• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Oh Geeez ... I Got this Message When I Replaced the ID With Pikachu
[For The Fat guy in little root]
i got this message:S
script.jpg

Link http://medo00972.googlepages.com/script.jpg

-Medo0
Pikachu id is 0x0019, not 1900 because the bytes have to be switched... and you have to delete the word "level", I wrote it to show you where you have to put the level of the pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Last question
What's Wrong with this basic Script
#Dynamic 0x80209E

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Squirtle : Squeeertl

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Code:
compare 0x400C 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x821E2F0
compare 0x400B 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E320
compare 0x400B 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x821E41D
compare 0x400B 0x0
if 0x5 goto 0x821E44D
goto 0x821E080

What "Var-values/commands" need to be set for these
to occur?

I'd be glad if some could help me. ^^

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Code:
compare 0x400C 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x821E2F0
compare 0x400B 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E320
compare 0x400B 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x821E41D
compare 0x400B 0x0
if 0x5 goto 0x821E44D
goto 0x821E080

to occur?

mmm... I don't understand your question...

tImE

Years
mmm... I don't understand your question...

"compare 0x400C 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350"

"compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x_______"
is the same as
"compare Lastresult 0x1
if b_true goto 0x_______",
This checks if 0x1 occured and
if it did, then it jumps to "0x_______"

Compare 0x400C is the same thing
it just compare different values/variables.

I need to know which variables and values which
need to be set in order to get the
script to continue.

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
:)

Okay, this is definitely the last time I'm coming here.

I have this problem, with the starter town of my hack.
Every time I place a OW in the hack map, hes in the trees. :(
Somehow..

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, this is definitely the last time I'm coming here.

I have this problem, with the starter town of my hack.
Every time I place a OW in the hack map, hes in the trees. :(
Somehow..

Is it Fire Red and is the town built on Pallet town? Coz it has a level script that moves a NPC to where a trainer tips sign was in the original game.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need help

ROM: Fire Red
Version: BPRE
Script Editor: XSE
Script: Level Script

Spoiler:

A-map settings

Spoiler:

Please note: This is my first level script. I am not completely sure on how to make them. I was given some brief details about them and I didn't understand so by looking at level scripts in a ROM I tried this one as a test. Also please explain any corrections made and if possible, please can you give a link to a tutorial on level scripts. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Is it Fire Red and is the town built on Pallet town? Coz it has a level script that moves a NPC to where a trainer tips sign was in the original game.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need help

ROM: Fire Red
Version: BPRE
Script Editor: XSE
Script: Level Script

Spoiler:

A-map settings

Spoiler:

Please note: This is my first level script. I am not completely sure on how to make them. I was given some brief details about them and I didn't understand so by looking at level scripts in a ROM I tried this one as a test. Also please explain any corrections made and if possible, please can you give a link to a tutorial on level scripts. Thanks in advance.
A tutorial can be found HERE (at the end of the first post)... However, you have to put the value "02 validates values, load handler at..." and compile the "flag" and "value" box in A. Map

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I just learned how to make level scripts, and everything is working fine except for one problem I'm running into. You see I set a flag in the beginning of the game to hide a sprite in one of the houses in pallet town. That flag was 112. So the sprite was hidden. Then I went and made a script that when I talk to a man he leads him to his house, and in his house I put a level script where he gives me a Pokemon (celebi). It all works fine, and I get the Celebi and everything. I made it so that the flag I set in the beginning of the game is cleared when I talk to the man, because I want the sprite in the house that he's leading me to to be visible again. So, the sprite is visible again and all works fine. HOWEVER, my problem is that when I go into the house without talking to the old man, as soon as I enter the house, the game freezes... Or at least the character freezes. I've been trying to solve this for like 2 weeks but to no avail... any help?

Here are my 2 scripts:

The first one, when the old man leads me to his house (this one works fine)

Spoiler:

Here is the LEVEL script:

Spoiler:

NOTE: I'm probably 100% sure that the problem isn't with the script, rather with the way I'm setting up the level script. The type of level script I'm using is the one "02 Validates Values, loads handler to 0x0300EB0" And I put the "Flag" as 4033 and the "Value" as 0000. Every time I try to put this same level script using a different type, the game freezes.

Now, I have two more questions: How do I make a script where if I.. say.. for example push a button, like the one behind the poster in celadon game corner in FR, and when the button is pushed I want a staircase to appear. How would that work?

How would I make it so each time you enter a map, different wild pokemon appear, like in GSC when you solve the puzzle and each time you solve it more unown appear in the cavern.

Years
I can't get this to work. It's my first try at a level script.
Spoiler:

I've got the persons ID at 1000. I made it Script type 2 in the A-Map header. Flag is 4033, value is 0000, the script offset is in offset 2. The script is supposed to happen when you walk down the stairs into the first floor of your house but it restarts the game if you enter the stairs.

Larsie13

I've seen a few errors. Changes are bold.
I can't get this to work. It's my first try at a level script.
Spoiler:

I've got the persons ID at 1000. I made it Script type 2 in the A-Map header. Flag is 4033, value is 0000, the script offset is in offset 2. The script is supposed to happen when you walk down the stairs into the first floor of your house but it restarts the game if you enter the stairs.

Larsie13

Did you change the numbers for showsprite and applymovement? And I just saw that the second applymovement is also wrong. It shouldn't be 0x1000, but the [Person event no] from Advance Map.

EDIT: You could try this tutorial if it still doesn't work.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I just learned how to make level scripts, and everything is working fine except for one problem I'm running into. You see I set a flag in the beginning of the game to hide a sprite in one of the houses in pallet town. That flag was 112. So the sprite was hidden. Then I went and made a script that when I talk to a man he leads him to his house, and in his house I put a level script where he gives me a Pokemon (celebi). It all works fine, and I get the Celebi and everything. I made it so that the flag I set in the beginning of the game is cleared when I talk to the man, because I want the sprite in the house that he's leading me to to be visible again. So, the sprite is visible again and all works fine. HOWEVER, my problem is that when I go into the house without talking to the old man, as soon as I enter the house, the game freezes... Or at least the character freezes. I've been trying to solve this for like 2 weeks but to no avail... any help?

Here are my 2 scripts:

The first one, when the old man leads me to his house (this one works fine)

Spoiler:

Here is the LEVEL script:

Spoiler:

NOTE: I'm probably 100% sure that the problem isn't with the script, rather with the way I'm setting up the level script. The type of level script I'm using is the one "02 Validates Values, loads handler to 0x0300EB0" And I put the "Flag" as 4033 and the "Value" as 0000. Every time I try to put this same level script using a different type, the game freezes.

Now, I have two more questions: How do I make a script where if I.. say.. for example push a button, like the one behind the poster in celadon game corner in FR, and when the button is pushed I want a staircase to appear. How would that work?

How would I make it so each time you enter a map, different wild pokemon appear, like in GSC when you solve the puzzle and each time you solve it more unown appear in the cavern.
mmm... for the house, the problem is probably that var 0x4033 is setted to a wrong value when you enter the house... you can try to change the var (for example Var: 5000 Value: 0000) and of course change it in the script too...

For the stairs to appear, you have to use this command (you can see it also in XSE command help):
setmaptile [XXXX position] [YYYY position] [ZZZZ block number] [AAAA movement permission]

tImE

Years
Code:
compare 0x400C 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x821E2F0
compare 0x400B 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x821E320
compare 0x400B 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x821E350
compare 0x400B 0x8
if 0x1 goto 0x821E41D
compare 0x400B 0x0
if 0x5 goto 0x821E44D
goto 0x821E080

to occur?

Why do everyone always ignore me? :'(
Andryandrew, thanks for at least recognizing my post...

Anyway, I still need help with this...

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Game: Fire red
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

the problem is, the second camera movement moves the person id 004, and the after battle parts won't work.
(I realize I'm in over my head xD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back