• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Awesome work Minorthreat. I only just noticed all the DP stuff that you've added, and that makes it just outstanding.

On the sprites, Infowl's backsprite is going to be enlarged. And the Grass Starter is coming very soon.

On a last note, how did this get bumped back to the second page? Anyways, it's now back where it belongs :D

Riceeman

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Nothing to big is going on right now guys. I'm busy adding the new pokemon Riceeman had made, and re coding the beginning part of the scirpt where TEAM CHAOS kidnaps you, but screens on that will be limited since its vital to the story. :D

Anyway, I figured I would show screens of the new grass starter.

Introducing FLOROTAN
capture005.png

capture004.png

This also shows new battle bars. Hopefully I will get something done this week that will get the game comments, and be worthy of updating.

PS. Please don't steal the sprites! I will find out!

I hope you all enjoy!

Sincerely,
Minor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That looks awesome dude. your doing some great work. Keep it up cause those sprites look great.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Nice work minorthreat. I hope to see more of your excellent hack.
This is not a hack -.-.
Minorthreat this is looking simply fantastic. I love the graphics and story its pretty interesting too. I'd love to see more of this amazing game.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks for the comments guys!

Um not much is happening in the world of Iridium right now, mostly still tweaking the Chanticleer events, editing sprites, stuff like that. Hopefully there will be an update this week.

But let me cut to the chase about my reasons for posting! Two reasons really.

I want to let it be know that despite Riceeman joining the team as a spriter, I am still looking for a fakemon designer and one more Pokemon Spriter.

I also want to ask if anyone would like to help out with editing DP trainer sprites for the various trainers in the game.(until someone fills this position or I can make a decent edit myself most trainer sprites for key characters will be place holders.

Thank you sincerely!
Keep the comments coming, you guys have no idea how motivational they are to ghe development!

Thank you,
Minorthreat

Mitchman

Banned
Years
*facepalms at the epic fail of a post that i made*
Hehe sorry bout that i got a bit confused! Anyway yay for riceman being your spriter!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well guys, I have been working diligently coding the beginning events to work as perfectly and flowing as smoothly as they should. So there isn't too much to show but I wanted to show off a few screens of the first events in the game, your kidnapping.

capture000.png

As you can see in the screens there are two new characters introduced, Mr. Cedar(who will later be important on a quest that I have planned), and one of your Rivals(debating on whether you will get to name this rival or not). Both of these people have been kidnapped by Team Chaos aswell, what are their motives for kidnapping all three of you? You will have to wait for a demo to come out to really figure out why.
I'm currently working on the next events in the story and the introduction of one of the first "corrupt" charaters in the game. So expect screens of that eventing sometime in the near future.

I hope you enjoy the screens and be sure to leave a comment or two if you stop by and take the time to read the post.

Thanks a bunch!
Minor

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow! Great update!
I love those screenshot so much! Good job!
Keep it up!

Years
I hope you enjoy the screens and be sure to leave a comment or two if you stop by and take the time to read the post.
I'm absolutely drooling over the screens xD. I can't wait for the demo. "Keeps staring at wonderful screens". Good luck with the rest of Iridium. (Can't stop staring xD)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nice update. I spy two errors, though~
I think there should be an exclamation mark, or at least a comma, after "Hey boss". Or better still, change it to just "Boss!".
Also, there's a tile error with the spikes on the right side of the building.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Nice update. I spy two errors, though~
I think there should be an exclamation mark, or at least a comma, after "Hey boss". Or better still, change it to just "Boss!".
Also, there's a tile error with the spikes on the right side of the building.

Haha! The spike error has been fixed(stupid layerd trees forced me to use lots of priority settings in the tileset). And thanks for pointing out the boss error, I get bored playing the same event coding over and over again to make sure it works smoothly that I usual don't read the text.

I was working on planning out different events for the game and I think I came up with a lot of awesome stuff. Lots of little events to demonstrate how the region of Iriho has become so corrupt with this plauge. Be warned there will be a lot of people who you would never think are corrupt, that actually are.

I also have finished planning the backbone of the story, and let me tell you, I have decided that Iridium will be very action packed and long. I'll say only this: You may think that its like all other Pokemon games, fight the evil team to end a their plan. While this is true, there's a whole new twist to the game that will change the story, the plauge gets worse, and there is a "legend" that can save all of Iriho...

Anyway,
Thanks for the comments. I love positive comments! :D

Sincerely,
Minor

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow Minorthreat... this is looking much better than it did, I am impressed, I really can't wait to see more, good luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hasn't Pokemon Iridium been around longer then your game JJ....
(Plot and story idea)

Did you ever think that you used his professors name?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
It all looks very good Monorthreat0987 but i am very disapointed to see that you have used the name of my pokemon professor... you dont have to change it but please ask before doing somthing like that again.....

Okay for one thing, your professor's name is AspRen, and mine is Aspen(without an R), so I have not stolen your Professors name anyway.

Hasn't Pokemon Iridium been around longer then your game JJ....
(Plot and story idea)

Did you ever think that you used his professors name?

Yes you are correct Blazer, the first Iridium thread was started in February of 2008 and had been in development since February of 2007, so technically JJ stole my professors name, but its a name, I have no rights over whether he calls is professor Aspren or not, nor do I really care much.

Anyway, I have some new scripts set up, and new interface graphics for the the Pokemon Summary Screen, I'll hopefully show pictures of them soon.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Excellent new screenshots, Minorthreat! This is looking more and more amazing every time I visit this thread. I especially like the sprites used in the game. The 'Team Chaos' people look wonderful, and the hero is alright.

Good luck with Iridium, Minorthreat! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back