• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnVern

Banned
Years
Pokemon: Regions
Wrath of Team Jorjan

:pokeball:Story:pokeball:
You play a fifteen year old male or a fourteen year old female. Your from either Furion Town, Tamor(male) or Goldenrod City*, Johto(female). Your long lost sister, May** has found you and has asked you to go on a journey to find out that (1) If you chose female: Team Jorjan has started turning the Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon, and it's up to you to save them. (2) If you chose male: Team Jorjan Leader, Nevilious, has became overlord of the Mantior Region. It's up to you to save the region from the evil plans of Team Jorjan.​

:pokeball:Specifications:pokeball:
1. Four regions, including two new ones.
2. Over 200 new Pokemon.***
3. New Hero/Heroine.
4. Tons more quests that are required to complete.
5. Two seperate storylines depending on your gender.
6. New environment. New tiles.​

:pokeball:The Regions:pokeball:
WorldMAp-Iron.png

:pokeball:Screenshots:pokeball:
Pokemon-Iron3.png

Pokemon-Iron1-1.png
Pokemon-Iron2.png

Pokemon-Iron4.png

:pokeball:Maps****:pokeball:
FurionTown.png

^^ Furion Town ^^
vv Grola Town vv
GrolaTown.png

:pokeball:Pokemon:pokeball:
Sidislug-->
Sidislug.png
<--Sidislug
Spindrar-->
Spindrar.png
<--Spindrar
Spiradon-->
Spiradon.png
<--Spiradon
Cryted-->
Cryted.png
<--Cryted
Rufion-->
Rufion.png
<--Rufion
More To Come Later!!!​

:pokeball:Trainers:pokeball:
Overworld
Red-->
AshDown.png
<--Red
More To Come Later!!!​

:pokeball:Videos:pokeball:
None Yet :(​

:pokeball:Support:pokeball:
Supporter
BannerSupport.png

Code:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r7/aronwoodland/Bannerpng.png
My Banner
Bannerpng.png

Code:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r7/aronwoodland/BannerSupport.png
Wrap both URLs in

^(For the forum newbs)^​

:pokeball:*'s:pokeball:​

* = Goldenrod City will be totally revamped. I'm sure it wont even look like the orginal. Everthing will still be where it was in GSC but it will look totally up-to-date.
** = I'm talking about the May from the RSE Series
*** = I'm taking donations on scratched Pokemon sprites. Anything will be used and all credit will be given accordingly. Please PM any sprites you wish to donate to me and I will feature them in the hack.
**** = These Maps serve as place holder until the new tilesets are complete.​

:pokeball:Legal Disclaimer:pokeball:
Pokemon: Regions is not, in any way, associated with Nintendo, GAME FREAK inc., or Creatures Inc.. Pokemon: Regions is a fan-made non-profit video game and shall not be sold on this or any other domain on the internet. Nor will it be sold anywhere else. If Pokemon: Regions is sold for profit I, Aron Alen Woodland a.k.a ErnVern, take no responibility for what other people do with this game.​

Last edited:

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I'm suprised no one has noticed this one. Having two separate storylines depending on gender is a good idea, though I think that you should eventually be able to go to through the girl's region as a boy, and vice versa. However, Johto is done to death, which sort of takes away from the originality of this hack. Shadow Pokemon are also pretty hard to implement in a hack; however, I still think this has some potential. I'll keep an eye on it.

ErnVern

Banned
Years
Thanks! And yes You can go to every region meet the girl or boy and Their names are Kialee(Girl) And Turk(Boy). You will have about 3-4 quests to help the boy/girl with their individual ordeals.

Oh and I noticed that I posted the same screenshot twice...I'll change that...My bad lol ^_^

Likewise

Bye.
Years
well no rom has enough rom space for all regions, or nearly enough space for 2x the scripts for all regions, or 200 new pokemon including the existing ones. I suggest you figure out the limitations of a ROM.

The sprites hurt my eyes, the palettes are horrible and they are simple recolours wich is not good.

The Fakemon are actually very good! Work on your shading and palettes though.

And finally your mapping is atrocious, it's square, emptey, along with a lot of unnecesarry things. (mostley because of unused space that you need to fill up).
There are a LOT of problems with your mapping which would take a long time to explain.

I suggest you look at some maps made by disturbed, net, thrace, ninja caterpie or anyone who gets good ratings on the map rating thread, look at some hack of the week winners and look at them, although some of the hacks might be bad, but they will teach you the foundation of how to actually make a hack.

In my opinion you should have learned more before you started this hack.

Im just trying to help so dont flame me xD

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yeah no rom has spca for 2 regions and i love the way you made jhoto. Also arent you the guy who hacked zels shiny gold or am i wrong?

ErnVern

Banned
Years
To Mitchman: LOL no I didn't hack his shiny gold. On johto I didn't really know how the ground texture went so i kinda winged it...

To .Phones: Well I thought there might be a way to extend to copacity of a ROM but since you said there isn't enough space...I guess I'll make the game with RMXP...But if I do that....I wont be able to start making the game until I get my new computer in 2009...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back