• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Picture is a bit big, so I have it in the spoiler if you want to see it.
Spoiler:

Shiny Darkrai appeared in Platinum ^_^.

On the first turn I had my Smeargle use Spore to put Darkrai to sleep. While it was sleeping, I used Super Fang on it twice to lower its health down to yellow HP. It woke up on the third turn, so I got Smeargle to put it to sleep with Spore.

While it was sleeping, I used Super Fang to lower its HP down to the red range. I then started throwing Luxury Balls at it, but it shook free 4 times, and broke free from 3 shakes twice. I had to put it back to sleep again, as it woke up, so I threw another Luxury Ball.

I was preparing myself to be disappointed, as I figure it would break free. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, click. Shiny Darkrai was caught :D.

After skimming past the scene after Darkrai, I ran into the Pokemon Center and checked out my new shiny. To my surprise, my Timid synchronize actually worked :o.

More pictures:
Shinydex, Darkrai version :p
Shiny Darkrai, Storm/46362
Timid nature, synchronize a success
Stats

I'll be checking its IV's later. I won't be able to celebrate properly, as I'm doing it out of respect for my nan, who passed away this morning. I'm dedicating this shiny to her, may she rest in peace. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

I'm sorry about your nan, remember that she will always be in your heart.
Congratulation on the shiny darkrai.

DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
Now.... hopefully Latias will shine soon. I have some other loose targets, and 2 chain targets I haven't started on yet.... One of them's gonna be hard because it's another GBA Insertion Pokemon, and the other one can end the battle so I'll have to find a way around that.
I still have to train the Pokemon I was going to train too, I just haven't had time and it's Friday already, normally I would say it's good but this week went by too fast.

Yeah, this week was a little faster than normal, maybe the weather is the reason.

Mateus_ said:
nothing new here... I was makin a chain with the ralts but when it was 36 it broke ¬¬
starting again now
*sign*

just take it easy, it will appear soon.

I wonder how's the giratina race going?

good luck everyone.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
For now I'm a little busy trying to do something.
If I'm able to finish before the race ends, then I'll join the race once I get to giratina.
But for now I have some priorities.
Don't worry, still hunting.

GL everyone

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Thank you guys for your kind words yesterday, and thank you for the congrats.

I'm currently levelling up my shiny Giratina to Lvl 100 in Platinum. I have both Giratina and Darkrai EV trained the way I want them, now all I need to do it get them to 100. Giratina is at Lvl 70 and Darkrai is at Lvl 52. After both of them are at Lvl 100, I'm trading all Pokemon and Items I want to keep and I'm starting Platinum over again. I really want to get another Darkrai(not shiny mind you) before the event is over.

I will also SR for my other Platinum shiny targets once I start a new game. My first target will be shiny Regigigas.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
I'm sorry to hear about your Nan, SD. Good job on the find, though.

To the best of my memory, here are my chain breaks for my current target:

All but (29) were broken on "ideal" arrangements. I've used that info to construct some new chaining rules which seem to be working brilliantly thus far. (29) broke by entering a nearby patch which I swore was somewhere else. My game hates me.

My other hunts are temporarily on hold until I've harvest shinies from this chain.

Mateus, Chr Draco: Emerald is a BAD game to SR shinies on! I can't state this enough. The odds of your game carrying a lucky ID are about 1%. This is based on the approximation that there will be around 100 unique Pokémon you'll be seeing over and over again when you SR. The odds that a shiny lies within this small a sample are about 1%.

Edit: To that list, add (12). Broken on the "Free +1" arrangement.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
MetalMario said:
Mateus, Chr Draco: Emerald is a BAD game to SR shinies on! I can't state this enough. The odds of your game carrying a lucky ID are about 1%. This is based on the approximation that there will be around 100 unique Pokémon you'll be seeing over and over again when you SR. The odds that a shiny lies within this small a sample are about 1%.

Edit: To that list, add (12). Broken on the "Free +1" arrangement.

ok, I get it now, so it all depends on how lucky the person is, right?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Today is the first day of class at Uni. :) It's going to be a long trip, since the transit strike is still in effect, but I might find some time for hunting. I'll be changing pace and going after a totally different secret Pokéradar shiny. It's a badass one I've been somewhat interested in since Gen3, but it was much too hard to hunt on R/S/E.
I say you're chaining for Trapinch.

ok, I get it now, so it all depends on how lucky the person is, right?
Everything that isn't a certainty (i.e. shiny hunting as a WHOLE) depends on how lucky the person is. This is no different.

Congrats on the new shinies.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just wanted to let you guys that I just now obtained perhaps the one shiny that might actually make my collection unique.

That shiny is Lileep! After reading about CA getting a shiny Anorith, I said to myself "Regirock hasn't been working out for me lately. I might as well see what I can get from Rustboro." I went to the scientist guy, thinking I had a Claw Fossil waiting for me, but it turns out I gave him a Root Fossil. After doing about 20 soft resets, I began to get discouraged. On one soft reset, I stopped right as I opened the summary for my first Pokemon to watch some more of the TV show I was watching. When I looked back at my screen, I scrolled the summaries of all my Pokemon: first my shiny Scizor, then shiny Lapras, shiny Latias, shiny Venusar, then my normal Relicanth. When I scrolled down to Lileep, it was green, and it had a golden PokeDex number. You better believe that I was shocked!

I don't know what its IVs are exactly, but it does have a Gentle nature, and they're probably the same as my Groudon's IVs. I'm going to go look up some movesets for Lileep/Cradily and see what I can do with it. I still don't know if I can get a Claw Fossil, but if I can, Anorith will be my next target on Emerald. If I can't, I guess I'll just go back to soft resetting for Regirock.

I'm really quite happy with this new shiny. I haven't gotten an SR shiny since Moltres back in August or July of 2008, and Lileep is a shiny that not many others have. I remember how hard G_L hunted for hers, lol. Lileep is really a pretty shiny, too! :D :D :D I'll take a picture now with my camera phone and post it tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Edit2: Since I can't provide a picture, I'll just give stats.

HP: 60
Attack: 26
Defense: 35
SAtk: 31
SDef: 44
Speed: 19

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024

Everything that isn't a certainty (i.e. shiny hunting as a WHOLE) depends on how lucky the person is. This is no different.

Congrats on the new shinies.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just wanted to let you guys that I just now obtained perhaps the one shiny that might actually make my collection unique.

That shiny is Lileep! After reading about CA getting a shiny Anorith, I said to myself "Regirock hasn't been working out for me lately. I might as well see what I can get from Rustboro." I went to the scientist guy, thinking I had a Claw Fossil waiting for me, but it turns out I gave him a Root Fossil. After doing about 20 soft resets, I began to get discouraged. On one soft reset, I stopped right as I opened the summary for my first Pokemon to watch some more of the TV show I was watching. When I looked back at my screen, I scrolled the summaries of all my Pokemon: first my shiny Scizor, then shiny Lapras, shiny Latias, shiny Venusar, then my normal Relicanth. When I scrolled down to Lileep, it was green, and it had a golden PokeDex number. You better believe that I was shocked!

I don't know what its IVs are exactly, but it does have a Gentle nature, and they're probably the same as my Groudon's IVs. I'm going to go look up some movesets for Lileep/Cradily and see what I can do with it. I still don't know if I can get a Claw Fossil, but if I can, Anorith will be my next target on Emerald. If I can't, I guess I'll just go back to soft resetting for Regirock.

I'm really quite happy with this new shiny. I haven't gotten an SR shiny since Moltres back in August or July of 2008, and Lileep is a shiny that not many others have. I remember how hard G_L hunted for hers, lol. Lileep is really a pretty shiny, too! :D :D :D I'll take a picture now with my camera phone and post it tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Edit2: Since I can't provide a picture, I'll just give stats.

HP: 60
Attack: 26
Defense: 35
SAtk: 31
SDef: 44
Speed: 19

I know that finding a shiny is based on luck, but also people say that shinies appearance depends on specific numbers and that the probabilities of finding one is less than 1%. Well, I can only guess that both factors work together. I only wanted to know how the numbers work in emerald.

Congratulations; that was interesting how you got lileep, maybe regirock is close to appear for you.

GL everyone

Years
Wot? Trapinch was an easy hunt on R/S/E. Well, in comparison to most others. I'm the guy who spent hundreds of hours, trained a Jolteon to L100, caught Pokérus and two other shinies by running around in grass looking for a shiny Seviper, remember? :P

Well, the risk/reward aspect is much greater. Getting a lucky ID is super-difficult, but the reward is a lifetime of easy SRs. And good job with Lileep. Even if it's an Emerald shiny. .__. YTMND spoiled Lileep for me. Its appearance is just too suggestive of something.

Two more chains gone, at 17 and 24. I remember the most recent chain break, because it was a very unique arrangement:

Code:
#########
#########
######x##
#########
*###P####
###*#####
#*#######
#########
#########
*: Flashing grass
x: Normal grass
P: Player

Unpatterned grass. Under 13mjvr's guide, that regular grass should, if anything, enhance the odds of the others.

I should bug LoadingNOW/tsanth to look at the Pokéradar patch generation assembly. It can't be far off from the shiny patch code.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thank you two for the congrats!

What is a YTMND? I don't believe I remember reading about that...

And if you did all that, MM, I have NO idea what you're chaining for. Maybe it's a R/S/E Safari Zone shiny? Lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats on the Lileep Fufu.

Well I got shiny Giratina to Lvl 100 late last night, and I am now working on Darkrai. Darkrai is at Lvl 68. When it gets to 98, I will Rare Candy it to Lvl 100(as I only have 2 xD)

I am doing a few resets for shiny Latios in Emerald. I got bored with Regirock a while back, so I'm trying my luck with Latios(I already have a shiny Torchic, 2 Electrode and Registeel), so I'd like for Latios to be my 5th Emerald shiny. SHINE for me Latios!!

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I see that shing in emerald isn't easier but verry dificult =\
but now I awready have the game I'll have to try it out :\
btw got a shiny ralts today... but it was a female >.>
so I'll catch a male one (the chain didn't broke :D) and evolve it to gallade and the female one will be a glavevoir :)
contratz to everyone on new shinies

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
Hello everyone ...
I officially give up on my secret hunt - Corphish on Saphire.
It has been exactly 6 months, 120 days of those months, 50 Corphishes per day ... 10 when I wake up, 20 sometime around lunch and 20 before bed ... 6000, and I am taking a break. I know this is a very low number for you guys :) You do like 12000 per month :D And I am leaving this quest for now, cuz I got bored.
+ I want to buy a new game ... DS + diamond, but I will need to save some money.
GL to all ;)

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Oh wow lol haven't been here in a while, haven't been hunting all that much due to playing games I got for christmas, especially Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. Did help that thye moved this club lol. No new shinies to report. A bunch of people over at Sppf have been getting crazy lucky with their Emerald RNGs and getting multiple shinies over the weekend. Really making me hulk out with green envy since my emerald that got me mudkip hasn't spit out another shiny, so I guess my RNG must be weaaaaak ARGH. Currently trying to SR an Electrode on it, but I have no confidence :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Haven't been here in nearly a week. Been busy reading Love Hina which took me 3 days to read and I also completed The World Ends With You which was worth missing out on shiny hunting. Have a few other things to play before I get back to fully shiny hunting. I need to get my WiFi team read for the tournament I am in and I am hoping to make an all shiny one. So I am trying to breed a shiny Slowpoke with curse but if I can't I will do some normal hunting for a shiny one.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your nan. Gratz on the shiny though.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Yay Finally. This morning I was continuing my efforts at getting my Emerald to spit up an RNG shiny and finally at 8:48AM I looked down and Electrode was blue!! Heh in my haste though I failed to prepare any sort of strategy to catch it, so to prevent it from explodin' I chucked the very Master Ball that was right beside it before lol. I nicknamed it 'BlueBomber' :D
Spoiler:

Weird angled No cheat device pic since it was Dark in my Room
Brave nature, RNG clone of my Mudkip :p Static though woo
Stats, IVs got to be same as mudkip, can't remember how good they were lol

Yay now I proclaim this, the Month of Emerald RNG! Heh I'm gonna try SRing for Kecleon for a while, though I won't forget my other target SNORLAX. That rotund bulk wont shine for me yet either :( good luck everyone on their hunts

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten shinies.

I need to ask a question.

I've been wanting to see if I can stir up another shiny on my first Emerald game. This is the same one that game me my shiny Metagross and Totodile (with same nature IVs etc.).

I found out that I still have an SR target on there: Lileep. And that Pokemon wouldn't mind a Quiet nature like Anorith would.

So I SR'd about 50 times last night and noticed the natures. There was like a pattern or something; I never saw any Quiet natured Lileep, which means no shiny. (Right?) [My Metagross and Totodile share Quiet nature btw]

Out of curiosity I walked around, then came back, saved, and tried somemore. Some of the natures were different but it was like I was stuck with the same natures again. It traded Adamant for Timid, and etc., but still not a single Quiet, which I consider my sweet spot for obvious reasons.

So after about 50 more SRs I decide to kill off a bit more time and go and check out all of the Pokemon I had caught with my Emerald's OT. Out of about... 120 or so Pokemon, only like 5 of them were Quiet natured. (They weren't shiny otherwise I'd be jumping for joy but that's not the point)

So I went back, saved, and started SRing again but got more of the same natures even after the time had elapsed while I was looking through the box.

How much time do I have to wait to get a new batch of numbers/Pokemon? Is this Real Time or Game Time (I.E. 188:59 hours played)

I would love to have a green Lileep and I know my Emerald can give it to me. I just don't know when. :P

Haven't SRed much for Latias or played much of any Pokemon for that matter, I'm taking a small break and playing my other games for a change, but I'm interested in my productive Emerald so I'd like more details on how this stuff works.
Does Emerald have like a set number of numbers it generates or something? I'm confused...

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
lol... I got the male shiny ralts... but forgot to save ¬¬
now chaining again to see if I can be more atentious >.<

Back