The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old January 25th, 2009 (12:05 AM).
496D2059756E67686F7665 496D2059756E67686F7665 is offline
Banned
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Posts: 2
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 goto $end
    message $where
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x1000
    release
    end
    
    #org $where
    $where = Where...\pWhere am I...?
    
    #org $end
    release
    end

    Relevant Advertising!

      #302    
    Old January 25th, 2009 (12:45 AM).
    Madridista's Avatar
    Madridista Madridista is offline
    -#666
       
      Join Date: Nov 2008
      Location: Sydney, Australia
      Age: 20
      Gender:
      Posts: 40
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 496D2059756E67686F7665 View Post
      Code:
      #org $start
      lock
      checkflag 0x1000
      if 0x1 goto $end
      message $where
      boxset 6
      setflag 0x1000
      release
      end
      
      #org $where
      $where = Where...\pWhere am I...?
      
      #org $end
      release
      end
      You posted a PoketScript script. It clearly says (in my post) I'm using XSE. Anyway, how the hell is that suppose to help me?
        #303    
      Old January 25th, 2009 (12:56 AM). Edited January 25th, 2009 by TB Pro.
      TB Pro's Avatar
      TB Pro TB Pro is offline
      Old-timer
         
        Join Date: Nov 2004
        Location: Midwestern USA
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 2,739
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
        You posted a PoketScript script. It clearly says (in my post) I'm using XSE. Anyway, how the hell is that suppose to help me?
        Umm, if you use your brain, wonderful things happen. XSE and Pokescript vary only a small bit. He was trying to help, quit being a dick, please.

        Code:
        #org @start
        lock
        checkflag 0x1000
        if 0x1 goto @end
        message @where 0x6
        setflag 0x1000
        release
        end
        
        #org @where
        = Where...\pWhere am I...?
        
        #org @end
        release
        end
        See, what's different? "$" = "@" and "$where =" = "=", so yeah.


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by hot_kage View Post
        once again i have another script
        (im a bad scripter xD)
        Code:
        #dynamic 0x26D9C0
        
        #org @start
        lock
        faceplayer
        msgbox @hello 
        boxset 0x6
        msgbox @go 
        boxset 0x5
        compare 0x800D 0x1 or compare LASTRESULT 1
        if 0x0 goto @end
        message @go2 0x6
        applymovement 0x10 @move2
        applymovement 0xFF @move3
        applymovement 0xFF @move
        waitmovement 0x0
        fadescreen 0x0
        warp 0x3 0x1 0x0 0x23 0x11
        release
        end
        
        
        #org @hello
        = Hello [PLAYER].\nThis [blue_fr]UNDERWATER TUNNEL[black_fr]Leads To\lThe Underwater Haven of\l[blue_fr]OCEANIA CITY.\l
        
        #org @go
        = [PLAYER], Would You Like To Vist\n[blue_fr]OCEANIA CITY[black_fr] via [blue_fr]UNDERWATER\lTUNNEL?
        
        #org @move2
        #raw 0x0C 0x0E 0x02 0xFE
        
        #org @move3
        #raw 0x1D 0xFE
        
        #org @go2
        = Okay!\nTake This [blue_fr]DIVING GEAR[black_fr]and..\lDIVE!
        
        #org @move
        #raw 0x66 0x1E 0x15 0x60 0xFE
        
        #org @end
        release
        end
        Problem: Once It Reaches The boxset 0x5
        if 0x0 goto @go2
        if 0x1 goto @end
        it just stops when you press yes or no
        (and btw which is which; is 0x0 yes and 0x1 no?)
        Fixes in bold. I'm not exactly sure what you want with this, but this should work. 0x1 = Yes, 0x0 = No
        __________________
        --I'm a creepin'..
          #304    
        Old January 25th, 2009 (5:09 AM).
        Abbandon's Avatar
        Abbandon Abbandon is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: UK
          Age: 28
          Gender:
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 75
          Hi, i'm really new to scripting. Had a quick look through this thread and read a couple of XSE tutorials.

          But couldn't find out what i want.
          I want to know if its possible in firered to make the RIVAL appear from nowhere.
          So once OAK takes you into the lab and you approach him, the RIVAL appears.

          any form of help is appreciated. thank you
            #305    
          Old January 25th, 2009 (8:36 AM).
          Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
          Italian Asm Hacker
             
            Join Date: Mar 2007
            Age: 23
            Gender:
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 117
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Abbandon View Post
            Hi, i'm really new to scripting. Had a quick look through this thread and read a couple of XSE tutorials.

            But couldn't find out what i want.
            I want to know if its possible in firered to make the RIVAL appear from nowhere.
            So once OAK takes you into the lab and you approach him, the RIVAL appears.

            any form of help is appreciated. thank you
            it's possible, of course... you have to create a Rival's sprite in A.Map in a place that you want. Then, you set Its peopleID to a value between 2000-3000. Make a script somewhere in the game BEFORE you can enter the first time in OAK's Lab (Ex. in your room, a script next to the stairs) that set this id:
            Setflag 0xrival'sPeopleID
            Where rival'sPeopleID isthe number you've chosen before.
            Then, when you want Rival to appear, just deactivate this command:
            Clearflag 0xrival'sPeopleID
            __________________

            Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
            Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
            I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

            Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
              #306    
            Old January 25th, 2009 (4:01 PM).
            пзо's Avatar
            пзо пзо is offline
            zzirRusty
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 222
              Base: FireRed
              Script compiler: XSE
              Type: Levelscript..
              Problem: This script dont start.. Why?

              Spoiler:
              #dynamic 0x800000

              #org @start
              checkflag 0x828
              lockall
              givepokemon 0x29 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
              applymovement 0xFF @gotonurse
              waitmovement 0x0
              msgbox @howmaywehelpyou 0x2
              msgbox @haveyougot 0x2
              msgbox @didyou 0x2
              msgbox @yes 0x2
              msgbox @wehave 0x2
              fanfare 0x13E
              msgbox @recieved 0x4
              waitfanfare
              closeonkeypress
              showpokepic 0x020 0xA 0x3
              msgbox @infomation 0x2
              hidepokepic
              msgbox @thanks 0x2
              setflag 0x828
              setvar 7000 0x2
              releaseall
              end

              #org @gotonurse
              #raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

              #org @howmaywehelpyou
              = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Hello. welcome to\nthe Revior town Pokémon Center.\lHow may I serve you?

              #org @haveyougot
              = [green_fr][player]: Errm yea. I was wandering\nif there were anymore Pokémon up\lfor grabs. And im sorry for\lcoming so late..

              #org @didyou
              = [green_fr][player]: Also.. Did you see a boy\nnamed [player], he was supposed to\lcome with me..

              #org @yes
              = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Yes I did. He\ncame over Half an hour\lago.. [green_fr][player]: I knew it.. Its my\lfault for being so late..

              #org @wehave
              = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Well its your\nluckey day, a Nidoran has just\lrecovered from a Fatal injory..\lAnd by the looks of you.. I\lthink you'd be the perfect\lperson for it. Here you go!

              #org @infomation
              = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: I have\nsome infomation about nidoran;\lIts a POISON type.\lAnymore infomation will be\lobtained through a Pokédex..\lWhich is somthing I can supply\lyou with..

              #org @thanks
              = [red_fr][green_fr]: Ohh thanks Nurse joy.\nI hope to see you again.\lPerhaps when I need to heal my\lpokemon? Bye!

              #org @recieved
              = [black_fr][player] Received [green_fr]NIDORAN.
              __________________
              | Pokémon Obsidian | Pokémon Mystical Glacier |
              Yeah, I said it, Pokémon Mystical Glacier..
              Its comming back.. Better than ever.
              Along side Pokémon Obsidian.
                #307    
              Old January 25th, 2009 (5:35 PM). Edited January 25th, 2009 by hot_kage.
              hot_kage's Avatar
              hot_kage hot_kage is offline
              I am like a rose cute and calm
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Location: Long Beach , California
                Age: 23
                Gender:
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 35
                omfg sorry i have another script
                Code:
                #dynamic 0x2ECA30
                
                #org @start
                lock
                faceplayer
                checkflag 0x2030
                if 0x1 goto @emit
                setflag 0x2030
                msgbox @emit 0x6
                cry 0x26 0x0
                wildbattle 0x26 0x23 0xD7  
                fadescreen 0x1
                fadescreen 0x0
                hidesprite 0x800F
                release
                end
                
                #org @emit
                = A [red_fr]Fierce Fiery[black_fr] Power Emits\nFrom This Stone..
                Problem: The Script Doesn't Start
                any ideas
                  #308    
                Old January 25th, 2009 (9:24 PM).
                colcolstyles's Avatar
                colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                Yours truly
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: The Bay Area
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 1,584
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by пзо View Post
                Base: FireRed
                Script compiler: XSE
                Type: Levelscript..
                Problem: This script dont start.. Why?

                Spoiler:
                #dynamic 0x800000

                #org @start
                checkflag 0x828
                lockall
                givepokemon 0x29 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                applymovement 0xFF @gotonurse
                waitmovement 0x0
                msgbox @howmaywehelpyou 0x2
                msgbox @haveyougot 0x2
                msgbox @didyou 0x2
                msgbox @yes 0x2
                msgbox @wehave 0x2
                fanfare 0x13E
                msgbox @recieved 0x4
                waitfanfare
                closeonkeypress
                showpokepic 0x020 0xA 0x3
                msgbox @infomation 0x2
                hidepokepic
                msgbox @thanks 0x2
                setflag 0x828
                setvar 7000 0x2
                releaseall
                end

                #org @gotonurse
                #raw 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

                #org @howmaywehelpyou
                = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Hello. welcome to\nthe Revior town Pokémon Center.\lHow may I serve you?

                #org @haveyougot
                = [green_fr][player]: Errm yea. I was wandering\nif there were anymore Pokémon up\lfor grabs. And im sorry for\lcoming so late..

                #org @didyou
                = [green_fr][player]: Also.. Did you see a boy\nnamed [player], he was supposed to\lcome with me..

                #org @yes
                = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Yes I did. He\ncame over Half an hour\lago.. [green_fr][player]: I knew it.. Its my\lfault for being so late..

                #org @wehave
                = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: Well its your\nluckey day, a Nidoran has just\lrecovered from a Fatal injory..\lAnd by the looks of you.. I\lthink you'd be the perfect\lperson for it. Here you go!

                #org @infomation
                = [red_fr]Nurse Joy: I have\nsome infomation about nidoran;\lIts a POISON type.\lAnymore infomation will be\lobtained through a Pokédex..\lWhich is somthing I can supply\lyou with..

                #org @thanks
                = [red_fr][green_fr]: Ohh thanks Nurse joy.\nI hope to see you again.\lPerhaps when I need to heal my\lpokemon? Bye!

                #org @recieved
                = [black_fr][player] Received [green_fr]NIDORAN.
                Well, seeing how it's a level script, you probably didn't insert it correctly. Don't ask me to explain it. Cooley wrote a tutorial on it so look it up.

                Anyways, here are some tips:
                - Your "checkflag" does absolutely nothing
                - Don't use multiple "msgbox" commands in a row, just make one.
                - Your current fanfare playing part of the script will be awkward ingame
                - Your "setvar" variable should probably be "0x7000" not "7000". The way you have it, it will use the decimal 7000 as a variable instead of the hexadecimal value (which is 28672 in decimal format). I'm not really going to explain that either. Google it.

                All of those won't prevent a script from starting though. Usually when a script fails to activate, something is wrong with the way the script it being used, not the script itself (unless you really screwed something up). I can't really help you much more that that.
                __________________

                Brother of Vrai
                  #309    
                Old January 26th, 2009 (5:15 AM).
                Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                Italian Asm Hacker
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2007
                  Age: 23
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 117
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hot_kage View Post
                  omfg sorry i have another script
                  Code:
                  #dynamic 0x2ECA30
                  
                  #org @start
                  lock
                  faceplayer
                  checkflag 0x2030
                  if 0x1 goto @emit
                  setflag 0x2030
                  msgbox @msg 0x6
                  cry 0x26 0x0
                  wildbattle 0x26 0x23 0xD7  
                  fadescreen 0x0
                  fadescreen 0x1
                  hidesprite 0x800F
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org @emit
                  msgbox @msg 6
                  release
                  end
                  
                  #org @msg
                  = A [red_fr]Fierce Fiery[black_fr] Power Emits\nFrom This Stone..
                  Problem: The Script Doesn't Start
                  any ideas
                  changes are in bold... I think you went wrong with fadescreen, so I corrected it
                  __________________

                  Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
                  Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                  I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                  Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                    #310    
                  Old January 26th, 2009 (8:28 AM).
                  Aljam's Avatar
                  Aljam Aljam is offline
                  Pierce the heavens
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 583
                  i looked through all the tutorials and understood th gist of it and was wonder if anyone could help me wit flags. i want to know how to make a flag in your room and then when your about to go down the stairs it says "[player], are you finished packing? [rival] was here an hour ago and left because you were still sleeping." i have the script but when i use the check flag and go to the stairs the game messes up. can somebody help?
                  __________________
                  Paired with Druyii.
                    #311    
                  Old January 26th, 2009 (9:48 AM).
                  Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                  Italian Asm Hacker
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                    Age: 23
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 117
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Aljam View Post
                    i looked through all the tutorials and understood th gist of it and was wonder if anyone could help me wit flags. i want to know how to make a flag in your room and then when your about to go down the stairs it says "[player], are you finished packing? [rival] was here an hour ago and left because you were still sleeping." i have the script but when i use the check flag and go to the stairs the game messes up. can somebody help?
                    The checkflag construct is simply:
                    checkflag [flag number]'this check if a certain flag is activated
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1'this compare the value of previous flag (that is 0=not set, 1=set)
                    if B_TRUE goto @example'this go to @example if previous compare returns TRUE (so, if the flag is set)
                    where [flag number] is a number between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF (but you can use numbers between 0x1000 and 0x1500, that aren't used by the game).
                    To set a flag (so, to make its value = 0x1) you have to use setflag [flag number]
                    To clear a flag (so, to make its value = 0x0) you have to use clearflag [flag number]
                    __________________

                    Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
                    Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                    I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                    Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                      #312    
                    Old January 26th, 2009 (12:09 PM).
                    Aljam's Avatar
                    Aljam Aljam is offline
                    Pierce the heavens
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 583
                    ok thks also what is a go byte to look for for free space? when i try to do a script of any sort the game freezes or the person event i set does nothing. also after i write my script and compile it
                    i try to open it and it dosent show my script it just says" '----------------------------"
                    #org 0x(offset)

                    anyways i think it might be all related and i need help

                    ps sorry for posting alot! i am finally trying to script!
                    __________________
                    Paired with Druyii.
                      #313    
                    Old January 26th, 2009 (4:04 PM).
                    Quickster's Avatar
                    Quickster Quickster is offline
                    Dream or Drop?
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 351
                      heres an event tile script on fire red,with xse

                      Spoiler:
                      #dynamic 0x80012A

                      #org @start
                      checkflag 0x300
                      if 0x1 goto @done
                      textcolor 0x01
                      applymovement 0x01 @move
                      waitmovement 0x0
                      msgbox @talk 0x2
                      applymovement 0x01 @move1
                      setflag 0x300
                      release
                      end

                      #org @done
                      release
                      end

                      #org @move
                      #raw 0x13
                      #raw 0x13
                      #raw 0x01

                      #org @move1
                      #raw 0x12
                      #raw 0x12

                      #org @talk
                      = Oh, \v\h01! Our neighbor, PROF.ELM,\nwas looking for you.\pHe said he wanted you to do some-\nthing for him.\pOh, and remember that your cell\n phone is in your pocket.


                      i step on the tile and the sprite does both movements right away then my sprite freezes.
                      whats wrong with it?
                      __________________
                      I laugh looking at this.

                      But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                        #314    
                      Old January 26th, 2009 (5:07 PM).
                      hot_kage's Avatar
                      hot_kage hot_kage is offline
                      I am like a rose cute and calm
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                        Location: Long Beach , California
                        Age: 23
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 35
                        uggh sorry im suck a bad scripter
                        Code:
                        #dynamic 0x2D511B
                        
                        #org @start
                        checkflag 0x1555
                        if 0x1 goto @end
                        msgbox @havarna 0x6
                        msgbox @ticket 0x6
                        msgbox @737 0x6
                        fanfare 0x13E
                        waitfanfare 
                        setflag 0x1555
                        special 0x17B
                        warp 0x3 0x58 0x1 0x10 0x18
                        release
                        end
                        
                        #org @move
                        #raw 0x01 0xFE
                        
                        #org @havarna 
                        = Your Going To HAVARNA ACADEMY?\nOkay! Good Luck [PLAYER] !\l
                        
                        #org @ticket
                        = I Almost Forgot [Player]!\lThe Last SHUTTLE Left.\lYou'll Have To Wait.\l
                        
                        #org @737
                        = [red_fr]................................\n................................\lHAVARNA SHUTTLE 737 DOCKED.\l
                        
                        #org @end
                        release
                        end
                        Problem: When it gets to the warp it warps to the wrong place
                        any ideas?
                          #315    
                        Old January 26th, 2009 (6:04 PM). Edited January 30th, 2009 by Austinia.
                        Austinia's Avatar
                        Austinia Austinia is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: California
                          Age: 24
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 152
                          Ok, so I made a quiz script... and theres several things I've found wrong with it...
                          >If you get a question wrong, she does not let you retake the quiz (though the setflag should only activate if you get it right) and when you beat the quiz, she repeats the [email protected]' message twice and does not give you the prize. Then when you try to talk to her, she says nothing.

                          Anyways, I took out the messages but hopefully it's still fixable :/ I'll be trying to fix it. Thanks for any help!
                          Spoiler:
                          #dynamic 0x800000

                          #org @start
                          lock
                          faceplayer
                          checkflag 0x109
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @alreadytookquiz
                          msgbox @liketotakequiz 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @takequizandquestion
                          msgbox @noquiz 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @alreadytookquiz
                          msgbox @done 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @takequizandquestion
                          msgbox @question1 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @correct1
                          msgbox @wrong1 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @correct1
                          msgbox @question2 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @correct2
                          msgbox @wrong2 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @correct2
                          msgbox @question3 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x0 goto @correct3
                          msgbox @wrong3 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @correct3
                          msgbox @question4 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @correct4
                          msgbox @wrong4 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @correct4
                          msgbox @question5 0x5
                          compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                          if 0x1 goto @correct5
                          msgbox @wrong5 0x2
                          release
                          end

                          #org @correct5
                          msgbox @winner 0x2
                          setflag 0x109
                          giveitem 0xCD 0x1 0x6
                          release
                          end

                          #org @question1
                          =

                          #org @wrong1
                          =

                          #org @question2
                          =

                          #org @wrong2
                          =

                          #org @question3
                          =

                          #org @wrong3
                          =

                          #org @question4
                          =

                          #org @wrong4
                          =

                          #org @question5
                          =

                          #org @wrong5
                          =

                          #org @winner
                          =

                          #org @done
                          =

                          #org @liketotakequiz
                          =

                          #org @noquiz
                          =
                          still need help
                            #316    
                          Old January 26th, 2009 (6:32 PM).
                          colcolstyles's Avatar
                          colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                          Yours truly
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Location: The Bay Area
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 1,584
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
                          heres an event tile script on fire red,with xse

                          Spoiler:
                          #dynamic 0x80012A

                          #org @start
                          checkflag 0x300
                          if 0x1 goto @done
                          textcolor 0x01
                          applymovement 0x01 @move
                          waitmovement 0x0
                          msgbox @talk 0x2
                          applymovement 0x01 @move1
                          setflag 0x300
                          release
                          end

                          #org @done
                          release
                          end

                          #org @move
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x01

                          #org @move1
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0x12

                          #org @talk
                          = Oh, \v\h01! Our neighbor, PROF.ELM,\nwas looking for you.\pHe said he wanted you to do some-\nthing for him.\pOh, and remember that your cell\n phone is in your pocket.


                          i step on the tile and the sprite does both movements right away then my sprite freezes.
                          whats wrong with it?
                          At the end of your movements, you need a "#raw 0xFE" to tell the script that that's the last movement. For example, your movements should be:
                          Code:
                          #org @move
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x01
                          #raw 0xFE
                          
                          #org @move1
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0xFE
                          __________________

                          Brother of Vrai
                            #317    
                          Old January 27th, 2009 (4:33 AM).
                          Larsie13 Larsie13 is offline
                          Gone
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2006
                          Location: The Netherlands
                          Age: 26
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 159
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                          At the end of your movements, you need a "#raw 0xFE" to tell the script that that's the last movement. For example, your movements should be:
                          Code:
                          #org @move
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x13
                          #raw 0x01
                          #raw 0xFE
                          
                          #org @move1
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0x12
                          #raw 0xFE
                          Not only that, it also needs a waitmovement 0 after the last applymovement.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by hot_kage View Post
                          uggh sorry im suck a bad scripter
                          Code:
                          #dynamic 0x2D511B
                          
                          #org @start
                          checkflag 0x1555
                          if 0x1 goto @end
                          msgbox @havarna 0x6
                          msgbox @ticket 0x6
                          msgbox @737 0x6
                          fanfare 0x13E
                          waitfanfare 
                          setflag 0x1555
                          special 0x17B
                          warp 0x3 0x58 0x1 0x10 0x18
                          release
                          end
                          
                          #org @move
                          #raw 0x01 0xFE
                          
                          #org @havarna 
                          = Your Going To HAVARNA ACADEMY?\nOkay! Good Luck [PLAYER] !\l
                          
                          #org @ticket
                          = I Almost Forgot [Player]!\lThe Last SHUTTLE Left.\lYou'll Have To Wait.\l
                          
                          #org @737
                          = [red_fr]................................\n................................\lHAVARNA SHUTTLE 737 DOCKED.\l
                          
                          #org @end
                          release
                          end
                          Problem: When it gets to the warp it warps to the wrong place
                          any ideas?
                          You're warping to map 3.88, which doesn't exist normally. If you want a hex number, put 0x in front of it. If you want the number as it's there, so decimal, leave the 0x. Also, if you want to warp to a specific X/Y-coordinate, you don't put a warp number in there, but replace that with 0xFF (warp 0x3 0x58 0xFF 0x10 0x18)
                            #318    
                          Old January 27th, 2009 (6:09 AM).
                          roywillow's Avatar
                          roywillow roywillow is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2008
                            Location: Shandong China
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 39
                            I wonder how to change the appearance of a certain sprite in a script? I find a setvar command in the rival's appearance script(in Emerald) may have something to do with this...
                            __________________
                            http://poketb.com/bbs/images/logo.gif
                              #319    
                            Old January 27th, 2009 (7:34 AM). Edited January 27th, 2009 by Full Metal.
                            Full Metal's Avatar
                            Full Metal Full Metal is offline
                            C(++) Developer.
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2008
                            Location: In my mind.
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 805
                            Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
                            [solved]
                            Game: Fire Red
                            Type: Person script
                            Script editor: PKSV (can post the xse script if needed)
                            description:
                            Spoiler:
                            I want the pic to be displayed (pic of bulbasaur) ask if you want it
                            if yes
                            hide pic
                            then add bulbasaur to party
                            say enjoy your adventure
                            end the script
                            if no
                            say choose another pokemon
                            hide the pic
                            end
                            Here is what i already have
                            Spoiler:
                            #org 0x82757FD
                            '-----------------------------------
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            showpokepic 0x1 0x5 0x4
                            message 0x8275876 ' So you want the GRASS type\nTurtwig?
                            callstd MSG_YESNO
                            if 0x0 jump 0x827581F ' Equal To
                            if 0x1 jump 0x871D6D0
                            release
                            end
                            #org 0x871D6D0
                            hidepokepic 0x1 0x5 0x4
                            msgbox 0x82758C1 ' Enjoy your adventure!
                            callstd MSG_NORMAL
                            setflag 0x201
                            setflag 0x828
                            addpokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                            release
                            end
                            #org 0x827581F
                            '-----------------------------------
                            hidepokepic 0x1 0x5 0x4
                            msgbox 0x827589C ' Please choose another\nPokemon then
                            callstd MSG_NORMAL
                            release
                            end
                            '-----------------------------------


                            #org 0x8275876
                            = So you want the GRASS type\nTurtwig?
                            #org 0x827589C
                            = Please choose another\nPokemon then
                            #org 0x82758C1
                            = Enjoy your adventure!
                            __________________

                            ★ full metal.

                            I like to push it,
                            and push it,
                            until my luck is over.
                              #320    
                            Old January 27th, 2009 (10:37 AM).
                            Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2008
                              Posts: 38
                              I have questions regarding scripts in my very first hack

                              First question

                              placing trainers in my hack; now ive read the tutorial by thethethethe (sorry if i misspelled your username) but I dont understand certain aspects of it:

                              Game: pokemon firered
                              personscript
                              using pokescript
                              Script: trainer script
                              Spoiler:
                              #org $start
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              checkflag 0x820
                              if b_true goto $done
                              message $2
                              boxset 6
                              trainerbattle 1 0x001 $before $after $later
                              end

                              #org $before
                              $before 1 =Show me what you've got!

                              #org $after
                              $after 1 =Congratulations.

                              #org $later
                              message $3
                              boxset 6
                              fanfare 0x13E
                              message $4
                              boxset 4
                              waitfanfare
                              #raw 0x68
                              message $5
                              boxset 6
                              giveitem 0x147 1
                              setflag 0x820
                              release
                              end

                              #org $done
                              message $1
                              boxset 6
                              release
                              end

                              #org $1
                              $1 1 =You should travel to Cerulean Town\nto get your next badge.

                              #org $2
                              $2 1 =Wecome to Pewter City Gym.\nYou want to challenge me?

                              #org $3
                              $3 1 =Congratulations! Here I must reward\nyou with this badge.

                              #org $4
                              $4 1 =You recieved a badge!

                              #org $5
                              $5 1 =Oh, and please take this.


                              the #raw 0x68
                              what happens here?

                              giveitem 0x147 1

                              I understand a certain item is given here, other than the badge (badge is setflag0x820)

                              my question is where can i find a list which specifies which item is which code. like code 0.01 is item x?

                              Question 2

                              how do I place items on the ground for the player to pick up? So the player can pick up potions etc.



                              Thanks in advance
                                #321    
                              Old January 27th, 2009 (1:21 PM).
                              Andryandrew Andryandrew is offline
                              Italian Asm Hacker
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Age: 23
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 117
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                                I have questions regarding scripts in my very first hack

                                First question

                                placing trainers in my hack; now ive read the tutorial by thethethethe (sorry if i misspelled your username) but I dont understand certain aspects of it:

                                Game: pokemon firered
                                personscript
                                using pokescript
                                Script: trainer script
                                Spoiler:
                                #org $start
                                lock
                                faceplayer
                                checkflag 0x820
                                if b_true goto $done
                                message $2
                                boxset 6
                                trainerbattle 1 0x001 $before $after $later
                                end

                                #org $before
                                $before 1 =Show me what you've got!

                                #org $after
                                $after 1 =Congratulations.

                                #org $later
                                message $3
                                boxset 6
                                fanfare 0x13E
                                message $4
                                boxset 4
                                waitfanfare
                                #raw 0x68
                                message $5
                                boxset 6
                                giveitem 0x147 1
                                setflag 0x820
                                release
                                end

                                #org $done
                                message $1
                                boxset 6
                                release
                                end

                                #org $1
                                $1 1 =You should travel to Cerulean Town\nto get your next badge.

                                #org $2
                                $2 1 =Wecome to Pewter City Gym.\nYou want to challenge me?

                                #org $3
                                $3 1 =Congratulations! Here I must reward\nyou with this badge.

                                #org $4
                                $4 1 =You recieved a badge!

                                #org $5
                                $5 1 =Oh, and please take this.


                                the #raw 0x68
                                what happens here?

                                giveitem 0x147 1

                                I understand a certain item is given here, other than the badge (badge is setflag0x820)

                                my question is where can i find a list which specifies which item is which code. like code 0.01 is item x?

                                Question 2

                                how do I place items on the ground for the player to pick up? So the player can pick up potions etc.



                                Thanks in advance
                                HERE you can find a list of item... their code is flipped (so for example B600 means 00B6 --> 0xB6 or FD01 means 01FD --> 0x1FD
                                #raw 0x68 (closeonkeypress in XSE) let msgbox 4 close when a key is pressed
                                __________________

                                Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
                                Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
                                I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

                                Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
                                  #322    
                                Old January 27th, 2009 (2:02 PM).
                                Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                Sitting by the back window
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Location: Best City OCE
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 5,945
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Eternal Finality View Post
                                  how do I place items on the ground for the player to pick up? So the player can pick up potions etc.
                                  A very, VERY simple giveitem script.

                                  Just put giveitem with the item number and amount, but put 0x0 as the "message type". :D

                                  Oh, you have to put the Person ID in AMap as an unset flag.

                                  Also, items can be found in a list in thethethethe's tutorial. It's spoilered.
                                  __________________
                                  Brony represent.
                                    #323    
                                  Old January 27th, 2009 (2:54 PM).
                                  Eternal Finality Eternal Finality is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2008
                                    Posts: 38
                                    thanks for the replies. Well to be honest i dont really get the things with unset flags and ID's. an explanation or example would be most appreciated.
                                      #324    
                                    Old January 27th, 2009 (5:01 PM).
                                    Quickster's Avatar
                                    Quickster Quickster is offline
                                    Dream or Drop?
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quiet
                                      Posts: 351
                                      i am back once again:/
                                      heres a script for fire red,the green event tile. in xse
                                      i dont see a problem but nothing happens when i walk over the tile but the hero freezing.

                                      Spoiler:
                                      #dynamic 0x800C20

                                      #org @start
                                      checkflag 0x828
                                      if 0x1 goto @done
                                      textcolor 0x01
                                      playsong 0x110 0x0
                                      applymovement 0x02 @move
                                      msgbox @talk 0x2
                                      applymovement 0x02 @move2
                                      pause 0x1
                                      applymovement 0xFF @move3
                                      msgbox @talk2 0x02
                                      applymovement 0x02 @move4
                                      applymovement 0xFF @move4
                                      waitmovement 0x0
                                      msgbox @talk3 0x2
                                      release
                                      end

                                      #org @done
                                      release
                                      end

                                      #org @move
                                      #raw 0x02
                                      #raw 0xFE

                                      #org @move2
                                      #raw 0x12
                                      #raw 0x12
                                      #raw 0x12
                                      #raw 0x12
                                      #raw 0xFE

                                      #org @move3
                                      #raw 0x01
                                      #raw 0xFE

                                      #org @move4
                                      #raw 0x13
                                      #raw 0x13
                                      #raw 0x13
                                      #raw 0x13
                                      #raw 0xFE

                                      #org @talk
                                      = Wait, \v\h01!

                                      #org @talk2
                                      = What do you think you're doing?

                                      #org @talk3
                                      = It's dangerous to go out without\na Pokemon! Wild Pokemon jump out\nof the grass on the way to the\nnext town.
                                      __________________
                                      I laugh looking at this.

                                      But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                                        #325    
                                      Old January 27th, 2009 (5:20 PM).
                                      Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                      Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                      Sitting by the back window
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                                        Location: Best City OCE
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 5,945
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
                                        i am back once again:/
                                        heres a script for fire red,the green event tile. in xse
                                        i dont see a problem but nothing happens when i walk over the tile but the hero freezing.

                                        Spoiler:
                                        #dynamic 0x800C20

                                        #org @start
                                        checkflag 0x828
                                        if 0x1 goto @done
                                        textcolor 0x01
                                        playsong 0x110 0x0
                                        applymovement 0x02 @move
                                        msgbox @talk 0x2
                                        applymovement 0x02 @move2
                                        pause 0x1
                                        applymovement 0xFF @move3
                                        msgbox @talk2 0x02
                                        applymovement 0x02 @move4
                                        applymovement 0xFF @move4
                                        waitmovement 0x0
                                        msgbox @talk3 0x2
                                        release
                                        end

                                        #org @done
                                        release
                                        end

                                        #org @move
                                        #raw 0x02
                                        #raw 0xFE

                                        #org @move2
                                        #raw 0x12
                                        #raw 0x12
                                        #raw 0x12
                                        #raw 0x12
                                        #raw 0xFE

                                        #org @move3
                                        #raw 0x01
                                        #raw 0xFE

                                        #org @move4
                                        #raw 0x13
                                        #raw 0x13
                                        #raw 0x13
                                        #raw 0x13
                                        #raw 0xFE

                                        #org @talk
                                        = Wait, \v\h01!

                                        #org @talk2
                                        = What do you think you're doing?

                                        #org @talk3
                                        = It's dangerous to go out without\na Pokemon! Wild Pokemon jump out\nof the grass on the way to the\nnext town.
                                        -sigh-

                                        In AMap, on the script tile, put "0003" as the top unknown and the "5040" as the thing underneath.
                                        __________________
                                        Brony represent.
                                        Closed Thread
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:09 PM.