• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don't know if any of Swampert's tools support repointing (having never used them).

In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.
I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?
Yes, you can edit evolutions this way. Check out posts 7501–7515 in the Simple Questions thread.

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.
Oh,thanks Im really startitng to get the hang of it
One last question (I hope :P)how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
0429B3 starts Bulbasaur's evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur's learned move data, then Ivysaur's evolution data, then Ivysaur's moves, and so on.

If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra's evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.
And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32
The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
0429B3 starts Bulbasaur's evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur's learned move data, then Ivysaur's evolution data, then Ivysaur's moves, and so on.

If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra's evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.

Thanks alot! You really helped me there
So,if Im doing this right I should find Gravaler like this
Search> 03 FF 4C 00 ?
And change to
01 1A 4C 00 (To evolve by level 26)

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Also, if you have problems with manually editing evolution data and can find it you can use HFD from Meowth Hacks. its a DOS program that can edit evolutions as well as the levels pokemon learn attacks and other things. As its DOS its somewhat annoying, but it might do until we get a good one by our buddy Swampert :D

Do you know where to download it ?
I finally got it how to edit evolutions but it's hard to find the right offset for each pokemon.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Wow, I definately agree with the above post. I've been wanting a tool like this for a while, so if you made this, it would satisfy all of us! No, but really, you should make a tool to make World map editing much simplier.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Updated: Denjuu Editor SP

Well after having a break from programming, I have updated my Denjuu Editor with some pretty cool new features that have been discovered since the last version. Check it out if you're interested!

Download (207KB)

Swampert 22

Years
Hmm...can't wait until you start up again.

Haha I am glad you appreciate my work, but I am really busy at the moment. I am in my last year of school before university so my work load is very heavy. After I take my exams I am going to try to learn how to use VB better so I can make the kind of tools that you all want :D
I guess you'll all just have to be patient ;)

Melash

Back for now.
Years
All right, all right. I'm glad to know that you're going to be learning better visual basic, though.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I notice a major bug with GSC ItemEd.
When I changed the costs of berry and gold berry and then I opened the rom it's impossible to start from the beginning again.
I'd of course backup of my pikachu edition when I did this :)

I'm not sure if it happens with Gold/Silver but with Crystal ItemEd freezes the game when changes are made.

Swampert 22

Years
I notice a major bug with GSC ItemEd.
When I changed the costs of berry and gold berry and then I opened the rom it's impossible to start from the beginning again.
I'd of course backup of my pikachu edition when I did this :)

I'm not sure if it happens with Gold/Silver but with Crystal ItemEd freezes the game when changes are made.

OK. Well, I know that there are some bugs with this tool, so for the time being I shall remove the download link. I don't have time to fix it right now. You could always try hex editing the items;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back