• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I love this hack, Semele! It's my favorite one! Nice palettes, events and other stuff.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Well, i played it a few days ago, but i said to myself that i wouldn't comment until i got CUT.
but whatever.
now, i played through it and the plot was very good and solid. There was actually a point in going to cities, instead of just to fight the gym leaders. The palettes were great and fit perfectly in the game, and the emerald flowers and tiles were really nice.
your style of mapping was beautiful, i loved going through the towns, cities and routes. They had a simple feel to them. now since i skipped the text, i got lost. I didn't get much farther than the fire cave, and am stuck on the leaflets, not knowing who to give it to. The game was really nice and confusing, which made me play for hours searching on what to do. And whenever someone blocked your way, they had a better excuse than" brock is looking for strong gym leaders". the scripts were amazing and the sub quests(even though i finished NONE) were a great interruption from the main story. Your hack is almost perfect Semele, and i congratulate you for making such a wonderful hack.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
WOW! The palette and tiles look really awesome! (and will you guys be implementing a heroine? please, please?)

There will be a heroine, but for now there will only be the new hero.

i dont know why most of the hack Roms bases are FireRed.....

oh yea in alpha 1.2 . when it will end?? sometimes hack games ends even if i didnt defeat the champion.....

Most alphas and betas don't go that far, this one ends at the 3rd gym.

Hey, Christos, that's a nice-looking screenshot you have there. The palettes and tiles of the cave's interior is beautiful, yet it looks awkward, so there must be some reason for looking weird.

That square above the player looks very good. I'm curious to know what it is.
Good luck with this awesome hack, there's a large amount of progress on it, from what I can see.

Something's important in there, only that small part has those tiles, and that square has to do with the important item.

I have to admit Semele, your maps are completly amazing =] I like everything you've done. I definitly think you should keep up with the good work.

Thanks. I'm trying. :P

Well, i played it a few days ago, but i said to myself that i wouldn't comment until i got CUT.
but whatever.
now, i played through it and the plot was very good and solid. There was actually a point in going to cities, instead of just to fight the gym leaders. The palettes were great and fit perfectly in the game, and the emerald flowers and tiles were really nice.
your style of mapping was beautiful, i loved going through the towns, cities and routes. They had a simple feel to them. now since i skipped the text, i got lost. I didn't get much farther than the fire cave, and am stuck on the leaflets, not knowing who to give it to. The game was really nice and confusing, which made me play for hours searching on what to do. And whenever someone blocked your way, they had a better excuse than" brock is looking for strong gym leaders". the scripts were amazing and the sub quests(even though i finished NONE) were a great interruption from the main story. Your hack is almost perfect Semele, and i congratulate you for making such a wonderful hack.

You can't finish either of the sidequests if you don't get to Gaea town, you'll need to get Cut.

Now, I only have two screenshots of the small snowy part of the region. Those towers there aren't just for decoration.

liquid23ny1.png
liquid18302bn4.png

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
Wow! Really Nice Story!
And i love the layout.
The games has alot of potential and i think it should be great when it reaches its final release!
Awesome Work Semele. I will keep in touch with this thread since its so awesome! And your mapping skills are incredible! Nice Screenies(And the one i like the most is the one with the stars :3
Good Luck with this.

Sandro

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ooh, very nice. You edited the snow falling animation, right?

I played the new beta and it was all right, the new maps are exquisite, as always but I found the mini game to be disappointingly simple. Its still pretty fun though and definitely a great script. Is this new city going to be the same as the one from the old Liquid Ocean? Nelt?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Wow! Really Nice Story!
And i love the layout.
The games has alot of potential and i think it should be great when it reaches its final release!
Awesome Work Semele. I will keep in touch with this thread since its so awesome! And your mapping skills are incredible! Nice Screenies(And the one i like the most is the one with the stars :3
Good Luck with this.

Sandro

Thanks. :mudkip^_^:

Ooh, very nice. You edited the snow falling animation, right?

I played the new beta and it was all right, the new maps are exquisite, as always but I found the mini game to be disappointingly simple. Its still pretty fun though and definitely a great script. Is this new city going to be the same as the one from the old Liquid Ocean? Nelt?

The mini game's supposed to be simple, since the mini game's not so far in the game I wanted it to be simple with simple prizes. The city's going to be bigger than the old Nelt, I'm thinking of a better name for it though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Semele...wonderful, wonderful updates! ;D
I love the new snowflakes. =)
A great hack by a great moderator! xD
I hope to see more wonderful things from this hack. ;P
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ME BACKUPS!!! O_O
Anyways, Good Luck~

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Really good hack. Nice plot, nice tiles.
New map looks great.

I will play this beta when it is a bit further.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
I'm loving it so far. I just got the third badge. If there is a way to use Rock Smash, I would love to know how. I really want to continue this game. It says I can but it won't let me. Is that the end of the beta for now?

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2008
The world map is very well done. I like the tiles, palettes and the characters. Scripts are just awesome. Your hack is probably my favorite :-)

eevee123

Hmmm...
Years
Where are you meant to go after youve given the ingrediants to the cook guy, and handed out all the leaflets for the market guy??

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
is an alpha the same as a beta???
An alpha usually comes before a beta. An alpha is normal a test version of a beta, and a beta is a test version of a final version.
But here, we use different meanings for those terms.

Oh, and Semele, have there been any updates or news on the project?
I can't believe this thread jumped down all the way to the third page. O_o

Anyway, hope to hear more from this awesome project.
Like a lot of other people who said this, this is one of my favorite hacks out there.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Huh?! Isn't that from Pokemon TCG for Gameboy? I would lol so hard if a trainer in that cave decided to duel you with cards instead of pokemon.
Well, I think that would be just plain impossible. O_o
And I think Semele only took it because it looks cool. XD

I hope to hear some more news from this project.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Where are you meant to go after youve given the ingrediants to the cook guy, and handed out all the leaflets for the market guy??

You can't do anything after the third gym, and those side quests are only for the rewards.

Huh?! Isn't that from Pokemon TCG for Gameboy? I would lol so hard if a trainer in that cave decided to duel you with cards instead of pokemon.

It is from the TCG but it doesn't have to do with cards, it's just a symbol on the floor of a cave.

I have some screenshots from Norfroth City~

nelt1ph9.png
nelt2hp1.png
nelt3yd9.png

And a beautiful wallpaper by ~ Womanizer ~.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back