• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
Years
HELP

what I really need help with is, how do i change what the people are named as and how to change what they say. i also need to know what tool i need for it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
what I really need help with is, how do i change what the people are named as and how to change what they say. i also need to know what tool i need for it.

To change trainer's names...
Use PET...

To change what they say...
Use Advance Text...

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
how do you upload new sprites onto the emerald rom?

well i know how to upload em... but i mean how do you fill in all the ? spaces? (25 of them)

i can only find one with UNLZ- GBA not all 25... how do i find all 25 so i can upload my pokemon pictures

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've just got the new version of advance map and got a text editor (XSE) to try and change up some of the events and such but whenever I change them and asks if I want to save it saves to something else and doesnt edit it in the game. How can I get it to save in the game? (plus tried to use it w/o am and couldnt figure it out)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
how do you upload new sprites onto the emerald rom?

well i know how to upload em... but i mean how do you fill in all the ? spaces? (25 of them)

i can only find one with UNLZ- GBA not all 25... how do i find all 25 so i can upload my pokemon pictures

Dshayabusa answered this in the other topic you posted this question in

I've just got the new version of advance map and got a text editor (XSE) to try and change up some of the events and such but whenever I change them and asks if I want to save it saves to something else and doesnt edit it in the game. How can I get it to save in the game? (plus tried to use it w/o am and couldnt figure it out)

you have to hit compile(the gears) and saving it only keeps a record of the script as an .rbc file so you can view it later. And XSE is a script editor not a text editor

Does anyone know the unLZ.gba number (FireRed) to the Kanto mainland map. I have the tiles, I just need the tilemap, can anyone help?

Check the oodles and oodles of Fire Red worldmap tuts in the Docs and Tuts section, there are like 3-4 and one of them should have the numbers

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Check the oodles and oodles of Fire Red worldmap tuts in the Docs and Tuts section, there are like 3-4 and one of them should have the numbers

Hmm, I looked, and I saw a few, but they were either for Ruby version, or it was something you do in MS Paint, and it had no ROM hacking value at all. What I read in there was that it couldn't be done, and I don't believe outdated TUTS, if you could link me to a TUT with the unLZ.gba number for the Kanto mainland map tilemap, that would be great. Or if you could just tell me it, that would work too. All help is apreciated, thank you. (

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
For two, you'd need to repoint all of the attack information. Then just append a new attack onto the end of the current data.

It's a pain in the ass to repoint though; so many pointers... I tried, but it screwed everything up. You should just replace all the awful moves, like I did (y'know, stuff like Wrap, Bubble, Mega Kick, Sky Attack... there's loads of horrible moves).

I've asked before, but how do create new item/ability/attack effects (mostly want to know about items). I know berries in particular have two bytes in their item data (byte 18 and 19) that tell them what effect they have.
I'm pretty sure that if you use Item Editor, there's quite a lot of free spaces for new items, but creating new effects entirely, I don't know.
I'd also like to know how you add new abilities/attacks/types, as well as effects, without overriding old ones.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
Just a problem wioth pokescript,

I've followed the tutorial to the letter
But when i click on the new person i have made the script for, he doesnt talk instead the screen just goes bright red and doesnt change back, it just freezes on a red screen

Yeah, well thats the probalem help would be appreciated

(also, does anyone know how i can insert my own pokemon or D/P pokemon into the ruby rom) ive got a program which allows u to add them, but it dont let you add an image)
thanks,

oh yeah, and is there any way of expanding the map, to make new cities and stuff. ive got advanced map

Last edited:

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Just a problem wioth pokescript,

I've followed the tutorial to the letter
But when i click on the new person i have made the script for, he doesnt talk instead the screen just goes bright red and doesnt change back, it just freezes on a red screen

Yeah, well thats the probalem help would be appreciated

Post your script in the script help thread in the Scrapbox and see who can help you there

(also, does anyone know how i can insert my own pokemon or D/P pokemon into the ruby rom) ive got a program which allows u to add them, but it dont let you add an image)
thanks,

There are plenty of tuts on this in the Docs and Tuts section

oh yeah, and is there any way of expanding the map, to make new cities and stuff. ive got advanced map

Go to the header tab and at the bottom there should be two boxes that say height and width. Increase or Decrease the numbers to your liking.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
does anyone know the offset for the picture behind the pokemon sprite on the title screen. If FR its fire...

Years
- Using Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition -

Whenever I try to import a bitmap OW that hasn't been ripped from the firered rom, it gives the error: Runtime Error 6 overflow.

The Sprite I'm replacing is 16x32.
The Sprite I'm importing is 16x32.

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
I'v read through the entire DP hacking thread (I'm not sure wether to be proud or angry about that) but there was one thing not quite clear to me. Is it possible to import sprites into DP roms? As in make your own and replace a regular pokemon sprite with it? I know PokeTEX could edit trainer sprites, but actual pokemon sprites were never mentioned.

This second part is more a request than a question, but it didn't really warrant its own thread. LoadingNOW/pika lost his site in a server crash (or something) and hasn't bothered uploading his tools PokeDSPic and PokeText back onto it yet. I'd like them but google failed to find any usefully mirrors. Can anyone here upload the latest versions onto rapidshare or something? I'd really appreciate it.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
HEY SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED ALREADY BUT THERE ARE 200 PAGES
um i know in pokemon GBA hacks ive seen DP pokemon how do u insert dp pokes into a fire red ROM???

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
um i know in pokemon GBA hacks ive seen DP pokemon how do u insert dp pokes into a fire red ROM???

Well it can be a sorta complicated process but here goes, first you must obtain the D/P/P sprite you want to insert. Then you must resize to the allowed size for GBA pokes(i think its 64x64 but i am not entirly sure), then you must index the sprite in 16 colors, then open UNLZ.gba and locate the 25 empty slots, do the importing and exporting procedure, open the rom to check to see if the sprite are done well. That is basicly the concept in a nutshell go to the Tuts section for more info as there are one or two on sprite inserting.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

There's a thing that says "Search this Thread" near the top. Use that to search.

Also, use the search forum tool and search for "Insert D/P Pokemon Tutorial" and there should be a few.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
elow pipz. I got a question. :\
looking the ROM through a hex editor, we can see the offsets we have in there, right?
if I burned a script onto the ROM, but the script had an error, and I forgot to save some back-up, is it possible to erase the offsets the script used through a hex editor? :\

thankies~

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
what I mean was this... :\
Spoiler:

I was wondering if I can erase those so I can use those offsets once again. :\
thanks~

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
Hey, got another question, this time regarding overworld editor RE and inserting sprites over a deoxys sprite in FR. Basically, I get a darkrai OW sprite, index it, and scale it down to size, then insert it over the deoxys form i don't want to use, problem is that when i do that the palette goes all weird, so I inserted the palette of darkrai along with the sprite, now every single other OW sprite that uses that specific palette goes messed up, including the other forms of deoxys, and the hero. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back