• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker01

I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!
Years
Haha I remember that Pokémon Diamond game, I played it years ago. It was really random... Anyway, it's cool that you made a program for it. It must be good that you can make tools for games other than Pokémon...

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
PaletteEd GB

Haha I remember that Pokémon Diamond game, I played it years ago. It was really random... Anyway, it's cool that you made a program for it. It must be good that you can make tools for games other than Pokémon...

Yeah, pretty crazy game, but I appreciate it for what it is:D

I have another tool that I made this morning, a Palette Editor for Gameboy and Gameboy Colour ROMs. Up until now, this would all have to be done in a Hex Editor, but with this tool, editing the palettes is easier!

paletteedgb.png

That's the tool, and it features a RGB colour picker, so making alterations is easy. Most palettes in GB are only 4 colours, hence there being only 4 colour boxes. However, even if you're editing one with more, hit the ">" button to view the next 4 colours and so on.

paletteedited.png

This is an example of what I did with the program. I hope that it will be useful to any old school hackers out there. If you find any bugs or glitches please let me know.

Download PaletteEd GB

To find the palette you want to edit, especially for Pokémon, most of the offsets are on DataCrystal, so look there.

That's all for now,

swampert22

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Nice, that can help when I start to rework on my Red hack! Anyway, do you have a link to DataCrystal? I don't remember where it is...

Pingouin_7

Hey dude, would it be possible to make an hacking tool that allows the edit of the Pokémon evolutions?

I need one to make the Pokémon that evolves via link cable able to evolve by level up.

Swampert 22

Years
Hey dude, would it be possible to make an hacking tool that allows the edit of the Pokémon evolutions?

I need one to make the Pokémon that evolves via link cable able to evolve by level up.

Well, which game is it for? I am sure that there are lots of programs that can edit evolutions...

Pingouin_7

It's for Crystal, I've searched all day long yesterday looking for a tool that edits the evolutions...

I've only found tools that edits the evolutions... In Advance generation.

Or maybe you could tell me where I can find one that works with Crystal?

Swampert 22

Years
Oh, sorry.

It's for Crystal, I've searched all day long yesterday looking for a tool that edits the evolutions...

I've only found tools that edits the evolutions... In Advance generation.

Or maybe you could tell me where I can find one that works with Crystal?

Oh I see. I thought yomama made one... Well, I guess I could research the data and try to make a program. I doubt it would be that hard ;)

Pingouin_7

Oh, and do you know how to edit the credits at the end so I could put: "Special thanks: Swampert22, W.A.H. (Studiopokemon), etc..."?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
@Swampert: I believe (haven't looked at it in a while) that the evolution data is intermingled with move data, specifically what level a monster learns a move. Presuming that your current tools merely edit bytes without moving anything around, I would recommend going the whole way and writing a tool that a) edits both moves and evolutions and b) automatically, or by prompt, repoints data so that you can dynamically change the number of moves and evolutions per Pokémon.

Swampert 22

Years
@Swampert: I believe (haven't looked at it in a while) that the evolution data is intermingled with move data, specifically what level a monster learns a move. Presuming that your current tools merely edit bytes without moving anything around, I would recommend going the whole way and writing a tool that a) edits both moves and evolutions and b) automatically, or by prompt, repoints data so that you can dynamically change the number of moves and evolutions per Pokémon.

Thanks IIMarckus, I had already looked into the information using Giege's albeit quite out of date document. It takes a bit of understanding, as I am sure you know. Would you happen to have any more detailed information on the subject from one of your sources?

Pingouin_7

Take your time, I prefer having a program with less glitches than a program with a dozen of glitches in it. ;)

Years
Swampert your tools are the best!
and thanks for posting back.
can you tell me what my game needs please i really need help with more support i can finish quicker just anyone post ANYTHING i would praise them please

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hey, Swampert, I think you should make a PalleteEd GBC. After all, you did make a palleted GB!

Years
Hmmm... haven't I seen one of these tools before? On another site? Ha ha ha...

I actually need to try some of the Pokémon tools sometime though...

Swampert 22

Years
Hey, Swampert, I think you should make a PalleteEd GBC. After all, you did make a palleted GB!

Well, the tool will work fine for GBC ROMs, just put in the offset and the colours will be there, I tryed it! Obviously if you have a palette of 4+ colurs not all will be displayed, so just press the ">" button to get the rest. Simple. Try it out!:)

Hmmm... haven't I seen one of these tools before? On another site? Ha ha ha...

I actually need to try some of the Pokémon tools sometime though...

Nice to see you have regestered here pal! By all means download some of these tools and give 'em a go. I am sure there are loads of bugs for you to find;)

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Hey awesome! GBC pallet editing. Simple question though, will it work on my english crystal since it obviously says it can edit GBC palletts? Also, you said you redesgned your gsc TM editor, is it possible for it to rename and edit the pictured for different TMs with this tool?

Love the genjju editor! Haven't played genjju in years. Will get it again and hack it with your SP tool too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Hi Swampert... am I ever going to get the pictures for re-design? Just asking :P

Swampert 22

Years
Hey awesome! GBC pallet editing. Simple question though, will it work on my english crystal since it obviously says it can edit GBC palletts? Also, you said you redesgned your gsc TM editor, is it possible for it to rename and edit the pictured for different TMs with this tool?

Love the genjju editor! Haven't played genjju in years. Will get it again and hack it with your SP tool too!

Should be fine with your Crystal ROM, as long as you have the offset of the palette! In GSC the items don't have pictures, so I don't know what you mean about editing the pictures. You cannot rename the TMs, I think thats pretty pointless, however if you really want to re-name them, use your favourite HEX editor;)

I am glad you like the DenjuuEditor program, it works pretty well, as you will see!

Hi Swampert... am I ever going to get the pictures for re-design? Just asking :P

Oh crud I completely forgot Philman, I'm sorry, I have loads on my plate at the minute, I am applying to university this week so its pretty hectic. I'll see if I can get them zipped up at the weekend for you!:D

Very nice stuff, I won't hesitate to use any of them.

Well, It's quite a collection I have been building for a few months now, so there is bound to be something you will find useful...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back