• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wii?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Ok well...I am thinking of getting the Wii...don't know if I will get it but...is it good? I want PBR and Pokemon Ranch mainly for it...but is the Wii worth buying?

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
uh let me think for a second..
YES!!!!!
there's soooo much more on the wii than just pokemon,
u got ur twilight princess, u got ur super smash bros brawl, u got ur star wars
and a pika-load more

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Okay, its graphics aren't very good, unless it is something like PBR, that doesn't have too much of a memory to put in... Zelda can be a great game, not the best graphics, but it is a very long game and is really fun! Smash Bros. Brawl is also a great game to get! You can also play your old GameCube games! I also suggest Mario Kart Wii, I love the wheel feature. Just don't look into the graphics, for the wii it is the very good gameplay!You can also hook up the old SNES controller! So far, the wii is coming out with better games, like right now, there isn't so many games, but later on Nintendo said they will bring better and funner games! So, YES, get the wii, and Game Freak probably will come up with a PBR2 for platinum! And PBR is great for testing new teams with the Survival Stadium!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I suggest get it because you can get those 2 pokemon games and i'm sure the wii will have more pokemon games. Also you can play your old virtual console games like SNES or sega games. Thats how cool the wii is! xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Moved this to Other Games.

If you're interested in a lot of the games on Wii, you probably won't go wrong with picking it up. It's not my preferred system in the least but it does offer a fair few fun games. What I WOULDN'T suggest, though, is PBR and Ranch. :| Ranch isn't really a game. It's pretty pricey for something you won't use if you don't literally need a Pokémon storage system past the boxes in your CP. As for PBR, I don't actually know anyone personally who doesn't regret owning it. :/ It's nothing but battling with your Pokémon in weird shiny 3D. I guess if you want the... what is it, surfing Pikachu? It'd be a good bet then, but I'd honestly suggest these games before PBR:

- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metroid Prime 3
- Mario Kart Wii

I think if you pick up a Wii with just PBR and Ranch in mind, you'll be disappointed. But add in a handful of the games mentioned above plus some other good ones people are likely to post (WiiWare and Virtual Console doesn't hurt either) and you'll have a good gaming experience with it. :]

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
Years
Get a Wii, beats XBOX 360 & PS3 by a long shot, not by Graphix or Online Capabilities, but by sheer awesomeness and variety of games that haven't gone down the drain.. *cough* Crash Bandicoot *cough*, + It has Super Smash Bros. Brawl!!! Best Game Ever!! Well....3rd Best for me!! But Still!!! Best Game Ever for Nintendo!!!! WOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
You're asking this on a forum designed for fans of a Nintendo franchise. What answer do you think you're going to get? :P

If you care about super-realistic graphics that much, then you should go with one of the other systems. If you're just looking for fun games, though, then go ahead and get a Nintendo Wii with some of the games Lightning suggested.

Zet

Years
well to be honest with you, the wii just doesn't seem to have that wide range of games like the xbox 360 and ps3 does(yes I know the ps3 lacks games, but it will pick up soon) but it's really up to you, if you want better graphics and blood the ps3 or xbox 360 will make up for it and internet game play as well, though if you just want nice simple games to relax and enjoy and have online gaming, the wii is good to go with

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Its definetly worth buying.

You should also get Super Smash bros ( it has pokemon too)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You really can't go wrong with a 360 or a PS3 if you're a hard core gamer ( by hard core, I mean you love the fact that Bioshock lets you kill little girls for fun xD )

Buuut! What the Wii lacks in graphics it makes up for in Gameplay. It can get boring after a while, and then you're hit with the fact that not many "epic" games are released for it. While the 360 has the Halo line and the PS3 has LittleBigPlanet.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
yeah MKWii is a good buy. SSBB and PBR and Ranch and Mortal Kombat Armageddon are good buys too.

Back