• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

25 empty spaces.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Simple poll really. When you are making/playing a 3rd gen hack, what do you do with the extra 25 Pokemon spaces? Do you like to see a few DP pokemon? Or do you like fakemon? Or nothing?

Discuss.

Years
I've got a similiar opinion to Blazichu. It's almost become more original to not use DP Pokemon, than to have them. But, I don't think this is similiar to the Kyledove tile trend. As much as I don't really like it, I think taking advantage of the empty spaces with DP Pokemon is more of a convention now, than a trend.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Actually, I wouldn't use the 25 empty spaces for the extra Pokémon unless the Pokémon Cry Editor gets better then it was before.
So I wouldn't add any new Pokémon in those free spaces.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I didn't put a poll, should have, but then again that limits your answers.

I personally prefer leaving them empty, or filling a few with some 4th gen pokes that we knew of in the 3rd gen. (like Munchlax, Bonsly, etc.)

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
I choose to use them, and I replace some of the useless pokemon.. but, I'll make sure my dex has a diversity..

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
they are used usually for d/p pokemon or fake pokemon, but d/p pokemon in games are getting really cliche now.
I would rather see completely new pokemon(only if they look good) only because it shows originality.There isn't anything impressive about seeing d/p pokemon that we have probably seen 20 times already.
but be careful, i heard the pokemon are put there to prevent some glitches in the game.
if you are going to insert d/p pokemon, take them out for the useless pokemon that no one will ever notice(bellsprout)will be gone.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I don't even actually bother with those spaces to be honest. Maybe some D/P pokemon. But I'm not a big fan of D/P pokemon in hacks.

Ebony

once upon a time.
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
I don't even like to touch those things. Question marks scare me. =P

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
they are used usually for d/p pokemon or fake pokemon, but d/p pokemon in games are getting really cliche now.
I would rather see completely new pokemon(only if they look good) only because it shows originality.There isn't anything impressive about seeing d/p pokemon that we have probably seen 20 times already.
I completely agree. I think fakemon are much more fun.

if you are going to insert d/p pokemon, take them out for the useless pokemon that no one will ever notice(bellsprout)will be gone.
I hate it when people do that. It makes me sad:(
Never once would I just freely kill real pokemon..... Mean....
Sorry but I'm going to have to take away my rambo smiley...

Last edited:

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
I've been thinking of putting pictures of Pokemon in different moods over the top of those 25 and then having a Pokemon with mood swings, like the Pikachu in Yellow.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
It depends. If it's using the 386 in their unaltered state, leave 'em be. If you're making a complete fakemon hack, go right ahead (although I don't think anyone's crazy enough to make 411 fakemon...x_x, would be quite the awesome project though, eh?).

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
D/P Pokemon are cool in the 3rd gens.. Maybe a few legendaries, but meh.

I think it'd be cool to have different poses of the top voted pokemonzzs (barring legendaries) and making different poses rare or something like that.. Possibly poses from the older games but revamped, or from D/P but devamped.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I like to see... Well, anything in the 25 spaces. I only use them as practice for inserting pokemon to make sure the sprites I downloaded work.

el_shanana

Astray in Astray
Years
i suggest making brand new, good looking, evolutions of current pokemon

then you can be like, WHAT THE FLIP? MY CHARIZARD EVOLVED INTO A GONNAEATYOUHEADOFFZARD?!?!?!?!

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
I've never really touch the Pokémon sprites, or any sprites for that matter. But I normally use the 25 empty spaces for a couple of D/P/P Pokémon, and in some cases, brand-new Pokémon sprites (hardly).

This is an interesting discussion.

Back