• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Review Crew

Years
This thread is for 10 PC members (I'm one, so I need 9 more.) to review Video Games. I don't care what game you review, just make sure it is not rated M or AO (Mature, Adults Only) because we have some young children here. The rating is based on Graphics, Control, Gameplay, and Fun Factor. To calculate the score, add up the Ratings for Graphics, Control, Gameplay, and Fun Factor, then divide by four. The ratings scale is 1-10.

Here's an example:

Graphics: 8
Control: 9
Gameplay: 6
Fun Factor: 7

30 divided by 4= 7.5

And if a game is 7.0-7.9 it recieves a silver award. If it's 8.0-8.9, it recieves a gold award, and if it's 9.0-10.0, it gets a platinum award. You see? Now I just need 9 more members to review.

One more thing!! *Sounds like Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures* I don't want ANY flaming or spamming whatsoever!!

RocketShadow

Hehehe...
Years
I'd join but I don't really like stuff like movies/tv shows/videogames/ect. being rated because different people like different things (someone who rates something could hate the game while the majority of people who play it love it). And some of the stuff that is rated (like graphics) don't always make a game good (a game could have life-like graphics and stink or have atari graphics and be the best game ever).

Years
Both of you are in.

The 1st Review!

Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee
System: GameCube
Rating: T

Graphics: 9
Sound: 8
Fun Factor: 10

Final Rating: 9! SSBM gets a platinum award!

John Denver

Banned
Years
I'll join in...

Game: Super Mario Sunshine
System: Gamecube
Rating: E

Fun Factor: 9
Control: 7

Final Rating: 8.25, Gold..shizzah

BOO ya!

Years
Dakota's in!

My 2nd Review!

RollerCoaster Tycoon (Rated E for PC and Xbox, PC Version Reviewed)

Graphics: 7

Score: 8.25 (GOLD)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Notice:Don't go solely on anyone's reveiw of a game. You may like the game more or less yourself because everyone likes different things.

Notice2:I never give anything a perfect score so just deal with it. Hehehe...

Now with the disclaimers out of the way:

Kingdom Hearts
Playstation 2
E Everyone

Graphics: 9- Brilliant graphics with a few flaws, mainly with lip-synching and the camera.
Sound: 9.5- Great music and funny little sounds here and there. I may have given this perfect if it weren't for Sora and the horrible voices of Lock, Shock, and Barrel.
Fun Factor: 9- This game rarely gets tiring. I have about 10 diffent save files from where I beat the game and then started over.
Control: 8.5- Decent controls but camera control is very buggy and it can get annoying when your special abilities are all on the same command and you want to use a different one then what appears automatically.

Overall: 9
Award: Platinum

Years
Sounds fun. Lemme try... ^^

Name: Soul Calibur 2 (GameCube Format)
Rating: T
Namco

Graphics: 10 - They say that the Gamecube has a better graphic card than the PS2. They were correct. I compared the Gamecube format with the PS2 format. There was a big difference. In the GCN, it much more texturized and much more vibrant. Plus, everything is detailed. From the breaths of the characters in a snowy stage to those fishes in the Pirate's Alcove.

Sound: 9 - The sounds are just awesome. Every song coordinates perfectly with every stage. Echoes can be heared in dark bottomless stages and the whenever a weapon connects, a unique sound follows. Especially joke weapons. XD Though there are a bit of stereo typed sounds.

Gameplay: 9.5 - MUSHERS BEWARE! This is not a game for you! It's all about Block-signature move-guard impact-powerful move. Unlike Tekken, another Namco game, this has no 10-hit combo strings. Well, except Heihachi in PS2. Strategy is also needed here. You pick a weapon that's situated for your conditions in Weapon Master Mode.

Controls: 8 - The Controls seem a bit buggy. Since the A button is the biggest button in the Gamecube controler, it makes a draw back. You would accidentally do a soul charge instead of doing a B+K move. Also, the B+G move is very hard to do since you have to push the Y button and the B button at the same time.

Overall: 9.1 - It's an awesome game. I also liked it because Link's there ^^

Sturm

Kurokoneko
Years
Lemme try this one for a size...Advance War 2
Story-10 If you had played Advance Wars 1 the story is probably going to be clear from the start. If you didn't play the first one I will lay down the story. Sturm, an invader from another land has come with his army, Black Hole, to try and take over Macro Land. Now the inhabitants of Marco land (Orange Star, Blue Moon, Green Earth, and Yellow Comet) must join together to drive them back!

Gameplay-10 When you are in a battle, the system goes by "days." In Campaign Mode you will always go first. There are many types of unit such as tanks, infantry, ansd bombers. All units fit into one type of class, they are either a direct unit or an indirect unit. Direct units must be next to an opposing unit to attack them while indirect units have to attack from afar. There are 3 classes of units; land, sea, and air. Not allunits can attack all other units. In battle you will play the role of a Commanding officer (often abbreviated as CO) each commanding officer has a "CO Power" and a "Super CO Power." Your CO can use these abilities as soon as their CO meter is filled up to a specific point. Be careful though as your enemy has powers too. A battle can be won in four different ways, you win if you...(1) Capture the enemy Headquaters (2) Destroy ALL enemy units (3) If the enemy yields (4) Or is you complete a specific task mentioned before the mission.

Sound-10 Each CO as a specific music theme and a unique tune plays when he/she activates a CO Power excellent sound overall though

Challenge-10 Right from the start AW2 may seem easy but trust me it gets VERY challenging near the end. Don't think its hard enough? Wait until you experience Hard Campaign

Buy or Rent-buy If I wanted you to rent this I probably wouldn't write this, but I DO want you to get it so go NOW!!!!

John Denver

Banned
Years
You shouldn't be bias sturm...that's bad...

Shinobi, Playsation 2

Control: 10
Gameplay: 8

Overall... 8 point something

BOO ya!

Years
Sturm and oni flygon are in!

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

Sound: 7
Control: 8

8.25=Gold! Hoo Ha...

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)

Sound: 9

9=Platinum! BooYaka!

pika12

Student Pokemon Freak!
Years
I'll join too!

F-Zero GX
GC(Teen)
(Future fast racing)

Graphics:10(Detailed graphics with SUPER speed!)
Sound:8(Nice, catchy music with BAD voice acting)
Difficulty:10(INSANELY hard....)
Control:9(Just plain good)
Fun:9(VERY hard)
Overral:9.5

F-Zero GX gets Plantium!

~pika12~

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
Years
sorry if i've been inactive

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Nintendo Gamecube; Everyone (E)
Adventure/Platformer

Graphics: 9.5
Sound: 9.5
Control: 10

Overall: 9.75 <PLATINUM>

Fans of the Super Monkey Ball series and Sonic the Hedgehog games will rejoice to see Sonic Team's newest Gamecube platformer: Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Fusing Sonic the Hedgehog platforming gameplay with Super Monkey Ball aspects, Billy Hatcher should please hardcore Sega fans (like myself) along with new comers to Sega's unique approach to gaming.
Rich texture in the backrounds of the levels gives this game an "honor role" for graphics. The control for this game is so simple that a four year old, demented chimpanzee could understand them, yet another thing Sonic Team is famous for. The sound for this game is great, and it goes well with Billy's trademark "Good Morning" at the end of each stage (isn't he so cute???).
All of this of course just counts towards the fun factor of the game, which is a solid ten. Well deserved, I might add. This game would hold an honorable spot, in any gamer's cabinet.

~G-Lance

Back