• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Royal Blue Version!

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Welcome to..
Pokemon Royal Blue Version!
A Fresh adventure..

Welcome to Pokemon Royal blue's thread!
Pokemon Royal Blue, is a project, founded and created by me. (Of course,
with my team), and my goal is, to create somthing everyone can play and
disscuss; Somthing fun, explorable, and (Did I mention fun?). I've
always dreamed about creating somthing fresh. Somthing nobodys seen before.
Please remember, Im Drevil 2.0, just so people don't think Im a theif ;)

Wheres this hack set?
Well I have brought my ideas to life, and this created somthing called "Hyosha".
Hyosha is a new region, with a few brand new Pokemon, Trainers, Gyms
and adventure.

Features
Theres a list I made, everything I plan to add in future, and here it is;

-New Region
There is more things to do in Hyosha. Find out:

Wonderful Geography
Theres much to tell in the history of hyosha. Such as the Great battle..

Different climates, how did they come about?
There were three Pokemon. The gifted ones. Each had a special ability.

And more!

-New Scripts
Breath-taking new scripts, which will help you expiriance and live the moment.

-New Rivals/Battles
Along the way, you will face much harder, and much timewasting battles. And more rivals, seeing as in most games you only get one.

-Music/Theme songs
Just as cirtain People are introduced into the game, You will hear a theme song (I will try to compose myself) fitting their style.

-New Items
New Items, such as the "Bait Ball" somthing I've thought up Smartly ovcourse.

-D&P&Pt Pokemon (Still a I dont know)
Atleast 10 will be included, perhaps more depending if I choose to in future.
Here, will be a list:

-Soon to-be populated-

-Sprites
OW, and trauner Sprites of course, Such as the new hero (showing soon) // Most pokemon from the 1,2,3rd gen will have their sprites converted to D&P style.

(This is optional, if im boverd..:P)

-Magma is back!
Team Magma is back, more evil than ever!, this time, they have a new master plan, they may soon exicute it.

However thats not all, I have some secrets to show you yet!

Storyline
Im not going to reveal the plot just yet; Most things you will find ingame.
The battle of Hyosha has begun.

The well-known region Hyosha is at risk, and only you can save it from the evil clutches of an old enemy: the infamous Team Rocket. They have control of a mysterious new device that will re-awaken the the water lord Suicune. But with [Player] on the job, Team Rocket is in for the shock of their life.

On the morning you expect to get going on your Pokémon Adventure to win the Pokémon League challenge, you wake up to find a letter at your frontdoor. It's from your friend Jack, he notifys you that you have the choice of two Pokémon at his house. (It's two because the third one has been taken by Jack; Jack's already left on his adventure earlier in the morning.) You choose you're Pokémon and set out on a fresh adventure.
Can you stop Team Rockets devious plan?

You don't just play it... you live it.

Media
Here's what everybody wants to see; (The tiles do-not look like this anymore)
These screenshots are up-to-date!
1636-Pokemon-RoyalBlueVersionU_01.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue1.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue2.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue3.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue5.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue7.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlueGBA_01-4.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlueGBA_02-3.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue9.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue4.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue10.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlue8.png
Pokemon-RoyalBlueGBA_04.png

Please note, I know in the last screenshot the tree-shadows aren't there, well for everyone, they're there now =]

To be updated.

Team
Well Gee. Im not sure theres ever been a hack without people helping..

Flareon (Nikkie.) - Owner
Scripting, Mapping, Everything else.

~Watermelon - Co Owner.
Mapping, Tile inserting.

Manipulation

Beta testing.

Vrai
General help.

Pellio
Trusty spriter.

Progress Meter
||||||||||||||||||||
Current work: Sripting

Release Center
Patch format: Lunar ips
Rom to patch over: Pokemon Fire Red - I dont provide these, Nobody here does. (Google is your friend)

Preview comming soon.

Credits

rhevarhe_duh
Some tiles were made by this fantastic artist.

Luke/Danja
Pokemon center and mart tiles.

The Team
For there exteamly hard effort to make this hack run smoothly.

Rules
-Remember I dont give release dates. So don't ask for betas.
-Don't ask to be a beta tester, i'll find you!

-And also try support me if you can =]
Royalblueuserbar.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/Vrai_2/Royalblueuserbar.png?t=1238247823[/IMG]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
It's not really a story, it's more of a prologue. If you would like to grab more attention, tell us a little bit about what happens when you're playing through the game. There really isn't anything special in the features, seeing as just about every hack has the same as you.
Good luck.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
It's not really a story, it's more of a prologue. If you would like to grab more attention, tell us a little bit about what happens when you're playing through the game. There really isn't anything special in the features, seeing as just about every hack has the same as you.
Good luck.
I dont see what you mean, because Im now used to writing a story like that.
Please Tell me what you mean. Thanks however.
And I drew a blank when It came to features, I'll Add more in soon.

How about:
After a Tragic event, You find your self on a empty boat with nothing but:
A Pokéball
A Journal
and a red odd looking box, and your instinct.
Sea sick as you were, you couldent remember why you escaped.
However you could remember, the innocent crys of your Mom.
Now your about to uncover the secrets of your lost family past, and perhaps live
your life long dream of becoming a Pokemon Master!

I might just do what you said, add little parts of this to my orginal story.

Thanks. Now I see.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I agree with Disturbed your story isn't really one. To get people hooked add more ideas as you've said you would and add to the story. Other then that it seems pretty good.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
Years
I like the storyline, good luck with this. Oh, and you may want to add to the storyline, like maybe introduce the evil team, you know. Anyway, good luck!

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Guys,

Guys,
I will add have added more before this goes to the Progressing Hacks section.
Any ideas will be accepted from now on, Because I think I've got enough of my own.

Two people like the story and Two people dont.. Gahh, Im confused!
Well I hope to release some infomation soon Im getting restless!! :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
You must add something special in this hack.Think about something that no one has added it into his hack.And the storyline you gave us is too small.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Mmkay, so far you have... a backstory. About a kid on a boat with some weird items, who apparently has a nasty case of ADHD because a little seasickness gives him amnesia and a jerking boat makes him instantly forget about a mysterious box he found in his bag. (Personally, I wouldn't let a little lurching distract me from a mysterious box that's apparently been riding around on my back. If you find a mysterious box in your bag at an airport, it's probably a bomb. I think I'd be at least a little concerned about any unknown box even if I was on a boat.)

So, what's the story? As far as I can tell, after that point the whole backstory is just dropped, and the hero will probably go beat eight gym leaders and four elites and some champion, plus a few evildoers on the side, the end. If there is more to the plot than that, it would be nice to know. Giving details about the upcoming story doesn't "ruin it." Seriously, ROM hacking isn't like Harry Potter, where if you give away one too many details the entire ending is spoiled and all the suspense is gone and people hate you for revealing that so-and-so kills so-and-so or whatever. If you've got more of a plot, if you've got an actual ongoing storyline that has anything to do with the backstory you've put above, details about the story are always better. The only time adding some details is bad for you is if, in fact, you don't HAVE any more story to reveal.

And if that's the case, you've got a bigger issue than just whether or not your backstory is interesting.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
good luck, man. Dude. Whatever I say, yeah.
Lol, whats the point in this??

You must add something special in this hack.Think about something that no one has added it into his hack.And the storyline you gave us is too small.
Like I said, there is more to Show.

Mmkay, so far you have... a backstory. About a kid on a boat with some weird items, who apparently has a nasty case of ADHD because a little seasickness gives him amnesia and a jerking boat makes him instantly forget about a mysterious box he found in his bag. (Personally, I wouldn't let a little lurching distract me from a mysterious box that's apparently been riding around on my back. If you find a mysterious box in your bag at an airport, it's probably a bomb. I think I'd be at least a little concerned about any unknown box even if I was on a boat.)

So, what's the story? As far as I can tell, after that point the whole backstory is just dropped, and the hero will probably go beat eight gym leaders and four elites and some champion, plus a few evildoers on the side, the end. If there is more to the plot than that, it would be nice to know. Giving details about the upcoming story doesn't "ruin it." Seriously, ROM hacking isn't like Harry Potter, where if you give away one too many details the entire ending is spoiled and all the suspense is gone and people hate you for revealing that so-and-so kills so-and-so or whatever. If you've got more of a plot, if you've got an actual ongoing storyline that has anything to do with the backstory you've put above, details about the story are always better. The only time adding some details is bad for you is if, in fact, you don't HAVE any more story to reveal.

And if that's the case, you've got a bigger issue than just whether or not your backstory is interesting.
This part really makes me angry.. if, in fact, you don't HAVE any more story to reveal. Like, whats your problem? I see what you're saying however, what's that supposed to mean? Fine I'll add more, Since its bothering you so much. Sorry to sound like im
angry.. Im not, I hear you though, :)

Updates
Going to show you the tiles in my next post here, Hope you'll like them.
However now Im adding more to the story. Some people are really bother'd about the lack of infomation..
And I feel like 'Fail' Now.

Last edited:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
I'd like to apply:
Job: Tileset maker (not tile spriter!), mapper, Pokemon inserter
Yeah, I'll Accept you.

Updates
As promised, You get to see the Tiles and palettes.
(Happend so fast. lol)
I cant decide on the trees, Please find some for me. And perhaps other tiles if you can.

10cu5mu.jpg

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I agree with Disturbed your story isn't really one. To get people hooked add more ideas as you've said you would and add to the story. Other then that it seems pretty good.
He;s Right You know you should add more to your story i have an Idea for a story

You and your Parents were shanghaid by crooks when they took you in ther boat they knocked you unconcious and when you woke up your parents are gone after which you went to check if anyone's there but you realize nobody's there you went in a new town you met a Professor and you told him everything it turns out that the professor was a friend of your mom's and he will give a new pokemon after which you will gather info from gym leaders and other people then you will see that those crooks are in their hide out near the last gym so you fought them your mom and dad was there and they told you why they were took there it's because they hold information that should be classified and a couple of ancient artifact that can revive the original one Arceus the you were shocked that arceus was already risen and then you fought him and when you get back to the professor he will tell you how he and your mom met then he will give you a ticket for the ferry so you can go find more pokemon

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Hmm

I've found a new story, I think you should you It for your hack.
Updates
New story..!
Spoiler:

Also, I can't find my USB, and might have to restart.. OR even Put this on hold..

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I can help with ..uh, general help? And I can fix your grammar and stuffz too. :P

But it looks nice so far, apart from a few things here and there. ^^

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I'm in?
I'm not surprised. A smart person always choses the best (and that is, fortunately, me). LOL!
Tell me what to do, I've got some pretty palletes ready.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
I can help with ..uh, general help? And I can fix your grammar and stuffz too. :P

But it looks nice so far, apart from a few things here and there. ^^
Cool, (Although I think my grammer is Okay :P) Its the Spelling im worried about..
Year your in. Also, I'd like to know about my things "Here and there" if you please.
Thanks though~

I'm in?
I'm not surprised. A smart person always choses the best (and that is, fortunately, me). LOL!
Tell me what to do, I've got some pretty palletes ready.
Yeah, Im restarting.. So yeah you can start with the rom! :D
You can be incharge of the Tiles and such, because Im good with it, However
I really do prefer to map (And script). Thanks Woodman.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
As I said

~Watermelon said:
Right. Send me the patch and I'll see what I can do.
Well Um, acctually, I haven't got anything done, so I was hoping you would start It off,
But inserting tiles, (Chosen by you of course) then I could Map? Im not sure.

Updates
Preveiw of tiles,
Thanks to ~Watermelon.
Tiles created by,
rhevarhe_duh
Im only showing you what has been done so far.

treetiles.png

Last edited:
Back