• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The one where you play as Ash Ketchum's Son/Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
Pokémon: The Ketchum Chronicles

(Working title)

My cousin and I have recently become interested in playing hacked Pokémon games on our computers, and we have decided to make our own, we have big plans for this Hack, and we hope you will enjoy it.

Hack of FireRed

Story:
You are the Son of Ash and Misty Ketchum Pokémon Master and Former Cerulean Gym Leader, Respectively. On your tenth birthday, your dad gives you a pikachu. it is the offspring of the pikachu that your dad received when he was ten from the late Professor Oak. you set out from pallet town onto route 1 and meet your rival...

Features:

Redone Maps
Start with Pikachu
Catch all Legendaries up to the Hoenn Dex (not in cheap ways though, they will all be pretty well hidden)
Ginormous New storyline
New Gym leaders
Hidden Area(s), where secret Battle(s) takes place... hmm
New Charactera
New Elite Four
New Hall of Fame building in Pallet Town Pewter City
Pokémon Breeder in Pallet Town
More People who want to trade in-game

Pictures:
Characters:

Male Hero:
Boy.png

made by EvanMiesterX, edited by Ganrither

Female Hero:
Girl.png

Made By Lornami
Male Rival:
rivalm.png

Made By Lornami

Female Rival:
maddie2.png

Made by me, overhauled by Ganrither

Other Characters:
Cerulean Gym Leaders (your twin cousins):
gym2-1.png

Made by me, slightly changed by Ganrither

"Old" Giovanni:
1605giovanni.png

made by my cousin and i

Trainers:
you may recognize this one if you play a certain video game:

Guitar hero:
guitar.png

Made by me

Pokemon:
Light ho-oh:
hooh1156.png

Made by me

Dark Lugia:
lugia1163.png

better sprite soon to come from Blaster911

Mapshots:
Spoiler:

Team Members:
Chris (Nerdyman2) and Matt(MattMed23809) - Founders, mappers, and scripters
Lornami - Head Spriter
EvanMiesterX - Spriting
(Help Wanted)- Overworld Spriter

Last edited:

hackritus

Challenger
Years
Pokemon - FireRed: The Game Where You Play as Ash's Son...(working title)

(Still a working title...any ideas?)

The Intro:

There isn't a chessier game than one where you play as Ash's son, but no matter how lame it might seem, my cousin and I are going to use our time and our best talants to make it as anti-lame, boring, stupid,etc.,etc. as possible.

My cousin(Nerdyman2) and I have come to the conclution that there was no better match for Ash other than Misty. Even though they fought a lot and even "hated" each other, Ash and Misty get maried and have a son(real name still in question).
After ten, whole years of excitement and anticipation at your father's brilliant stories, your father and a man you know as your dad's close friend, Brock, come home with a suprise to change your life forever...a Pikachu?...wait...that means... Ash's Pikachu had to...UUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Without wait, your father jumps into a story that you had already heard many times: Prof. Oak wasn't a very bad trainer, himself, but when he fell short of his dream to collect every Pokemon in Kanto and record them in a digital encyclpedia, he called on your dad and another trainer named Gary to fulfill his dream for him. But having failed epically, with only 48 out of 493 Pokemon(not including Ash's rediculous amount of Tauros), Ash also failed to keep the honor of his last name. Therefore, to regain that honor your dad is sending you out on the same old quest...wait...who's Gary...Your dad never said anything about him...

New Features:

-New Remade Maps
-New Elite Four and Gym leaders
-New sprites (HELP!!! Please...)
-Awesome New and Improved Storyline
-Catch every legendary (not including Diamond and Pearl's)
-Tough new secret(s) hidden all around the Kanto region

-Catch all Johto and Hoenn pokemon as well!

Screen Shots:

None yet...sorry [sob]

Wrapping It Up:

As a reference to above: We can use anyone and everyone's help! This will be our first hack and we need all the help we can get!
Things we could use help with:

1) We NEED a spriter

2) Anyone know how to edit the World Map?

3) Include all of your ideas! A little help can go a long way!

4) We could use someone to help out with the Intro/Menu and Credits

Anyone who is willing to help and has their ideas used will be put into the credits.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
ok then... are there like 2 games going on or what???

No, my cousin (MattMed) and I are working on one game, and I asked him to introduce himself on the thread, and add some of the features that I left out of the first post.

Ummm, I made a Future Brock Sprite you guys can use... :D

And I was really bored, so I made a Future Misty Sprite, too. Hope you like it! :D

Thanks! these look great, in fact, Brock looks exactly as I wanted him to, as he is replacing Prof. Oak

also... my cousin and I are thinking of naming the game Pokémon: Ketchum Chronicles. What do you think? do you have any other ideas?

hackritus

Challenger
Years
Thank you, guys. I appreciate your work!

I have another noobish question though...Whenever my cousin and I try to edit battle sprites and so on, once we save it, the bottom of the picture gets all glitchy...does anyone know why and how we can fix it? Because, from seeing those awesome sprites you've already made, I'm sure you know how...

Years
Here goes....

I've never worked on a Hack. But you've got to start some where right? Heh?

-From the looks of it, you don't need a mapper do you? If you did, I could try my best to help with that.
-I have millions of little ideas about everything, and can poke and comment on any other existing ideas. Basically I'm a good creative buffer to talk to.
-I can tinker and figure out the World Map. Maybe. Hah... There is a tutorial on adding new places, but not the actually image. (Add: I can only mess with a little in AdvanceMap. So uh this maybe a no.)
-Last, I can tinker in spriting. It depends on what you want.

So...I've got a little of everything ('cept scripting and experience) but not alot of one thing...

ADD: Uhm outta my field...But here's a World Map Tutorial.

hackritus

Challenger
Years
No Worries

Lornami, don't worry. We're(my cousin and I) not that much better than you are with the whole hacking thing...I just wish there was an easier way to script and edit the World Map...

On another topic, Tell me how to make a trainer card Chris!

Years
Lornami, don't worry. We're(my cousin and I) not that much better than you are with the whole hacking thing...I just wish there was an easier way to script and edit the World Map...
we've got the maps pretty much covered. sorry, Iriley. can you sprite though?

Hah~ ;_; Everyone knows how to map and thats the only one I think I can do really well. From what I've learned in Java class is that scripting and programing is time consuming and not easy. Java throws up the whole program if you forget a ;.

So what about the other things I brought up? Is there any need for those? Like I said; I'm not particularly good at anything. Save being a creative buffer as I will now officially call it.

hackritus

Challenger
Years
Throw everything you've got at us, Lornami. And you could do the World Map if you want. But most things won't be changed since our game is still based off of Kanto. It's twenty years in the future though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back