• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
MartEd GSC

Wow, feels weird, posting in a seemingly old topic... But there's something I've noticed. Your TM Editor for G/S/C, well the link, won't work. So we can't download the editor. Is there any possible way you can re-upload it, if you're still here?

Hey Autumn Skye, I am still alive... just. Exam season at the minute so I am WAY busy. Anyway, I shall be uploading that tool shortly and updating it to work with all language ROMs.

In the mean time, I have done something I have been putting off for AGES! That is updating my GSC Mart Editor. May I present to you all,

MartEd GSC

martedgsc.png

It's been a long time coming, but finally a PokéMart editor for all language ROMs for Gold, Silver and Crystal! It should work fine, but any bugs give me a bell!

Download

You can expect the updated TM editor this weekend. Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Nice, the old one had a few glitches on my computer, but that was probably only because my computer sucks. I've also got a tool request. I really think you should make a world map editor. I mean, I know you can use HFD, but it's black and white, and really time-consuming to use.

Just a suggestion, but....

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't get MartEd GSC to work, it shows the items are editted, but when I play the Crystal Rom, and go to the Mart that I editted, the items aren't editted to what the MartEd GSC says they are

Swampert 22

Years
Nice, the old one had a few glitches on my computer, but that was probably only because my computer sucks. I've also got a tool request. I really think you should make a world map editor. I mean, I know you can use HFD, but it's black and white, and really time-consuming to use.

Just a suggestion, but....

Well Melash, it isn't as if I haven't looked into it. Only it is quite complecated to program. Have you heard of a program called KartenEditor it's a german world map editor for G/S that works in windows however it only has the german offsets. If you look at the ini, if there is one, you may be able to add offsets in there... Just an idea...

I can't get MartEd GSC to work, it shows the items are editted, but when I play the Crystal Rom, and go to the Mart that I editted, the items aren't editted to what the MartEd GSC says they are

Right, Konekodemon, I think the problem may be with your ROM. Right click it and goto properties. I'll bet that it is set to read only, making the program unable to save the changes. By default, all ROMs are set to this. I have tested the tool on more than one mart, and I can assure you it works. Try this and if it doesn't work post back here and I'll see what I can do :D

On a side note, I should have the updated TM editor out later today!:)

Swampert 22

Years
I went and checked it and it's not under Read Only

Hmm and it's still not working? I don't understand. I hesitate to insult your intelligence, but you are hitting 'Save' before you test it out aren't you? And does MartEd GSC display the changes when you re-open the program to the mart you edited?

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
yes and yes, but never really appears on the Rom itself, maybe I need to go see Mr. Pokemon first and take the egg to Prof. Elm, before it will work, as maybe it's cause I can't use PokeBalls yet

Swampert 22

Years
yes and yes, but never really appears on the Rom itself, maybe I need to go see Mr. Pokemon first and take the egg to Prof. Elm, before it will work, as maybe it's cause I can't use PokeBalls yet

You were exactly right Konekodemon, so I have made the ammendments to the program, credited you, and released an update! ;)

Now, you can edit the items sold in the Cherrygrove PokéMart BEFORE you take the Mystery Egg to Prof. Elm. I have also fixed a couple of things that were bugging me that I forgot to change from when I made this program in May last year. On the item selection, pressing a letter will cycle you through the items. When loading a ROM after you have edited another, the program will reset the fields, as before it could have saved garbage from the previous ROM.

Download update here!

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
are you going to be making it where you can edit the prices of the items

Swampert 22

Years
are you going to be making it where you can edit the prices of the items

Already done a couple of months ago ;)

Download ItemEd GSC, it will allow you to edit the price of the item, amongst other things and includes Coolboyman's tutorial for advanced item editing! Try it out!:D

Swampert 22

Years
I wish you could add the GS Ball to the list, that would be cool

Well it is possible! You could add it in a blank Teru-Sama space by going to a blank spot in ItemEd GSC and changing all the attributes to one of a 'non-functioning' Key Item such as The Card Key. Doesn't do anything by itself, but when checked if present in a script you can do whatever you want, presumedly making a Celebi appear. Then simply open up your favorite hex editor with table support and change the name to "GS Ball".

Swampert 22

Years
I don't know how to do all that stuff

Lol well don't worry about it then! Focus on making your hack with tools first, then as you get more confident, you can progress to use a hex editor, which is really how the tools work. They find specific hex bytes and change them to what you desire, through a handy UI. Give it time, read tutorials, and your hacking knowledge will increase. I have been hacking for years now, so it does take time :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I don't know how to do all that stuff

I found out that in mart editor GS Ball is one of the N/A's there.
Also Clear bell is one of them and then the rest are teru-samas.

And swampert your mart editor is great, more than just great since in my hack hero goes to blackthorn city at first.

EDIT: You probably want to make GS Ball a collectable item. Then do this:
1. Choose one normal ball
2. Edit its text block to 55 and it should be GS Ball

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
oh, I was answering someone else, answering to someone who got there post deleted, sorry

Swampert 22

Years
I found out that in mart editor GS Ball is one of the N/A's there.
Also Clear bell is one of them and then the rest are teru-samas.

And swampert your mart editor is great, more than just great since in my hack hero goes to blackthorn city at first.

EDIT: You probably want to make GS Ball a collectable item. Then do this:
1. Choose one normal ball
2. Edit its text block to 55 and it should be GS Ball

Nice discovery, I forgot about Crystal exclusive items, so I have added them into the list but in brackets, so it is obvious they only work in Crystal, putting them in Gold or Silver will just result in Teru-Sama items.

Did you know there was also Blue Card and Egg Ticket? If you select items after the HMs you get extra HMs, upto HM12! I think they're just glitch items however.

Only update if you really want it!

Download

Swampert 22

Years
TMMaster GSC

OK. So I didn't release an update for the GSC TM editor at the weekend, but for good reason. I didn't want to chuck out a simple update, I wanted to totally overhaul the program to add functionality for all language ROMs and to add some more features, most importantly the ability to modify which Pokémon are compatible with the TMs and HMs.

After a long time, I finally release:

TMMaster GSC!

tmmasterscreen.png

tmmasterpkmn.png

Obviously as a first release there are going to be bugs, so I would appreciate it if you find any glitches, just post here so I can fix them up!

EDIT 23/01/2009 Updated the link with a bugfix!

Download

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back