OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
Posted October 15th, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
(Working title)

My cousin and I have recently become interested in playing hacked Pokémon games on our computers, and we have decided to make our own, we have big plans for this Hack, and we hope you will enjoy it.

Hack of FireRed

Story:
You are the Son of Ash and Misty Ketchum Pokémon Master and Former Cerulean Gym Leader, Respectively. On your tenth birthday, your dad gives you a pikachu. it is the offspring of the pikachu that your dad received when he was ten from the late Professor Oak. you set out from pallet town onto route 1 and meet your rival...

Features:

Redone Maps
Start with Pikachu
Catch all Legendaries up to the Hoenn Dex (not in cheap ways though, they will all be pretty well hidden)
Ginormous New storyline
New Gym leaders
Hidden Area(s), where secret Battle(s) takes place... hmm
New Charactera
New Elite Four
New Hall of Fame building in Pallet Town Pewter City
Pokémon Breeder in Pallet Town
More People who want to trade in-game

Pictures:
Characters:

Male Hero:

made by EvanMiesterX, edited by Ganrither

Female Hero:

Made By Lornami
Male Rival:

Made By Lornami

Female Rival:

Made by me, overhauled by Ganrither

Other Characters:
Cerulean Gym Leaders (your twin cousins):

Made by me, slightly changed by Ganrither

"Old" Giovanni:

made by my cousin and i

Trainers:
you may recognize this one if you play a certain video game:

Guitar hero:

Made by me

Pokemon:
Light ho-oh:

Made by me

Dark Lugia:

better sprite soon to come from Blaster911

Mapshots:
Spoiler:
Pallet Town:

Route 1:

Pewter City:

Team Members:
Chris (Nerdyman2) and Matt(MattMed23809) - Founders, mappers, and scripters
Lornami - Head Spriter
EvanMiesterX - Spriting
(Help Wanted)- Overworld Spriter

hackritus

Challenger

Age 25
Male
In your backyard.
Seen June 12th, 2011
Posted August 12th, 2010
26 posts
11.2 Years
(Still a working title...any ideas?)

The Intro:

There isn't a chessier game than one where you play as Ash's son, but no matter how lame it might seem, my cousin and I are going to use our time and our best talants to make it as anti-lame, boring, stupid,etc.,etc. as possible.

My cousin(Nerdyman2) and I have come to the conclution that there was no better match for Ash other than Misty. Even though they fought a lot and even "hated" each other, Ash and Misty get maried and have a son(real name still in question).
After ten, whole years of excitement and anticipation at your father's brilliant stories, your father and a man you know as your dad's close friend, Brock, come home with a suprise to change your life forever...a Pikachu?...wait...that means... Ash's Pikachu had to...UUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Without wait, your father jumps into a story that you had already heard many times: Prof. Oak wasn't a very bad trainer, himself, but when he fell short of his dream to collect every Pokemon in Kanto and record them in a digital encyclpedia, he called on your dad and another trainer named Gary to fulfill his dream for him. But having failed epically, with only 48 out of 493 Pokemon(not including Ash's rediculous amount of Tauros), Ash also failed to keep the honor of his last name. Therefore, to regain that honor your dad is sending you out on the same old quest...wait...who's Gary...Your dad never said anything about him...

New Features:

-New Remade Maps
-New Elite Four and Gym leaders
-New sprites (HELP!!! Please...)
-Awesome New and Improved Storyline
-Catch every legendary (not including Diamond and Pearl's)
-Tough new secret(s) hidden all around the Kanto region

-Catch all Johto and Hoenn pokemon as well!

Screen Shots:

None yet...sorry [sob]

Wrapping It Up:

As a reference to above: We can use anyone and everyone's help! This will be our first hack and we need all the help we can get!
Things we could use help with:

1) We NEED a spriter

2) Anyone know how to edit the World Map?

3) Include all of your ideas! A little help can go a long way!

4) We could use someone to help out with the Intro/Menu and Credits

Anyone who is willing to help and has their ideas used will be put into the credits.

Thanks!

EvanMiesterX

^If that's my real name!

Age 24
Press Alt and F4 to find out.
Seen January 16th, 2009
Posted January 2nd, 2009
92 posts
12.1 Years
And I was really bored, so I made a Future Misty Sprite, too. Hope you like it! :D

FREE SHINIES HERE!

Press W while holding the Control Button to go to my thread of free shinies and events!

^^^This trainer card was made by me! PM me if you want me to make you a trainer card!^^^

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
ok then... are there like 2 games going on or what???
No, my cousin (MattMed) and I are working on one game, and I asked him to introduce himself on the thread, and add some of the features that I left out of the first post.

Ummm, I made a Future Brock Sprite you guys can use... :D
And I was really bored, so I made a Future Misty Sprite, too. Hope you like it! :D
Thanks! these look great, in fact, Brock looks exactly as I wanted him to, as he is replacing Prof. Oak

also... my cousin and I are thinking of naming the game Pokémon: Ketchum Chronicles. What do you think? do you have any other ideas?
Pearl Friend Code: CHRIS - 3781 6019 4714
SoulSilver Friend Code: Chris - 226 3230 1899

250 Pokémon caught at 2:40 pm on October 26, 2009. I'm halfway there.

hackritus

Challenger

Age 25
Male
In your backyard.
Seen June 12th, 2011
Posted August 12th, 2010
26 posts
11.2 Years
Thank you, guys. I appreciate your work!

I have another noobish question though...Whenever my cousin and I try to edit battle sprites and so on, once we save it, the bottom of the picture gets all glitchy...does anyone know why and how we can fix it? Because, from seeing those awesome sprites you've already made, I'm sure you know how...

EvanMiesterX

^If that's my real name!

Age 24
Seen January 16th, 2009
Posted January 2nd, 2009
92 posts
12.1 Years
Well, if you send me your game's IPS patch, I could probably fix it. I made Brock's hair black, since he's older, and his hair is darkened, just so you know :D

FREE SHINIES HERE!

Press W while holding the Control Button to go to my thread of free shinies and events!

^^^This trainer card was made by me! PM me if you want me to make you a trainer card!^^^

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
erm.... ips.... i didn't make an ips file, i was saving my changes straight to the ROM. so would the ROM be alright?
Pearl Friend Code: CHRIS - 3781 6019 4714
SoulSilver Friend Code: Chris - 226 3230 1899

250 Pokémon caught at 2:40 pm on October 26, 2009. I'm halfway there.

EvanMiesterX

^If that's my real name!

Age 24
Seen January 16th, 2009
Posted January 2nd, 2009
92 posts
12.1 Years
You could make an IPS patch after downloading IPS XP... do you have an AIM? Cuz that's much easier to talk on.

FREE SHINIES HERE!

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Here goes....

I've never worked on a Hack. But you've got to start some where right? Heh?

-From the looks of it, you don't need a mapper do you? If you did, I could try my best to help with that.
-I have millions of little ideas about everything, and can poke and comment on any other existing ideas. Basically I'm a good creative buffer to talk to.
-I can tinker and figure out the World Map. Maybe. Hah... There is a tutorial on adding new places, but not the actually image. (Add: I can only mess with a little in AdvanceMap. So uh this maybe a no.)
-Last, I can tinker in spriting. It depends on what you want.

So...I've got a little of everything ('cept scripting and experience) but not alot of one thing...

ADD: Uhm outta my field...But here's a World Map Tutorial.

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Lornami, don't worry. We're(my cousin and I) not that much better than you are with the whole hacking thing...I just wish there was an easier way to script and edit the World Map...
we've got the maps pretty much covered. sorry, Iriley. can you sprite though?
Hah~ ;_; Everyone knows how to map and thats the only one I think I can do really well. From what I've learned in Java class is that scripting and programing is time consuming and not easy. Java throws up the whole program if you forget a ;.

So what about the other things I brought up? Is there any need for those? Like I said; I'm not particularly good at anything. Save being a creative buffer as I will now officially call it.

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Hm, did you mean scripting the World Map or making a new picture for it? ;P And do you just wanna talk here or do a messenger talk?

So~ Are you making a new thread soon or keeping this one till you have the title you want?

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Well I know how to edit its picture, you just edit it like sprite. But putting it into the game is a different story.

Seeing as it is Kanto you'll probably dont' need to change anything, unless your adding some things too.

Yay, creative buffer time!
Here's how my creative buffer works. Ima ask alot of questions. I've already got ideas that go to each of these questions, but I need to know the right info first. Plus it'll get your brain rolling.

20 years in the future I see...
So what is the status of each town?
Did they all get bigger? Did some fail to thrive?
Anything special happen in those 20 years? New technology?

So, do is there going to be a rival, and if so who is it?
Is this based from the Anime? As in Misty has sisters, and is she still the Cerulean Gym Leader?
Any specific changes in Leaders and the Elite 4?

(And if you don't want to spoil something you have an idea for thats fine.)

hackritus

Challenger

Age 25
Male
In your backyard.
Seen June 12th, 2011
Posted August 12th, 2010
26 posts
11.2 Years
So far,(we haven't thought it all through yet) all of the cities we've made are bigger and better than ever. And we did add a couple of things: new routes for example(don't want to give away too much.)

The new rival is either person you don't choose to be in the beginning(boy or girl) names still in decision. But we've kinda decided that the girl's name would be Maddie for no real particular reason.

Misty'll be @ home like all of the other mom's in the game so far as we know(But good idea. It would be interesting to have your mom as a gym leader instead of your dad[reference to third generation games.])

Most likely we will have new gym leaders(no one lives forever, right?)

If you need more info on the games, just look at the first two posts.

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Oh I've got lot more questions that arn't in the first two posts.

Hmm, so you know how to rewrite the code like Ruby and Sapphire to change rivals depending on gender?

Actually I was asking about Misty because I didn't think that she would be a gym leader. If she's the anime one she has sisters. They would be too old, but they would have children! Look, you have cousins! Haha, just a little idea for that.

I do find it strange that a Hero would be Ash and Misty's child, but the unchosen one would be someone else's. I mean you are editing the trainer's looks right? Wouldn't they both have character traits of their parents? Unless they were like twins or something.

So your Pikachu is bred from Ash's. If it's bred I would think it be a Pichu...

Advertiser Content