• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: I really dislike those smilies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Okay, so I really, really don't enjoy using the smilies provided by PC. Sorryz. But anyways, when I post a VM on someone else's profile, even though I have smilies shut off, my ":P"s become ":P-as-an-emoticon"s. It's really bugging me, because I don't want to have to go through and use the "Edit Advanced" button to go through and make it so that the smilies don't show up. If there's any way around this, or if I'm just stuck with doing that, tell me.

Kthxbai.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just disable them... I don't like them either, and that's what I did.
Disabling them in the posts doesn't carry over to the VMs. I have smilies disabled for my posts, yet if I use any one of the smilies that has a corresponding emote in a VM, it automatically becomes that awkward bright yellow thing.

I remember reading before that there was no way to disable smilies in VMs like there is in posts yet. So the [noparse][/noparse] code is the best way to go. That, or just not use those kinds of smilies that get switched automatically.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hooray! :D
I hate having to go to GO ADVANCE all the time to not use smilies. ;o;

Thanks Jake~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Since we're on the topic of smilies, can we get rid of all these and basically anything else that looks like them?
:dragonite:2::os::donut::meow::lg::top::5::14::snea::king::4::12::psy copy::3:

Most of them aren't even cropped properly and one's just a donut, what's up with that?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Since we're on the topic of smilies, can we get rid of all these and basically anything else that looks like them?
:dragonite:2::os::donut::meow::lg::top::5::14::snea::king::4::12::psy copy::3:

Most of them aren't even cropped properly and one's just a donut, what's up with that?
The doughnut is an old inside joke, so at least it has an excuse for being there, kind of.

Wow lol I'm looking at the code for those smilies and it's all over the place. 8| Haha, I think the whole smilies system could really use a revamp.
c

Back