilities, so I'd imagine a long awaited online pok?mon Game. Of course, you'd be able to customize your sprite and all and battle one of the many other pok?fans around the world, right in your handheld device. I Think Nintendo'll also add another 8 AI gym leaders and another 5 AI elite trainers, but that is just there to add to a storyline and help others guage you're strengh (so you don't end up battling someone with six lv.100's ubers with three lv.2 Rattatas/Pidgeys). The Second screen can display a touch screen IM window, allowing you to actually talk to people instead of just waing up and pressing "A".

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
Years
I think i heard some time nintendo had a product that you could connect the gameboy with your cell phone, and if someone had the same stuff youd be able to play, i think it was something like that...

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
Years
Pokemon on the DS would rock. I think 2D sprites with a 3D background would be cool, the style we've been using but a little more graphically tuned. Oh and if any one wanted to see the fake pokemon DS box that has been going around, here it is in all it's photoshopped glory.

dsbox.jpg

~Splash

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
Years
LOL that dosent really look like something Nintendo would use :P and boxart hasnt even been thought of yet i believe... and no pokemon game announced..and.. ill just stop here :P

Years
Well I think that a Pokemon for DS will the masy coolest thing in the world! The online feature will be cool because with that Nintendo will organise some great leagues and it'll be not problem where you live to join!

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Pogiforce-14 said:

A good way to use the microphone would be to call out your pokemon's attacks instead of enter the command with a cursor, that way it would seem more real.
And ppl no longer need to afraid of clicking the wrong attack! XD
(I always click the wrong one...)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
jynx said:
And ppl no longer need to afraid of clicking the wrong attack! XD
(I always click the wrong one...)
I hate when that happens >.< I also hate when I'm depending on the opponent hurting itself in confusion, but then it doesn't.

I dunno whether I'd prefer the DS pokemon title to be traditional 2-D or the more interesting 3-D...there could be one major problem with having the old 2-D overworld...if there are more people online than there are tiles in the overworld >.<

3-D will help prevent that, but it just won't feel like a pokemon title though...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I'm sure they could implement a server feature—have multiple servers that can each hold X amount of people, and make sure each server's visual representation has enough space. o.o;

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Missingno Baby said:
Would if you had an accent? A realllly thick accent?
Oh ya! That's a good discovery!
Reminds me that I play Japanese version whilst I don't know Japanese! Kaaa...that's a problem...

Let's say... you can choose to click buttons or shout the attack during the battle. Would this be a good idea?

(Hey...so what should I choose? I don't know Japanese and I always click the wrong button during battles...HELP~~~!)

Back