• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Luna Iridescent

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
[The Legend]
"Three titans of our sins shall pursue us until the end times, but so long as good people make good effort, we shall keep them quelled. Yet even our prayers and spells cannot hold back the evils they wield, for they grow stronger as people sin more. It is predicted by the Dream Guides that one will unleash them through no intent of their own. The evils will erupt from their cloisters and reign defilement upon the world. The one who will unleash them cannot possibly defeat these great evils, nor will he be able to stop the destiny that shall ultimately lay darkness before the land."
Every elder is required to pass down this legend, for in the twilight we are to ask the youngest adult in the town to look to the full moon. If it shines with every color imaginable, then that is the month of release of the titans, and the burden of this Legend will no longer be mine to bear, but the history of those who survive." ~Madam 'Ercuz

[The Story]
The Region of Iwaja is under attack from the Empire of Hajo, an army outfitted with hand-to-hand combatants and the monsters from the spirit world. You as a simple farm hand will be required to fulfill a destiny you weren't meant to. To save your home, and protect your family, you must rally together the cities of Iwaja and free them from the tyrannical power of the invading empire. But is everything as it seems?
The empire seems to better the communities it overtakes, and the people living there don't seem oppressed, even better they're happy with their new effective rulers. The choice is yours, do you prove yourself a worthy avatar of destiny or do you try and save your town by becoming part of the empire and keeping your family safe with an iron hand of justice?
And what of the cities that fight their new rulers, the ones trying to hold on to tradition. Are they fighting an impossible fight to stay under its own rule, or are the invaders really pushing hard on some towns and not others? Every day the new moon waxes a little more, and when the skies are clear for one fateful night, who is left holding fate in their hands?

You?

Somebody you love?

Somebody you think you can trust?

Sometimes destiny picks a strong hand to lead the world into a new age, or did it sow the seed of guidance in some unfortunate soul doomed to corruption?

Luna Iridescent : when the moon shines the rainbow on every set of watchful eyes and everybody dreads the beauty of that harbinger of destruction.

[UPDATE - 01/07/09]
(Sneak Peek at the starters for Luna Iridescent)
[The Starters]
Spoiler:

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I'll add more as needed, but that's the basic jist of the story. It's set in a sort of old-time setting, before electricity. So, seeing as how the monsters were pretty much magic to begin with, I figured that it wouldn't be so bad as to say that magic exists.

Pokemon come from the Spirit World. You talk to Spirit Mediums to exchange the pokemon you have on you with the ones you have caught before. All the pokemon are caught using magic, runestones & spell tag sorts, and are tethered to that item. You can only have six because any more and you get too much interferance with your tethers.

Trainers can fight, yes, they have stats and such like a pokemon, and can learn certan moves. A trainer at start has base stats of a total of about 180 (Yes, you're weak in the beginning) and then you find a Class that effectively 'evolves' you. There are six classes, each offering different benefits, and you may swap them at any time.

Because trainers can fight, you no longer white out when your pokemon faint. You white out when YOU faint, make sense? Good.

Some battles are Duels (Trainer v Trainer) and some are Pokemon fights like normal. I've ditched double battles, as they seemed rather... 'tacked-on' for my taste.

I'll take questions about mechanics as they come, and I would certainly appreciate it if nobody took my ideas and ran with it, though I'm certain it's been thought up before and probably chased back into the void or already well done. The point is, this is my project, mine alone, and I'll keep working on it whether or not I get people's approval on my ideas.

Oh, and to continue : yes, I'm using Fakemon, only 151; I have already programmed my engine myself (I use Game Maker, not RPGMaker) and no, I'm not looking for any team members. This project is ultimately, a toy for me. Something to keep myself entertained and to eat up dull moments. Yes I'd like to make something that my target audience (the fans, meaning you guys and a few other forums where I post, as well as my friends) would enjoy.

\\//\\//Additional information to follow\\//\\//

See, the story isn't well fleshed out quite yet, which is why it's mostly questions. I have a hazy idea of where I want it to end up, but I have enough for there to be a sorta "back of the box" sorta teaser.

As far as the 'Sin' thing, it makes sense in the story. But if I explained that now, it'd be spoiling my major plot twist.

Though, you made the exact mistake I expected people to make. So in one part where you've brought up questions, I'm happy. The part where the one who unleashes it is not the one to stop it, yeah, I said the one who unleashes it cannot stop it. That's my very subtle hint of saying the person dies. Therefore, a smart player or a person who's looking for the twist will notice at once "Oh wait, this means I'm not the destined one." because a game where you unleash hell and then lose isn't very fun.

Alright, the first quality is that yes, the Pokemon come from the Spirit World. Throughout the game I will hint at this notion, but since it is well established in the world, there's no real reason for them to explain themselves. It isn't until you come across a certain town that has been a node between the two worlds that you get the full story. Therefore, in game, there's interest built up slowly.

Now, sans Melodrama...

There are three worlds: The Human World, the Dream World, and the Spirit World. Normally Humans only scrape the Spirit world in dreams. But, when Dream Guides began advancing their magic through research they found they could interact with other worlds much easier when they were projecting (dreaming or self-induced comas). After several years they found that there was an entire other world close enough to reach through through dreams. This is the Spirit World.

Though the problem with the Dream world is that it is intangible. You cannot do any real magic there, and no projection can interact with anything. They can simply view things. A good Dream Guide can look into the future by finding a Dreaming Spirit and asking it questions. Psychic Spirits can peer into the future, but stronger spirits can see further. It is a Dream Guide's job to speak and appease these spirits to goad them into telling them what they want to know.

All prophesies therefore are either truth or outright lies told by Psychic Spirits in the dream world.

It wasn't until some Dream Guides saw that the world of the Spirit was filled with powerful monsters, sapient and sentient that problems occured. While the Psychic ones were strong and useful in their own ways, other Dream Guides simply wanted to use these monster's power for themselves.

So, by performing a ritual in the human world, they tried to project into the Spirit World directly, to bring some back with binding magic dreamed up by Spirit Mediums. But when the most advanced Dream Guides performed this ritual, they overshot the amount of magic needed. You see, the kind of magic they were used to was akin to throwing themselves as hard as they could into the barriers of the Dream World and forcing themselves in.

The Spirit World was much closer. So close they existed nearly on top of each other, invisible to the other. So when Dream Guides did the ritual, they expected it to be further and harder to get, so they punched harder. In one town, the Spirit Realm split open like a bloated sausage and oozed it's realm and monsters straight out into the human world.

Normal animals were defeated because the monsters were too powerful. Your average oxen cannot compare to the power of a Strength move, nor can the normal bugs compete with the Bugs-types that didn't need food to survive. That's the main difference between a Monster and an Animal : the Monster (Pokemon) doesn't need to eat, or sleep, or even breath. They simply act like they did on their world, working with instinct like normal.

That's enough about the Spirit World.

The classes are simple:

Spirit Medium [High SpDef] [Create 'pokeball' type items from specific materials. Think Kurt from G/S/C, as well as restorative items like EnergyPowder]
Shaman [High SpAtk] [Creates Held Items, as well as being able to change their own type from the Normal (base for humans) to something else, causing them to learn new moves]
Chef [High HP] [Creates Vitamins, PP Ups, as well as being able to mix blended Vitamins (some that give two types instead of 1), also can make restorative items]
Move Tutor [High Atk] [Yup, you're a mobile move tutor, capable of teaching any move any other Move Tutor can teach, as well as learning some unique moves yourself. There are no such things at TMs so a Move Tutor's the only way to store them on your person]
Monk [High Def] [I want you to talk all the bikes and shove them into this guy. He runs at x3 speed, can jump, and he can even run on water (no risk of wild Pokemon) so long s he doesn't hit anything (think Mach Bike in Sky Tower)]
Thief [High Speed] [Learns Thief, can sneak in certain locked doors to new locations, also has the "Sneak" mode, swappable with the normal Running Shoes mode, you may instead sneak, and walk through tall grass avoiding wild Pokemon, works in caves as well, moves at half speed]

And of course, the Whiting Out thing. Typically in situations, a Trainer/Deulist will drag you back to town (at your expense, half your money per usual), other times, like in deep wild you'll get a different message such as "You wake up in the Spirit Medium's hut." and then the Dream Guide will remark "Your body was possessed and brought back here, Guess your monsters preferred you alive over dead, eh?" Which, good lord, will confuse the piss out of the players that first time. At least until they get to the point where they understand the significance of the Dream World in all this.

If anybody has more questions, I'll answer them.

Thank you, once again, for your time in reading this.

[PS] - If anybody knows where I can learn to do that nice boxing deal, I'd greatly appreciate some direction there.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Name is a bit long for my tastes, but I'm sure it fits...
[The Legend]

"Three titans of our sins shall pursue us until the end times, but so long as good people make good effort, we shall keep them quelled Lemme guess, those 'good efforts' cease after a bit?. Yet even our prayers and spells cannot hold back the evils they wield, for they grow stronger as people sin more How does that make any sense at all?. It is predicted by the Dream Guides Where did they come from? Who wrote them? How can they be correct? that one will unleash them through no intent of their own. The evils will erupt from their cloisters and reign defilement upon the world From the way you painted this, I don't buy the fact that there can be any world left...unless this is entirely melodrama.. The one who will unleash them cannot possibly defeat these great evils, nor will he be able to stop the destiny that shall ultimately lay darkness before the land In that case, why do we care? Nobody can...."
Every elder is required to pass down this legend, for in the twilight we are to ask the youngest adult in the town to look to the full moon. If it shines with every color imaginable, then that is the month of release of the titans, and the burden of this Legend will no longer be mine to bear, but the history of those who survive." ~Madam 'Ercuz

[The Story]
The Region of Iwaja Derived from...? A Japanese region? is under attack from the Empire of Hajo H-AH-HOH or HA-h-jow?, an army outfitted with hand-to-hand combatants and the monsters from the spirit world Wait, so this isn't a pkmn game? What is this spirit world? A little explaining here?. You as a simple farm hand will be required to fulfill a destiny you weren't meant to [/cliche]. To save your home, and protect your family, you must rally together the cities of Iwaja and free them from the tyrannical power of the invading empire. But is everything as it seems?
The empire seems to better the communities it overtakes, and the people living there don't seem oppressed, even better they're happy with their new effective rulers Then, again, why do we care?. The choice is yours, do you prove yourself a worthy avatar of destiny or do you try and save your town by becoming part of the empire and keeping your family safe with an iron hand of justice? Two radically different paths? Nice, but...I'd stick with one and fly with it 'cause those sound like two different adventures entirely.
And what of the cities that fight their new rulers, the ones trying to hold on to tradition Uhh, riots?. Are they fighting an impossible fight to stay under its own rule, or are the invaders really pushing hard on some towns and not others You tell us...? Every day the new moon waxes a little more, and when the skies are clear for one fateful night, who is left holding fate in their hands?​

You?​

Somebody you love?​

Somebody you think you can trust?​

Sometimes destiny picks a strong hand to lead the world into a new age, or did it sow the seed of guidance in some unfortunate soul doomed to corruption? Am I wasting my time, or are you actually going to give me a plot? A bunch of questions does not indicate anything...

Luna Iridescent : when the moon shines the rainbow on every set of watchful eyes and everybody dreads the beauty of that harbinger of destruction.​
Alrighty then--why does it shine that set of colours when the, uh...things...are released? What are they released from? Are they sentient? Do they get along?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I'll add more as needed, but that's the basic jist of the story ...was I s'psoed to take something outta that?. It's set in a sort of old-time setting, before electricity. So, seeing as how the monsters were pretty much magic to begin with, I figured that it wouldn't be so bad as to say that magic exists. So generic RPG is what you're shooting for? A'right...

Pokemon come from the Spirit World ...I did NOT see that coming. Explain this...Spirit World.... You talk to Spirit Mediums to exchange the pokemon you have on you with the ones you have caught before They link with the Spirit World or somethin'? I have nothing against PC alternatives, but this is beginning to get creepy.... All the pokemon are caught using magic, runestones & spell tag sorts, and are tethered to that item. You can only have six because any more and you get too much interferance with your tethers.

Trainers can fight, yes, they have stats and such like a pokemon, and can learn certan moves ...wooooooow. So they can hold items, too (pitchforks, ankhs, turkeys, etc.)?. A trainer at start has base stats of a total of about 180 (Yes, you're weak in the beginning) and then you find a Class that effectively 'evolves' you. There are six classes, each offering different benefits, and you may swap them at any time. ...can't you awe us with what those are?

Because trainers can fight, you no longer white out when your pokemon faint. You white out when YOU faint, make sense? Good. Where do you end up, then? The place you were? I always saw the white out as a convenient too to do it moreso to us than the character we play...'cause s/he has to get to the pkmn center and heal up. 'cause when it ends, we're talking to Nurse Joy in some of them, others we're already healed.

Some battles are Duels (Trainer v Trainer) and some are Pokemon fights like normal. I've ditched double battles, as they seemed rather... 'tacked-on' for my taste. They're a Hoenn thing, anyways...really, they don't even really belong in Sinnoh.

I'll take questions about mechanics as they come, and I would certainly appreciate it if nobody took my ideas and ran with it Okay, okay, brief soapbox moment: it won't change somebody's mind about theft if you mention it. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it..., though I'm certain it's been thought up before and probably chased back into the void or already well done. The point is, this is my project, mine alone, and I'll keep working on it whether or not I get people's approval on my ideas.

Oh, and to continue : yes, I'm using Fakemon, only 151; I have already programmed my engine myself (I use Game Maker, not RPGMaker) and no, I'm not looking for any team members. This project is ultimately, a toy for me. Something to keep myself entertained and to eat up dull moments. Yes I'd like to make something that my target audience (the fans, meaning you guys and a few other forums where I post, as well as my friends) would enjoy.

Thank you, once again, for your time in reading this.

[PS] - If anybody knows where I can learn to do that nice boxing deal The gaudy CSS junk? Leave it out; it detracts from what you have to say..., I'd greatly appreciate some direction there.
...at least there's been a little imagination in some o' these lately. Nice to see...

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
I suppose I shall have some explaining to do.

See, the story isn't well fleshed out quite yet, which is why it's mostly questions. I have a hazy idea of where I want it to end up, but I have enough for there to be a sorta "back of the box" sorta teaser.

As far as the 'Sin' thing, it makes sense in the story. But if I explained that now, it'd be spoiling my major plot twist.

Though, you made the exact mistake I expected people to make. So in one part where you've brought up questions, I'm happy. The part where the one who unleashes it is not the one to stop it, yeah, I said the one who unleashes it cannot stop it. That's my very subtle hint of saying the person dies. Therefore, a smart player or a person who's looking for the twist will notice at once "Oh wait, this means I'm not the destined one." because a game where you unleash hell and then lose isn't very fun.

Alright, the first quality is that yes, the Pokemon come from the Spirit World. Throughout the game I will hint at this notion, but since it is well established in the world, there's no real reason for them to explain themselves. It isn't until you come across a certain town that has been a node between the two worlds that you get the full story. Therefore, in game, there's interest built up slowly.

Now, sans Melodrama...

There are three worlds: The Human World, the Dream World, and the Spirit World. Normally Humans only scrape the Spirit world in dreams. But, when Dream Guides began advancing their magic through research they found they could interact with other worlds much easier when they were projecting (dreaming or self-induced comas). After several years they found that there was an entire other world close enough to reach through through dreams. This is the Spirit World.

Though the problem with the Dream world is that it is intangible. You cannot do any real magic there, and no projection can interact with anything. They can simply view things. A good Dream Guide can look into the future by finding a Dreaming Spirit and asking it questions. Psychic Spirits can peer into the future, but stronger spirits can see further. It is a Dream Guide's job to speak and appease these spirits to goad them into telling them what they want to know.

All prophesies therefore are either truth or outright lies told by Psychic Spirits in the dream world.

It wasn't until some Dream Guides saw that the world of the Spirit was filled with powerful monsters, sapient and sentient that problems occured. While the Psychic ones were strong and useful in their own ways, other Dream Guides simply wanted to use these monster's power for themselves.

So, by performing a ritual in the human world, they tried to project into the Spirit World directly, to bring some back with binding magic dreamed up by Spirit Mediums. But when the most advanced Dream Guides performed this ritual, they overshot the amount of magic needed. You see, the kind of magic they were used to was akin to throwing themselves as hard as they could into the barriers of the Dream World and forcing themselves in.

The Spirit World was much closer. So close they existed nearly on top of each other, invisible to the other. So when Dream Guides did the ritual, they expected it to be further and harder to get, so they punched harder. In one town, the Spirit Realm split open like a bloated sausage and oozed it's realm and monsters straight out into the human world.

Normal animals were defeated because the monsters were too powerful. Your average oxen cannot compare to the power of a Strength move, nor can the normal bugs compete with the Bugs-types that didn't need food to survive. That's the main difference between a Monster and an Animal : the Monster (Pokemon) doesn't need to eat, or sleep, or even breath. They simply act like they did on their world, working with instinct like normal.

That's enough about the Spirit World.

The classes are simple:

Spirit Medium [High SpDef] [Create 'pokeball' type items from specific materials. Think Kurt from G/S/C, as well as restorative items like EnergyPowder]
Shaman [High SpAtk] [Creates Held Items, as well as being able to change their own type from the Normal (base for humans) to something else, causing them to learn new moves]
Chef [High HP] [Creates Vitamins, PP Ups, as well as being able to mix blended Vitamins (some that give two types instead of 1), also can make restorative items]
Move Tutor [High Atk] [Yup, you're a mobile move tutor, capable of teaching any move any other Move Tutor can teach, as well as learning some unique moves yourself. There are no such things at TMs so a Move Tutor's the only way to store them on your person]
Monk [High Def] [I want you to talk all the bikes and shove them into this guy. He runs at x3 speed, can jump, and he can even run on water (no risk of wild Pokemon) so long s he doesn't hit anything (think Mach Bike in Sky Tower)]
Thief [High Speed] [Learns Thief, can sneak in certain locked doors to new locations, also has the "Sneak" mode, swappable with the normal Running Shoes mode, you may instead sneak, and walk through tall grass avoiding wild Pokemon, works in caves as well, moves at half speed]

If anybody has more questions, or posted in the time it took me to write this out, I'll answer them (or Edit, if somebody posted before I just did)

[Edit] : OH yeah, the Whiting Out thing. Typically in situations, a Trainer/Deulist will drag you back to town (at your expense, half your money per usual), other times, like in deep wild you'll get a different message such as "You wake up in the Spirit Medium's hut." and then the Dream Guide will remark "Your body was possessed and brought back here, Guess your monsters preferred you alive over dead, eh?" Which, good lord, will confuse the piss out of the players that first time. At least until they get to the point where they understand the significance of the Dream World in all this.

Last edited:

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Well I guess my current status is just simply too boring for people to be bothered to reply, so... I think I'll post the starters. (Since this is my 15th post, I'll have to edit, so bear with me for a moment)

[UPDATE - 01/07/09]
(Sneak Peek at the starters for Luna Iridescent)
[The Starters]
Spoiler:

So what do you guys think? Oh and if anybody can suggest a better looking font, please, I'm more than welcoming for those.​

Last edited:
Back