• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Capcom lords of repetitive games

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yeah i know title is very confusing but its true. I mean every single game i play its the same. Resident evil devil may cry onimusha they all use the same engine. Now i am not syaing the games are bad(they are all special in their own little way) but when it comes to gameplay it gets a bit repetitive. Except may cry. There you at least get to jump. Anyone else?

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I find it really laughable that you have the bottle to call another company "lord of repetative games" when you're a Nintendo fan.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yep i sure as hell do. I know ok nintendo does get a bit repetitive but in a different way. Capcom does this through their game engine not story or anything.

Years
Are you serious?
Why should Capcom create a new engine if MT Framework can get the job done?
Not to mention the fact that it's really easy to port the games to all platforms. Are you suggesting they scrap a perfectly fine engine because you think it's repetitive to reuse it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Yeah i know title is very confusing but its true. I mean every single game i play its the same. Resident evil devil may cry onimusha they all use the same engine. Now i am not syaing the games are bad(they are all special in their own little way) but when it comes to gameplay it gets a bit repetitive. Except may cry. There you at least get to jump. Anyone else?

In general, most shooters will get repetitive at one point or another. However, you do realize that Capcom has more series than those, correct? Street Fighter and Mega Man come to mind, neither of which run the same engine.

Years
RE,Onimusha and Devil May Cry are all very different. Heck RE4 and 5 don't play anything like the previous RE's either. I don't see how you can fault them based on the engines either. The only repetetive series is Street Fighter and that's because they made like 50 billion versions of the same game. One can argue Megaman also but they took a long break with the main series, X is done and the EXE games were really different than normal Megaman.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Practically every company releases "the same game" over and over.
To be honest I didn't fully realise until recently.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Um, sweetie. You're basis on your entire argument is completely frivolous.
None of Capcom's games are similar to each other. Street Fighter and the vs. Capcom series are different. Mega Man and the Mega Man X series are completely different. As Slimer stated, the Resident Evil series changed with each game and than drastically changed once they reach 4. Maybe you should actually play the games thoroughly. =p

Back