• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
Battle system- Verry Nice I like it alot. My only problem is the fact that the pokemon's back sprite is covered. I think it really takes away from the battle if the pokemon's back sprite is ever covered at all; but that's just me.

Keep up the good work!!!!

EDIT( Didn't see page 30 XD) Okay, It looks WAYY better now, great job. It's still a little cluttered for me, but that's just my opinion. It'd also be nice if your pokemon's battle sprite was a tiny bit bigger. But since Shinx is a small pokemon, I can't really be objective with that.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new screens of the battle system interface look really sweet Wichu. Do Pokemon only have 3 attacks? (Just asking cause of one of the screens- cause the 3rd attack at the bottom is centered). Looks good.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nope, they can still have 4 moves. I've made it so that the alignment depends on the number of moves you have:
Screenshot177.png

1 move.
Screenshot178.png

2 moves.
Screenshot172.png

3 moves.
Screenshot179.png

4 moves.
Yay for multiple Shinx :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I've finished editing the buttons. A few changes have been made, noticeably the outline and the little bit at the top (not quite sure what to call it :S):
Screenshot190.png

The Fight button.
Screenshot187.png

The Item button.
Screenshot188.png

The Run button.
Screenshot189.png

The Pokémon button.
Screenshot181.png
Screenshot182.png

Two moves of different types.
Screenshot180.png

The Cancel button.
Doing a button for each move type was quite challenging :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I had a feeling thats what you did with the attacks. Good idea. And vert neat- as in neat looking. Looks really tidy when you allgn the attacks like that.

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
Years
Wichu, just a random thought here, but have you considered including the CAP pokemon from Smogon in your game? They have completed base stats, movepools, Pokedex entries, etc, and are all decent competitively viable pokemon. Some of them also have an entire evolutionary line, which you can implement into the game as well. It shouldn't be too hard to gain DougJustDoug's permission to use them seeing as it would greatly increase the CAP project's publicity and attract new users to Smogon.

Like I said, just a thought...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Wichu, just a random thought here, but have you considered including the CAP pokemon from Smogon in your game? They have completed base stats, movepools, Pokedex entries, etc, and are all decent competitively viable pokemon. Some of them also have an entire evolutionary line, which you can implement into the game as well. It shouldn't be too hard to gain DougJustDoug's permission to use them seeing as it would greatly increase the CAP project's publicity and attract new users to Smogon.

Like I said, just a thought...

One step ahead of you... :P
I asked Doug a while ago (and got infracted for posting about it in the CAP Simple Q&A thread). His reply was something like this:
CAP is a community project, so fangames can freely use it, but under certain conditions. They are: the Pokémon's origin should be made clear, and the Pokémon's competitive data (moves, stats etc) cannot be modified. However, the CAP project is currently not interested in affiliating with any fangames.
So they will be in, but can't learn any new moves, unfortunately. I was planning on revealing this later, but oh well...

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
Years
One step ahead of you... :P
I asked Doug a while ago (and got infracted for posting about it in the CAP Simple Q&A thread). His reply was something like this:
CAP is a community project, so fangames can freely use it, but under certain conditions. They are: the Pokémon's origin should be made clear, and the Pokémon's competitive data (moves, stats etc) cannot be modified. However, the CAP project is currently not interested in affiliating with any fangames.
So they will be in, but can't learn any new moves, unfortunately. I was planning on revealing this later, but oh well...

Wow, that's an ambiguous reply by Doug. He says that that fangames can freely use it, but then says the CAP project is not interested in affiliating with any fangames. But if you're sure you can get them in the game then that's great! One more reason I have to support this game over all the others kicking about.

I'm gonna post my two completed sprites in this thread just so I can get some more critiques, but Wichu you have full permission to edit them in any way you see fit for the game=).

http ://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/Legacy_Raider/Custom%20Sprites/1-Turtwig.png

http ://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/Legacy_Raider/Custom%20Sprites/2-Grotle.png

<I have less than 15 posts so for some reason it won't let me post links or images. To see the sprites remove the space after http and post in address bar>

Torterra is in progress, expect to see it sometime tomorrow!

LR.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, it looks more unique without the flap thing. It's lookin really great Wichu. Keep up the amazing work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Should I go with D/P battle bases? Like so:
Screenshot191.png

Credit to klnothincomin for them.

Oh, and if anyone's not seen yet, check out the new PC Gamer issue. This time, the interviewee (or one of them) was me.

EDIT: I should stop taking all my screenshots at night :S Here's a daytime version:
Screenshot192.png

EDIT2: Just noticed (and fixed) the bug where your Pokémon isn't tinted to the day/night tone after switching.

Last edited:

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
Years
1-Turtwig.png
2-Grotle.png
3-Torterra.png

So Torterra is complete, and with it my first evolutionary line.

Rate and critique away =). And Wichu, I'd love your opinion on Torterra.

Thanks, LR.

Last edited:

shinyursaring

Message me to play Halo 3.
Years
This is by far the best hack I have seen, ever. The game has plenty of new features, new sprites, and its not made in Advance map!

Just some suggestions:
Have you considered making new Pokemon types? I believe Coolboyman did something like this and you could give new Pokemon new types.

just a suggestion.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
This is by far the best hack I have seen, ever. The game has plenty of new features, new sprites, and its not made in Advance map!

Just some suggestions:
Have you considered making new Pokemon types? I believe Coolboyman did something like this and you could give new Pokemon new types.

just a suggestion.

This is not a hack. It's an actual game made from scratch.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Well, I've been messing around with the scripts again, and have managed to fix everything but the graphics. Here's some screens; are these better?
Screenshot170.png
Screenshot172.png

And as I said, pressing Z lets you see the field:
Screenshot171.png

I'll work on the buttons now.
EDIT: Finished the command menu buttons; I'll do the Fight menu ones tomorrow (one for each type :S).
Screenshot173.png
Screenshot174.png
Screenshot175.png
Screenshot176.png

What do you think?
Excellent! When I first saw that, I was shocked, since it looks like the Platinum interface of the DS, and something pops in my mind to ask someone how to make the commands like that--it's needed for my game's revised Platinum battle system. Keep up the good work, and more power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back