• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Moonshine

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok, guys! I'm gonna start recruiting beta testers soon!
I already have two...but I'll probably need a few more.
Oh, and the beta testers will be changing each time (unless you always answer the questions I give)

The beta tester system will be like this:
For the Alpha, whoever applies first gets the job.
After they've tested it, I'll add something to the beta which you must find (I'll give a question). It'll take ages to get it so you need patience, which beta testers need. Good plan?

Anyway, I've basically finished mapping the Alpha (it's two gyms long).
Just got to map Viridian Forest and I'm on to scripting. Well, about 1/10 of the scripts are already done cos I wanted to. Anyway, beta will hopefully be out by the end of August (or maybe the Olympics will be too good to resist...)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Heh, great that you guys seem to like the idea...

@Prince112
I'll try to get a spriter or get someone to help with sprites, but I like my palletes!

@geohoundz55
Originality is very important to me as both a hacker and a fanfiction writer. So I try pretty hard.

Random Fact!
I consider the storyline of this hack as a fanfiction. Heh, that's why there's explaining of stuff about things. Thanks to Thesis for his OT cliche guide.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok! You're in the first group of Beta Testers.
So far I have myself, Darth Waffles (permanent), DemiKid and you.
I probably need one or two more.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Haven't been here for a while. Looks like things are shaping up nicely. I can't wait for the alpha. I'm really excited about seeing your scripts in action.

Not sure if you've fixed that bug in the list but putting #raw 68 at the end of the script (before the actual end command obviously) should fix it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Heh...I decided to extend it and it now goes up to the third gym.
Oh, the bug? It was in the ROM that crashed. So...yeah.

Beta 1 will go up to the 5th gym (you can go to that special place and I'll try to let you be able to get into the Pogeymans world!

Beta 2 will be gym 7 or 8.

Beta 3...I dunno.

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
Years
HAI GUSY, THIS HAX'S POWAH IS OVA 9000!!!!

Wonderful, can't wait for the Alpha. Keep up the good work Lakitu.

~Good Luck =).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Really? But who won't? -.- ... ... xDDDD

Oh, hi dratii!
You can be a beta tester...sure...

Ok, that's it for beta testers! You guys...may have to wait a little before getting started. I'll give you a portion to work with then give the full alpha...

Anyway, I've finished mapping Mt. Hywell. *Name Subject to Change* Now, I just have to...Map the final town, script the second town, script the third, fourth, last, and map the forest.

xDDD

Oh, and I think this thread is ready for the Hacks Showcase. Or should I wait till I have a beta?

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Thanks. I agree with prince112 you should move it to the hacks showcase, there is plenty of hacks there with out a beta.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Move this to Hacks Showcase!! I would love you to do this!!

I'm not asking you to change tiles,

but make it like Christos's Liquid Ocean which

has brighter palettes?
It does? Hmm...maybe I should make it a little brighter...dunno...

Thanks. I agree with prince112 you should move it to the hacks showcase, there is plenty of hacks there with out a beta.

Heh, sure! I'm gonna get a mod to move it...let me just check if it's able. If not, I'll just add some more stuff!

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I think the brightness is fine, but it may make it look more different to fire red if you do brighten it.

Back