• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Region Map Hex Pointer Thing

aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I change world map ruby with A-Map but it doesn't work in Fly Map.
Help me.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I'm not a junkie. :( I just need to script every day, otherwise I have withdrawal. :\

Anyway...

0x47 = Jump Facing Down (Up)

That's what you want, I think.

EDIT: This is for FireRed by the way.
I actually wanted the opposite of that. I want him to face up, then jump back. Thanks though.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)
Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.

Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

That is to edit the appearance.
Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
(Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

That is to edit the appearance.
Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
(Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.
Yes, you can MODIFY the worldMap, but you cannot create a NEW ONE (like Ark_Silvanos wanted to do)
the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
If i edit the world map of Ruby with A-Map, the world map when i fly (or in Pokenav) will have many glitches.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
no i was wanting A-battle i heard it on another website but couldnt find it....is there such thing?

Years
@0m3GA ARS3NAL:- will it work with 4bpp format thing? in the other tutorials they say work with 8bpp format thing......oh well....i'll try it out both ways......(its gonna take a long time......)

If worst comes to worst.....i'll just use the defaut tile set thing and make a map....(it'll look kinda sloppy tho.....)

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Halp.

Okay, after previously asking for help with my ROM. I finally fixed the Riolu sprite. But there is no shiny paletee. Oh well.
But, now, does anyone have an Indexed Lucario and Backsprite sprite?
If so could you PM me?
Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how do you change the cries of pokemon?

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
I think you have to edit the tiles. I don't know exactly how, I have to find the offsets and stuff. Look at thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation it might explain a little bit more on editing animations like flowers, doors, etc.

Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.

Guess what? I already read the Grass Animation Tutorial. You know what it's about? Grass animation.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
In the gba games, how do you edit the little sprites on the Pokemon menu?
Please PM the answer if you can, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back