• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokescript Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Uh... Yeah, I'm new to this whole quoting thing, But I would like to place a complaint about the vanishing sprites thing by IrishWitch. Every Time I would make an item, It works out fine until I actually receive the item. The Sprite is supposed to disappear when you get the item. But mine won't disappear until I "refresh" the map. I also need the command that makes the person talking say the player's name. All replies will be extremely helpful. Other than that the rest of the tutorial was great!

Can someone make a simpler tutorial of Chapter 4 of Irish Witch's tutorial that's easier to understand? I would appreciate it. Irish Witch's tutorial is a little hard to understand...for a thirteen-year-old.
Why don't you go look more often?

thethethethe's Pokescript tutorial

Seriously, this tutorial shouldn't be revived...She's not coming back, at least for a while I think...Just use the other existing tutorials.

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
WoW!

this is a lot of information on th pokescript!

all i need is some program that can translate all that stuff to XSE. I WANT to use POKESCRIPT, but i heard it does not work for EMERALD VERSION. If it does then i will use it... if it does not then i would like to get a program or just some way to translat POKESCRIPT to XSE.

Thanks in Advance!

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Great tutorial, and I'm pretty sure I get how to script basic things now... But once I save something as a .rbc I can't compile it. It doesn't show up when I right-click. Anyone know what's wrong?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
This is a very good tut. pretty complicated for now also. I've got alot of learning to do!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Damn.
When i go test my work.
Words goes stupid!
Help me.
BTW With stupid i mean
Not normal words.

The Assassin

Beginner scripter
Years
Ok this is messed up...Once i burned the script the first offset says: $showtext to 80045E, so the the bit i type into the offset section in advance map is $80045E...so i put that in and advance map says: No script editer defined....help please?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Damn.
When i go test my work.
Words goes stupid!
Help me.
BTW With stupid i mean
Not normal words.
Dumb**** #1

Ok this is messed up...Once i burned the script the first offset says: $showtext to 80045E, so the the bit i type into the offset section in advance map is $80045E...so i put that in and advance map says: No script editer defined....help please?
Dumb**** #2

Simple as that...

The Assassin

Beginner scripter
Years
Dude stfu....I am new to all this so i need all the help i can get..and it doesnt help when people like you take the piss...

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

You don't need need to open the script. You just have to put the offset their. And if you want to open the script. Goto settings>Choose script editor. Simple as that.

The Assassin

Beginner scripter
Years
Ok i tried that and now my rom wont load up :s im not sure if i put the right offset in is it the one at the top once burned?

EDIT: The bunch of numbers next to $showtext?

EDIT2: And when i added the offset (the $showtext) it doesnt work because i added a talking script and they dont talk...

Last edited:

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
Years
Me again. I just have one quick question. If I were to make a script that made a trainer dissappear after the battle, what would I do? I tried the "fadescreen 0" command, but my script didn't even get that far. Instead of the trainer being the one I created, it turned out to be a Team Aqua Grunt. I'm using the PET program from Helmetedrodent, or whatever it is, but i'm trying to get around that. Is there a way I can do this by using the PET program, or do I have to use the one provided by IrishWitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back