• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indexing and Inserting Sprites

brokencandle

Expert Hacker
Years
What do you mean by the transparent colour, how do I put it all green. because I tried in paint and it only did parts of it :s

Edit: It keeps saying my image is too big, when it is 64x64. Even when i try and insert the original copy !

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What do you mean by the transparent colour, how do I put it all green. because I tried in paint and it only did parts of it :s

Edit: It keeps saying my image is too big, when it is 64x64. Even when i try and insert the original copy !

is it saved in PNG?
also, is it using only 16 colors?

I tried editing Giratina over armaldo in Emerald I think it almost worked except all I get is a silhoute of armaldo moving is there a way to do this in emerald with all the animations and all?

I don't know about Emerald. :\
never touched that ROM before.

timson733333

Woah.
Years
WILL SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been over 2 months now and nobody answered my question. I think I should give up hacking.

When I try to insert it into the ROM, it has one of the following problems:

1. It says "Ptr found at [insert hex number here]. Changed." And when I flip back to the sprite, it is inverted (sorta) with a pitch-black background!
2. The sides are cut off.
3. There is a sharing violence.
4. The sprite messes up and there is a background around it when I play the ROM.

If this question is not answered by the next time I get here, I'm cancelling Dark Red and all of my other projects.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
WILL SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been over 2 months now and nobody answered my question. I think I should give up hacking.

When I try to insert it into the ROM, it has one of the following problems:

1. It says "Ptr found at [insert hex number here]. Changed." And when I flip back to the sprite, it is inverted (sorta) with a pitch-black background!
2. The sides are cut off.
3. There is a sharing violence.
4. The sprite messes up and there is a background around it when I play the ROM.

If this question is not answered by the next time I get here, I'm cancelling Dark Red and all of my other projects.

I really would care less about you cancelling your hack.

However, have you chacked if it's in 64x64 in size?
also, it is supposed to look like the old sprite with an inverted pallete if you insert a new sprite.

check the other pages and i have demonstarted how it looks in game around here in this thread.

edit:
okay... they work pretty fine and perfect in my case. :\
Spoiler:

I really do not know why it doesn't work in your case. however, I am also sure this works in FireRed as well.
I got no time though, busy in real life. :\
but if you wish, I can post some proof that this method does work in FireRed as well. But maybe later. :\

Maybe you have overwritten an offset which was already have been used. :\

EDIT

here's proof that it also works with FireRed. :\
Spoiler:

Kaizer-X

RoM HaCkeR
Years
hey time, i tried inserting some d/p sprites using ur tutorial but in the end i got only the same pokemon with different pallets. is that suppose to happen?
and when i tried playing the game the sprites are okay but instead it is in the backsprite postion of the sprite

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hey time, i tried inserting some d/p sprites using ur tutorial but in the end i got only the same pokemon with different pallets. is that suppose to happen?
and when i tried playing the game the sprites are okay but instead it is in the backsprite postion of the sprite

I already explained it like just a few post above yours.
They are suppose to happen.

but I don't know why the backsprites are the only ones which shows up.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
i'm trying to insert Darkrai's Platinum sprite in FireRed, but i'm stuck on the step where you have to edit the palettes and fix it. how exactly do u "fix" it? thnx to the person who answers this big problem for me.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i'm trying to insert Darkrai's Platinum sprite in FireRed, but i'm stuck on the step where you have to edit the palettes and fix it. how exactly do u "fix" it? thnx to the person who answers this big problem for me.

er, use MS Paint and fix it... :\

Perfect_Palkia_10

Ruler of Space
Years
This is a great tutorial. I have one question though. I replaced an Unown with a Chimchar and repointed it on a FireRed rom. I set it as a starter and the rom crashed on me. What happenned?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2009
Hey Jagold How come when i try adding a mewtwo from pokemon red and when am at unLZ it says compressed size is 678 which is too big aborting YYYYYY anyways nice tut. just need help o yea and how do u get the Giratina to hav a green transparent thing am new to hacking anyways cya.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
when u trye to get the new hex thing i get an error like sharing some i dont no how to fix it im using a fire red rom

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
when u trye to get the new hex thing i get an error like sharing some i dont no how to fix it im using a fire red rom

when u had unlz open u also had a hexeditor it says sharing violation so just to avoid that copy the free spce or whatever onto notpad if u cant remeber it then close the hexeditor then use it the hex numbers or whatever XD

also nice new avatar

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
i dont understand what to do there because to inser tthe sprit i need to get a free offset so ya

Back