• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Official DayAndNight-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
Hey there,
maybe you remember some screenshots showing the unpack-algorithm plus a date referring to October 2008. Obviously, this release date can't be maintained anymore... I had to delay the tool again due to personal reasons - sorry for that.
But enough of the bad news. Here are the good ones:

The Tool called is now in the "open beta" state - the first stable version will be V0.1.2. The Day-Night-System is now working for several versions of Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - hopefully for yours too - the beta test took us much time.

As you can see in the screenshot below, there will be a "password system". Maybe you'll say "awww, that sux MX!!" but i have two reasons for introducing these passwords:

1) I don't feel like fixing about 10000 ROMs where some "intelligent" people tried to edit the very sensitive, ASM-based D/N-S manually.
2) The "password" is your personal checksum and the unpacking key as well. It's calculated by 2 "StartCodes" in the ROM-Header. These 2 StartCodes contain 16 bytes - each - and are completely assignable by the user. So you can write 32chars in your ROM-header which nobody can change - if someone tries it, the D/N-S is disabled. So this is YOUR possibility to put your (or mine *gg*) copyright. =)

UPDATE
Okay. That's basically how it will work. A D/NS minisite and some screenshots can be found here:
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/dayandnight.php

UPDATE II
Some of you will have noticed that I released a first candidate to the public. It can be found on SFC.

greetz
MX

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Great screen shots. I can't wait for the release so we can finally see all the hacks that never get completed, but have Day/Night. :o Nah... But, good job on this.

*claps*

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
wow. this is amazing! i didn't know you made tools! i will surely try this!

question.

does it work on emerald (english), and fire red (english)?

Years
Ohhaha~ohhaha~oh...!!!!!Sorry,I just laughed and couldn't close my mouth after I saw this amazing news.This is the biggest news what I saw in this half year(The 2nd biggest one was XSE running perfect in Chinese XP ).
Keep doing,we're waitng for it~!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
YES!

Yes... Yes, Yes... Yes, Yes, Yes... Yes...

I have waited so long for this, I've tried almost every possible way
of implanting a D&N- system in my Hack (Levelscript, ASM Pallet editing event etc.)
but all have failed...

And now this comes....
I LOVE* YOU M_X!!!

Can't wait for it to come out ;)

//44tim44

*I hope you understand I don't mean sexually... o_o...

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow, this is going to be great. The screenshots look great. Can't wait for the actual tool. Great work MX.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
That's brilliant. Congratulations on this! I cannot wait to see it in action. A lot of people are very keen to see this!

At the moment the Sys is designed for RSE in all languages. It will follow for FR/BG later...

The latter of that sentence is very interesting. :)

Best of luck for this!
~GC

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
This is very nice can't wait for the Firered/Leaf Green Version XD.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Oh, this is VERY interesting.
But, I have a little question.
How you're suposed to change the palletes on the various secondary tilesets? I mean, the program shows a VBA-like pallete viewer, wich covers the main tileset and the current secondary. What happens if you want to apply the D/N system on all secondary tilesets? Is there a way to change them?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
How you're suposed to change the palletes on the various secondary tilesets? I mean, the program shows a VBA-like pallete viewer, wich covers the main tileset and the current secondary. What happens if you want to apply the D/N system on all secondary tilesets? Is there a way to change them?

Editable in Hex, the pallettes are loaded from the RAM if I'm correct.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
i am surely going to use this. i hope you do good and there's no bugs!

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years

The palette above is just an example. The preferences are dynamically set for all palettes.

i am surely going to use this. i hope you do good and there's no bugs!

Don't worry, there will be A HUGE amount of bugs. XD In fact we're facing new problems all the time. But nothing is impossible... =P
That's why I'll release the tool for a public beta. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back