• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in >>EMERALD<<...
The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).
This is what I do:
First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.
Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.
Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, but I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.
What am I doing wrong!?Does Sprite inserting works differend in Emerald or something?
I know Emerald has bigger sprites, but I've tried inserting 128x64 and 64x128 sprites too.
It just doesn't seem to do anything.

Secondly,
Is there a way to edit the Trainer Battle intro's?
I want to change the big "Team Aqua Logo" that you see when a battle starts, to a "Team Rocket Logo".
The pictures aren't in unLZ, right? (I've searched through, but I'm not sure if it's L77T compressed (or something)).

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Quick question: Has anyone figured out how to change the order of the Pokédex/what Pokémon appear in it in Ruby? I really want to change the Dex in my hack so that the new Starters (Pichu, Smoochum, and Magby) are at the front, but I have no idea where to even begin with that task ^^; Any help is appreciated!

Also, is there a tutorial on how to insert new cries for a Pokemon into a ROM? I know the basic steps of how to do it in terms of hex; but the cries come out staticky and grainy, and they glitch the cries of the pokemon that come before and after them in the Pokedex. The cries are 11.025Khz at 8bit, as they should be, but they still glitch up everything...can someone who's successfully inserted cries help me out? Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
I'm using AdvanceMap 1.92 and I've given the player a basement bedroom instead of an upstairs one, just for kicks.

The upstairs (living room) warp works perfectly. Standing on the warp spot and walking left (down the stairs) sends you to the next map (4.1, which is downstairs)

The warp downstairs warps you back (to 4.0) but for some reason, it only works if you again walk left? I need it to work when I walk right, but I can't see any way to change what it does. I deleted it and made a new warp, same problem.

I really have no idea what I did. I didn't change the warp at all (except moving its location) so I don't see why it messed up.
Sorry to be re-posting this but I haven't figured out a solution yet D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in >>EMERALD<<...
The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).
This is what I do:
First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.
Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.
Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, but I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.
What am I doing wrong!?Does Sprite inserting works differend in Emerald or something?
I know Emerald has bigger sprites, but I've tried inserting 128x64 and 64x128 sprites too.
It just doesn't seem to do anything.

Secondly,
Is there a way to edit the Trainer Battle intro's?
I want to change the big "Team Aqua Logo" that you see when a battle starts, to a "Team Rocket Logo".
The pictures aren't in unLZ, right? (I've searched through, but I'm not sure if it's L77T compressed (or something)).

First: Yes. Sprite inserting in Emerald works different from other roms . That's because Animations. You'll have to find animations and replace them.

Secondly: I belive i've seen them in Unlz. if nor. try searching them with Tileed2002/TLP/Tilemolester.

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
I have a problem when I am inserting new frames in the older version of OWE, it says "Error 63 (Bad Record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructer of frmOverworldEditor" how can I fix it? can someone help me please?

Years
I want to insert a script that has a sprite stay disappeared until a flag is set. should the script be applied to a sprite, a tile, or should it be a level script? Also i want him invisible while looking from a distance, i don't want to have to click on the sprite to make it disappear.

Last edited:

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
how do i edit the items u can buy at marts?
im hacking leaf green
Use A-mart, it is somewhere in the tool section if you actually search for it.

Extremely complicated question (I think):
How can I expand the amount of icon palettes in Pokemon Fire Red? I want to make it so that each pokemon has its own little palette so that I can truly change the icons. If I cannot do this, can someone please point me towards another way to take an actual rom (NOT Poccils essentials) and change the icon without the aid of Icon ed?

Heres a picture:
1-31-20091-19-57PM.png

Instead of editing it, I'm now asking if there is a way to expand the amount of palettes from the 3 that come in game, to more like 150.

P.S. Please answer this I really need to know so that my hack may progress!

~Des
Bumpity please, I would really like to know this!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
I hope someone can help me out here.

As far as I can tell, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary (I don't use advance text or anything like that), but out of nowhere, for some reason, when the game displays an apostrophe or a quotation mark in a message box, a weird little "phantom" comma appears under it. Anyone know how to fix or get rid of this?

Sorry for the repost, but I really need some help!

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
Adding Lava

I tried to look for this but was unsuccessful. I'm hacking Fire Red and i want to add lava pools like in Ruby and Sapphire, but none of the tilesets have lava in it that i've seen (unless i'm blind).

How do i go about adding lava to a tileset and being able to use it in Advanced Map?

Thanks

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I tried to look for this but was unsuccessful. I'm hacking Fire Red and i want to add lava pools like in Ruby and Sapphire, but none of the tilesets have lava in it that i've seen (unless i'm blind).

How do i go about adding lava to a tileset and being able to use it in Advanced Map?

Thanks

Insert new tiles with lava...

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I've been searching hither and yon for a text editor that wasn't made by Scizz. That would heavily simplify my scripting ambitions, since none of Scizz's stuff works on my computer for some reason (can't find an offset or something).

Hence, can anyone help me?
For scripting use XSE. For text editing, if you goto the ini folder with Advance Map, there's a file called Table. Open that and there are all the character values used. You can search them in a hex editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back