• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
I think the problem with the dialouge with every person uses the same formula, the rival talks trash about you and challenges you to a battle and then says that he/she'll beat you next time. If you look at every rival in the game exceptfro Amelia, they are lik that.

Years
I wonder what kind of things are wrong about the dialogues? If it's about spelling or grammar errors, it'd be understandable, since I'm not english. But I stay a while thinking on the content of the dialogues so they do not end up too "uninteresting" (though some of the trainers are not too interesting to begin with ¬_¬)

I'm the one doing the LP thread over on GameSpite, so I thought I might as well address this issue directly. I've greatly enjoyed the hack so far and its interesting to see your new take on the old game. My issue with the dialog (the main reason why I've dreaded fighting CARLOS, ARD, etc) is that it just feels, I don't know, unnatural. The use of light swear words ("crap") and copious ellipses ("...") just doesn't fit with the style of writing in the rest of the game. My suggestion would be to possibly have a native speaker of English proofread and edit your additions before the final release of your hack.

Anyways, I wish you continued success in your efforts! This has by far been the highest quality Pokemon hack I've played through, even in this beta state.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Well, it's just stuff that happens on areas that I havent implemented on that Beta, so I cant worry about that (in fact, they are probably all fixed as I reached those areas), dont send bugs of areas I obviously havent worked on.
I wasn't reporting bugs, even I am not that stupid, it was just to show ppl the fun thigs that happen, like that guy who loaded a shinygold save onto a plain firered on youtube. It's just... the Old Man Deoxys was just too funny to escape :D

But as it was seen, the (former)Veridian Forest / Route 2 is, i think, COMPLETE, except for having a Full Restore stuck in a tree. It even has the Bug Catchers with L.70 Beedrils (again, lol, owned by lv. 45 Dragonair)! I think you could have included it on Beta 5 and put roadblocks in the entraces to Veridian and Pewter, instead of direcly ahead of the Diglett Tunnel.

The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.

Finallly, Hoenn... Crap.
It's crap because... it's Hoenn.
What I mean is: If i was making a hack wich takes place outside of Johto, i would probably include Goldenrod or Blackthorn as bonus, with an extra event, as they're landmarks. It would be a good idea to do it with Hoenn, but Hoenn DOES NOT have any landmark city. Sootopolis doesn't even close to the likes Saffron / Goldenrod / Jubilife...

Ningamer

Mine is mine, yours is too!
Years
how can i play the pokemon shiny gold?
i can`t play this with VBA

1. You need a ROM of Fire Red
2. You need the latest beta release
3. you need Lunar IPS
4. Open LIPS and click apply patch
5. Double click the beta file
6. Double click the FR ROM
7. Play it on your VBA, but be sure to go to Options->Emulator->Save type and click Flash 128K before you play

Or, read the first post to get all the same info!

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
@TheSL: Thanks for coming here and clearing stuff up. I'm quite enjoying the LP, too. It's been a good time.

I just used 'Walk Through Walls' code and found an island somewhere with a cave which has Articuno inside.

And zel, Cleanse Tag doesn't work.

It's Seafoam Islands from FR. If Zel follows the GSC path, it'll be empty, save for Blaine. If he decides to go a new route, like the Safari Zone (thank you, Zel), it will probably house something in the future, which may or may not be Articuno.
Just tested the Cleanse Tag, and yeah, it seems it doesn't work. Tried on sea and grass, high and low level Pokes, and nothing. That's strange, 'cause it should be in FR/LG's coding already. Or mabye it was useless in the first place. I wouldn't know, since I've always preferred running into pokes for exp. :P

The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.

The Generation II TMs are there, excepting Rock Smash, which is now an HM in accordance with Generation III.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Zel! It's bee ages. This hack is the only reason I still linger on these boards. If this were elsewhere, I would be long gone. I forgot to post after you re-opened the topic, but meh. I've seen the new Mini-game. It's good...now to think of a question for you.
...no good I can't think of much. Except the new region. That's mostly secret right? I was wondering how you get there, the SS Anne, the Bulletrain (I can imagine it going over the sea). Otherwise, meh, keep going, remake Gold, Nintendo haven't done anything and their sitting on a Goldmine, keep on going.
Yeah...

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
Zel

how long til Beta 6 is done
i found a bule key in ice path wat is it for
do u know where i can start hacking and where did u start

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
No asking for betas. Anyway, if you want to start hacking, look at tutorials and find some tools.

nitercap

Intense Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2010
hey Zel
Will beta 6 be the final beta?
I hope not
this game is the best its better than regular gold version
well GL on beta 6

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2008
its good but it cant be save at start its saids (save error please exchange the back up memory)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Read what people have been saying! Under Options go to Emulator then Save type,then click 128k. Then delete its .sav file. Then reload it and it should work

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
This is a Great hack I'm up to ceruleon city but cant find misty and a few poor things with the tiles such as ice path just out side of it and what are those strange rocks I see all the time?

To save change save type to 128k and tick real time clock and delete sav file.
Please don't cheat it kills the game.
Please don't ask for betas of the hack it's against the rules.
Anyways this is a great hack Zel and I hope it gets finished soon bye for now!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The rocks block off where Zel is putting in beta 6. As for Misty, you must first fix the Magnet Train. Look aound for that part and how to do it in the help thread or ask there..

Super.Goomba

Manga=√ Anime=X
Years
Could someone PLEASE answer my question? And could people also please refrain from mentioning new things that were not in GS unless it is either hidden, or has a spoiler warning?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Beta 6 isn't released yet, and if you want to know when it will be, you can't as no release dates can be given or asked for.

Back