Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old October 4th, 2008 (3:11 PM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
Im comin' home...
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 1,816
Ok, some info to anyone who has trouble compiling scripts in XSE.
When you want to compile, and the compile button doesn't pop up, that means your ROM is not loaded.
But get this, you don't NEED to load your ROM in order to compile.
You can save your script (Like you should anyway) into a folder, somewhere on your computer.
Then, you can go to "Tools" and select "Batch Compiler" Then, simply choose the ROM, and the folder where your scripts are saved.
The scripts will be shown in a list, with check boxes next to them.
Check off each script that you want to compile, and it will compile them to the rom.

There is a bod thing doing this though.
If your Offsets are the same thing. (example, I use the word start for almost all of my beginning offsets.

Example of script:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start )
If they are all the same, it will be a bit difficult locating and telling apart your scripts.

The good thing about doing batch compiling, is that you can compile large numbers of scripts into your ROM at once!
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>

Relevant Advertising!

  #152    
Old October 4th, 2008 (3:39 PM).
GKS's Avatar
GKS GKS is offline
Retired Hacker
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 1,321
    This was something I was looking for today!
    Thanks a lot, I was thinking of making the transferring of scripting from Poke Script to XSE.
      #153    
    Old October 4th, 2008 (4:21 PM).
    0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
    0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
    Im comin' home...
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Superjail Penitentiary
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 1,816
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G.K.S. View Post
    This was something I was looking for today!
    Thanks a lot, I was thinking of making the transferring of scripting from Poke Script to XSE.
    I just realized that that would be a great, and helpful program! (Unfortunately, I can't use Visual Basic, because my PC is just to slow, Almost to slow to even run an emulator to test my ROMs)
    But if you need help transferring a Pokescript into XSE format, I could do it.

    Also, Does anyone know of a programing language, that I can use to make programs, that would work on a slow PC. (I think mine has like, either 256mb of RAM, or 512mb of RAM, really slow you see...)
    __________________
    >Boot Jailbot
    >Pass *****
    .
    .
    Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
    Greetings Warden
    of Superjail Penitentiary
    Awaiting user input...

    >Display User_Info
    ╠══User Info══╣
    Username:
    0m3GA ARS3NAL
    Age: 18
    Sex: Male ♂
    Race: Caucasian
    Quote:
    "What is this
    I don't even..."

    M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
    ╠══End of File══╣
    Awaiting user input...

    >
      #154    
    Old October 4th, 2008 (8:58 PM).
    Darthatron's Avatar
    Darthatron Darthatron is offline
    巨大なトロール。
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 1,152
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 0m3GA AR$3NAL View Post
    I just realized that that would be a great, and helpful program! (Unfortunately, I can't use Visual Basic, because my PC is just to slow, Almost to slow to even run an emulator to test my ROMs)
    But if you need help transferring a Pokescript into XSE format, I could do it.

    Also, Does anyone know of a programing language, that I can use to make programs, that would work on a slow PC. (I think mine has like, either 256mb of RAM, or 512mb of RAM, really slow you see...)
    How will it be useful? They aren't even that different, to be honest. If you knew what you were doing in PokeScript, then XSE should be a breeze.

    Also VB6 worked fine on my computer for years, and I had 192MB of RAM.
    __________________
    あなた は しきしゃ です
    わたし は ばか です
      #155    
    Old October 4th, 2008 (11:23 PM).
    0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
    0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
    Im comin' home...
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Superjail Penitentiary
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 1,816
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
    How will it be useful? They aren't even that different, to be honest. If you knew what you were doing in PokeScript, then XSE should be a breeze.

    Also VB6 worked fine on my computer for years, and I had 192MB of RAM.
    Well, then it must be my processing speed... And I think it would be useful for the people that cant seem to grasp how to convert Pokescript OR ScriptEd into XSE, don't get me wrong, I am very skilled in both.
    I just think it would be helpful for preople that for some reason cant learn XSE for some reason...
    (My PM box always getting filled with my friends telling me to make there Pokescript stuff work in XSE for them, I tell them to just learn XSE, but they just don't get it...)
    But where can I find VB6? I cant find it, Googled it and everything.
    (I tried VB6, Visual Basic 6, and a whole bunch of other things, but I can't find it...)
    __________________
    >Boot Jailbot
    >Pass *****
    .
    .
    Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
    Greetings Warden
    of Superjail Penitentiary
    Awaiting user input...

    >Display User_Info
    ╠══User Info══╣
    Username:
    0m3GA ARS3NAL
    Age: 18
    Sex: Male ♂
    Race: Caucasian
    Quote:
    "What is this
    I don't even..."

    M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
    ╠══End of File══╣
    Awaiting user input...

    >
      #156    
    Old October 5th, 2008 (8:49 AM).
    Pokepal17's Avatar
    Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
    More cowbell~
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Steeltown
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 1,517
    Hi, can somebody please tell me how to do a trainer script and explain it?
    __________________
    Pokémon Stardrop
      #157    
    Old October 21st, 2008 (10:38 PM).
    PokéHacker's Avatar
    PokéHacker PokéHacker is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Age: 27
      Posts: 6
      hockeypanda 32 why you don't post 5,6,7 chapter?
        #158    
      Old November 4th, 2008 (11:00 PM).
      ~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
      ~Teh Panda~ ~Teh Panda~ is online now
      Sea of Dreams - Redux
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Posts: 907
      Can a mod change the name of this thread to " [TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial"

      EDIT: Thanks!
      __________________
        #159    
      Old November 7th, 2008 (9:07 PM).
      Jamiras843's Avatar
      Jamiras843 Jamiras843 is offline
      Dee-dee-dee
         
        Join Date: May 2008
        Gender:
        Posts: 18
        I find these tutorials pretty helpfull each one has a little information the others did not.
        __________________

          #160    
        Old November 9th, 2008 (12:41 PM).
        Cheesymitten's Avatar
        Cheesymitten Cheesymitten is offline
        Dukcs
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2008
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 1,839
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TehTehTehTeh View Post
        A basic one would look like this, just incorporate a givepokemon event into the script where you want it to be.

        Code:
        #dynamic 0x800000
         
        #org @givepokemon
        lock
        faceplayer
        Message @give
        boxset 6
        givepokemon 1 5 0 0 0 0
        release
        end
         
        @org @give
        = Here is a Bulbasaur
        Sorry if anyone else has asked but what would a mareep be for the xse scipt?
          #161    
        Old November 9th, 2008 (12:47 PM).
        -DarK- -DarK- is offline
        Hold Your Colour
           
          Join Date: Jun 2007
          Location: Belgium
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 185
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cheesymitten View Post
          Sorry if anyone else has asked but what would a mareep be for the xse scipt?
          Spoiler:
          #dynamic 0x800000

          #org @givepokemon
          lock
          faceplayer
          Message @give
          boxset 6
          givepokemon 0xB3 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
          release
          end

          @org @give
          = Here is a Mareep


          There you go :)
          __________________
            #162    
          Old November 9th, 2008 (12:49 PM).
          Cheesymitten's Avatar
          Cheesymitten Cheesymitten is offline
          Dukcs
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1,839
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by -DarK- View Post
          Spoiler:
          #dynamic 0x800000

          #org @givepokemon
          lock
          faceplayer
          Message @give
          boxset 6
          givepokemon 0xB3 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
          release
          end

          @org @give
          = Here is a Mareep


          There you go
          WOAH! how did you know that?
            #163    
          Old November 9th, 2008 (9:54 PM).
          pokefreak2's Avatar
          pokefreak2 pokefreak2 is offline
          I can't believe you read this
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Location: that information is classified
            Age: 19
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 85
            the reason why i think you can't leave town is
            because dynamic is to close to org
              #164    
            Old November 10th, 2008 (12:07 AM).
            Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
            Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
            Sitting by the back window
               
              Join Date: Mar 2008
              Location: Best City OCE
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 5,988
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by cheesymitten View Post
              WOAH! how did you know that?
              Mareep is some number in the Pokedex, then use the hex/dec calculator in XSE to change it to hex. Bingo.
              __________________
              Brony represent.
                #165    
              Old November 10th, 2008 (4:21 AM).
              HackMew's Avatar
              HackMew HackMew is offline
              Mewtwo Strikes Back
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2006
              Posts: 1,314
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
              Mareep is some number in the Pokedex, then use the hex/dec calculator in XSE to change it to hex. Bingo.
              Yes, but there's no need. What about:

              Code:
              #include stdpoke.rbh
              
              'something...
              givepokemon PKMN_MAREEP 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
              '...
              __________________
                #166    
              Old November 10th, 2008 (9:11 AM).
              Cheesymitten's Avatar
              Cheesymitten Cheesymitten is offline
              Dukcs
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2008
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,839
              what does that mean sorry i'm really confused by this stuff :D
                #167    
              Old November 10th, 2008 (10:25 AM). Edited November 10th, 2008 by HackMew.
              HackMew's Avatar
              HackMew HackMew is offline
              Mewtwo Strikes Back
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2006
              Posts: 1,314
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by cheesymitten View Post
              what does that mean sorry i'm really confused by this stuff :D
              In plain English it means you don't need to remember weird numbers nor to convert them to hex or something.
              __________________
                #168    
              Old November 10th, 2008 (11:13 AM).
              Cheesymitten's Avatar
              Cheesymitten Cheesymitten is offline
              Dukcs
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2008
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,839
              ah thanks for your help
                #169    
              Old November 10th, 2008 (8:14 PM).
              Bluewarwolf's Avatar
              Bluewarwolf Bluewarwolf is offline
              Teh n00b haxorz
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Gender:
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 25
                What's wrong with this script? I haven't been able to get it to work..... all the person does is just stand there, and nothing happens. Also, no other script works either One other thing..... is it normal that when you start the game after scripting, that the game is a little.... "laggy" I guess you'd say? Like, I can press Left and my character goes Left twice or all the way, even if I let go. Just an example. Anyway, here's the script:


                #dynamic 0x71B69C

                #org @start
                lock
                faceplayer
                message @1
                boxset 0x6
                givepokemon 0x6 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                message @2
                boxset 0x6
                release
                end

                #org @1
                = Have a Charizard\n, on the house

                #org @2
                = You got Charizard!\nWhat a nice guy.
                __________________


                  #170    
                Old November 11th, 2008 (4:34 AM).
                zak's Avatar
                zak zak is offline
                xpert trainer
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2004
                  Location: south london
                  Age: 25
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 247
                  hey i've been outa the game for a while, i'm not even 100% sure i should post this here, but yeah, i used to script with pokescript this is like a year+ ago i haven't touched a rom or emulator in ages (runscape got me) and now i wana get back into scripting so i'm working with xse, but i need to know how to find free space for scripts, aby suggestions on a tool or on how i can find free spaces for scripts?

                  Thanks in avance ~Zak
                  __________________
                  Hi
                    #171    
                  Old November 11th, 2008 (5:36 AM).
                  Hiche.. Hiche.. is offline
                   
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2008
                    Posts: 981
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by zak View Post
                    hey i've been outa the game for a while, i'm not even 100% sure i should post this here, but yeah, i used to script with pokescript this is like a year+ ago i haven't touched a rom or emulator in ages (runscape got me) and now i wana get back into scripting so i'm working with xse, but i need to know how to find free space for scripts, aby suggestions on a tool or on how i can find free spaces for scripts?

                    Thanks in avance ~Zak
                    You can use Free Space finder.
                    But I advise you with HEX. Search for a lot of FFFF, and you will see on the left, the offset.
                    Type it in the #dynamic 0xoffset.

                    If you want also, XSE has a free space finder( Tools>Free Space Finder)
                      #172    
                    Old November 11th, 2008 (6:11 AM).
                    zak's Avatar
                    zak zak is offline
                    xpert trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2004
                      Location: south london
                      Age: 25
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 247
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hiche View Post
                      You can use Free Space finder.
                      But I advise you with HEX. Search for a lot of FFFF, and you will see on the left, the offset.
                      Type it in the #dynamic 0xoffset.

                      If you want also, XSE has a free space finder( Tools>Free Space Finder)
                      wow can't believe i missed that lol, thanks alot.

                      *edit* i load my rom etc, or even when i open a script with advance map, the free space finder on xse is always grey and i'm unable to click it 0.0 any idea why?
                      __________________
                      Hi
                        #173    
                      Old November 11th, 2008 (6:17 AM).
                      HackMew's Avatar
                      HackMew HackMew is offline
                      Mewtwo Strikes Back
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                      Posts: 1,314
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zak View Post
                      wow can't believe i missed that lol, thanks alot.

                      *edit* i load my rom etc, or even when i open a script with advance map, the free space finder on xse is always grey and i'm unable to click it 0.0 any idea why?
                      Yes, you need to put FSF inside the folder where XSE is. Besides, you will need FSF only one basically.
                      __________________
                        #174    
                      Old November 11th, 2008 (6:41 AM).
                      zak's Avatar
                      zak zak is offline
                      xpert trainer
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2004
                        Location: south london
                        Age: 25
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 247
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                        Yes, you need to put FSF inside the folder where XSE is. Besides, you will need FSF only one basically.
                        fsf being? [message to short]
                        __________________
                        Hi
                          #175    
                        Old November 11th, 2008 (6:56 AM).
                        Christos's Avatar
                        Christos Christos is offline
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2006
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 6,414
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by zak View Post
                        fsf being? [message to short]
                        FSF is Free Space Finder. Also, please don't use fillers to bypass the 25 character limit.♥
                        __________________

                        A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                        Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                        Closed Thread

                        Quick Reply

                        Join the conversation!

                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:01 PM.