• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best and worst K.O. animations on PBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

What is your favorite or worst K.O. animation on PBR? I really dont like Rayquazas,its too overdramatic. One I really like is bronzongs....because I hate them.....

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
Years
I think Slowbro's on PBR is hilarious. Its tail faints before it does, so it's too stupid to do things without the help of its tail, and too stupid to know it's out of HP without its tail fainting first.:laugh: I do think this happens in the older gen console games too, however. I don't know if this still happens in PBR, but I also found it amusing when Jigglypuff faints in older gen console games, because it turns flat.:laugh:

As for stupid fainting animations, I think there a lot of them, so can't think of any specific ones.:nervous:

Years
Kadabra's is the best. Throws some sort of fit before knocking itself out with its spoon.... Abra's is hilarious too.
Arceus's is kinda lame.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
Swampert's is a bit over-dramatic; much like it was in Colosseum and XD. (since the fainting animation is still the same) I think its probably the longest I've seen on PBR, at the moment.

Skarmory's is pretty interesting; staggering for a little bit, before flashing out its wings, then falling to the ground. Sort of like a Phoenix raising from the ashes.. only in reverse... heheh...

I'll agree with Shen, as well; I think its pretty funny that in at least the games from Colosseum to present, Kadabra knocking itself out with its own spoon is pretty hilarious.

Weavile looks like it wants to deal one more blow to its opponent, before it faints, then collapses in a heap. Poor thing...

Definitely Honchkrow, as well. Its pretty funny, as well, how it takes hits. XD

-------

As for ones I don't like... one of them is definitely Probopass. It has some sort of... seizure, throws its "heads" off, then just... hits the floor. I seriously rose an eyebrow at it.

Not because I dislike the animations, but I dislike any Eeveelution (including Eevee) fainting; especially when its my own. (like when it gets "stolen" in Neon Colosseum) My Poor Jolteon got nabbed, in a battle I had there, recently... ;.; Vaporeon's and Espeon's look especially painful to the poor little Eeveelutions... ;-;

Detox

I can tell you right now that rayquazas is certinly longer than swampert....

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
Years
Ah, yes, Swampert's is also funny. When he faints, he looks constipated.:knockedou That might just be my opinion though.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
Years
I think Blaziken's fainting looks cool because it get on one knee and is then sucked back.

Roserade is what I'd call a very Shakespearian, dramatic death. Raising one arm in the air like that.

Togepi is the best because it runs away.

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
Years
I love electrode's faint cuz his eyes pop out lmao!:D Pidgeot has quite a funny faint when he's trying to regain his balance hehe.
Aerodactyl's faint animation is really lame. Too over dramatic.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
Years
I love Rayquaza's KO animation! Over dramatic is what we need pokemon to be! I am sick of subtle and bland styles of the pokemon games. GameFreak should not be hindered by thoughts like these, GameFreak needs to go alot further with pokemon games, PBR was the first step in this change. Pokemon can be alot more interesting than it already is.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2009
i love marowaks it looks so cool plus i like trickroom pokes but i hate rayqauyza's it just takes to long

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
My favorites are Bidoof (because I hate the little buggers), Slowbro ("Did we faint?" Whump! "OK just checkin'." THUD!) and Xatu (Finally get to see it hit the ground!)

My least favorites are Medicham (Takes too long), Kirlia (I love Kirlia) Banette (They seem like they would die) and Magnezone (like Probopass, seems to have a seizure)

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
Even though Porygon-Z is among my favorite Pokémon, I still find it's fainting animation fitting, where it's entire body trembles as if crashing before it collapses onto the the ground.

Magnemite actually falls apart for a brief period of time after it hits the floor, but it's sent back into it's pokéball so quickly that it's never really seen.

Electrode's is just pure awsome.

Cherrim manages to keep a happy face, even after being crunched apart by the big, bad Garchomp.

As for the only one I think needs work...

Since Alakazam reuses the fainting animation from Stadium, it's actually sent back into it's Pokéball before it has a chance to fall...

Also:

Porygon used Signal Beam!
It's not very effective.
Magnezone fainted!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I love Darkrai.

Darkrai always strikes me as emo, and it does go a bit overdramatic when it dies.

I hate how everything takes an EPIC Hyper Beam or Flamethrower from Magmortar's Cannon/Arm, jumps up happy! Then dies. FAIL.,

Btw, just thought I'd point out that Magmortar, like me, is left-handed! WIN!

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
When Magmar faints he just looks plain weird.
Farfetch'd takes too long to go down.
Castform looks like it's ready to go down, or start crying.
Giratina just leans way over, comes back up, and then falls down!
But I like Jigglypuff's, because it just goes flat and then back into the pokeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back