• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Ruby Dagger Murders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, some people make a script that brings you back in time. They use old tiles though. You could use those for a cooler kind of 3rd Gen. back in time. ;D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
the new starters are really nice, its much better for there to be more starters.
and maybe you could use the project theta tileset made by christos.
but i suggest that you insert some tiles yourself, rom bases might not have(it happens often) what you are looking for, and some people just don't like it because it doesn't seem that professional.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
I'm not sure if Luke will use a ROM Base just yet. I think developing of the actual game is more important. Besides, graphics can be implemented at any time of development. But ROM Bases have definitely been considered.

Years
I like the new thread layout.
Also, Neti's tutorial could teach you how to make map connections.
It taught me.(I'm sorry, too busy to join other hacks now.)

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Update:

Remapping everything and getting some scripting together.

Also, designing what would be considered "Gym Leaders" in this game. (More on the " " around Gym Leaders later) So far we have:

A 'demonic' clown [Ice-type]
A paraplegic, wheelchair-bound boy [Psychic-type]
A muscular thug [Normal-type]
A former pilot of the Essian Air Force [Flying-type]
A bored socialite [Grass-type]
???
???

If you have any suggestions for unique gym leaders, I'm all ears.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Update:

Remapping everything and getting some scripting together.

Also, designing what would be considered "Gym Leaders" in this game. (More on the " " around Gym Leaders later) So far we have:

A 'demonic' clown [Ice-type]
A paraplegic, wheelchair-bound boy [Psychic-type]
A muscular thug [Normal-type]
A former pilot of the Essian Air Force [Flying-type]
A bored socialite [Grass-type]
???
???

If you have any suggestions for unique gym leaders, I'm all ears.
Lmao! A bored socialite is all you can think of??!?!? Lol.
I can tell by the gym leaders, there is got to be a lot of humor in this hack!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Hey, I posted some screen shots of the first few scripts and a peek at the first route (thanks to dshayabusa!).

Also pretty much ironed out the story with my friend, the member J. So expect a more complete summary, possibly (!) a sprite of a major character, definitely character profiles soon, and the reveal of the game's official site!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Updated the screen shots a little with a peek at the Starter Quiz Script composed by thethethethe and inserted by Christos/Semele.

Smileman

Scripter looking for a team
Years
Cool, PM me what you need done. Is there anything that you didn't like about my sprites? I would just like to know what I'm not doing right in spriting.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
the updates are nice, maybe we could see a video of the script soon?
and you could've told me if you needed help with the mapping.
nonetheless, it looks pretty good.
i was wondering if you were altering the starter stats, because some of the starters don't have "starter" good stats.
anyways, the only thing that comes to mind for gym leaders is a shy or modest ninja, but seeing as how its used already, it probably won't work.
well, best of luck on the game britney spears!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yeah, the starters are being "upgraded" slightly. Moves and stats are being altered slightly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Give Cubone tackle or something, because right off the bat, if a bird appears, your screwed =(

Anyways, BOL!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nice hack you've done there Luke, I can help with inserting tiles (because I'm good at that).
Do you need any D/P tiles for your hack? Or do you need a different tileset? :\
I can do some advanced scripts if you'd like me to show you how to do them.
Anyway, looks nice, and good luck with it. :)

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
New Support bars made by the fabulous ~ The Womanizer ~. More screen shots coming tomorrow.

Also, thanks to BeachBoy, we have another new Gym Leader

A Pirate Stuck in the Past [Water-type]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back