• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Ah, okay. It still sounds interesting. Well, I'm thinking the biggest tournaments here are this one, the Extreme Speed Open, and Ito_Igami's Extreme Gym(which is reopening upon Platinum's release, people :P). Perhaps we could pool our results, in addition to having individual rankings based on each of our threads. ^_^

So something like "Aurafire: X points here / Y points in total" with maybe a few lines about everyone with more than Z points to their name. How does that sound? ^_^

It does sound like something fun to get set up. I could probably get to work on it sometime during the week('cuz midterms are now over, Yay!). It would be interesting to see who we get in the top 10, or who #1 will end up being. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Ah, okay. It still sounds interesting. Well, I'm thinking the biggest tournaments here are this one, the Extreme Speed Open, and Ito_Igami's Extreme Gym(which is reopening upon Platinum's release, people :P). Perhaps we could pool our results, in addition to having individual rankings based on each of our threads. ^_^

So something like "Aurafire: X points here / Y points in total" with maybe a few lines about everyone with more than Z points to their name. How does that sound? ^_^

It does sound like something fun to get set up. I could probably get to work on it sometime during the week('cuz midterms are now over, Yay!). It would be interesting to see who we get in the top 10, or who #1 will end up being. XD

That sounds great! Ryan and I could scrounge up the ESO records in no time. This is kinda playing on the idea that we had for the Extreme Speed Champions Tour (which failed miserably XD). We made a leaderboard based on where people finished every tournament. Taking into account all the major tournaments/gyms and perhaps everyone's standard wifi records, we could make a really cool rankings list =D

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I'm just wondering how we'll combine records/tournaments/gyms into a simple enough point system. Anyone have any ideas? =O

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
I remember I got to round 3 without having to battle anyone XD. THe first 2 people had to cancle on me, and then I had to forfiet DX. So the only tourny I was in, I didn't get to battle.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
What's the new pair ups? It's about the time we do that this week.

Mm, the remaining matches still have until Saturday to finish. Hopefully we can either get them done or Zam can make an executive decision since..there's only 4 left. XD

Umm, hmm. I'll try to give some thoughts on a ladder system. The PC Wifi Tournament is the biggest attraction to the Battle Stadium, so if there's a point-based system, this place should give the most for winning matches. Especially considering epic matches such as Ursaring vs. Ichida happen in round one. So maybe..

1st Round-5 points
2nd Round-25 points
3rd Round-50 points
4th Round-95 points
5th Round (if there is one)-120 points
Quarter-Finals-150 points
Semi-Finals-300 points
Finals-500 points
Win-750 points

In this tournament, we should have around 16-18 going into round two, with a few still getting byes. So we at least have rounds 1,2,3 before the Quarters. Or perhaps, you can just decide how many points each round is worth when the thing finishes, since it'll be different each PC tournament.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Wait, but the PC wifi ladder and the tournament ladder can't go together. That would be much too complicated. We should make a separate leaderboard for each, unless that was already established. In that case, nvm. =P

But I do like that point system for the tournaments. The Wifi tournament would obviously be worth the most, but we could do something similar for the ESO.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Oh, that idea wasn't for the wifi tournament. The thing I PMd to staff was the PC Wifi ladder idea. For that, I was just going to suggest that there could be an official thread where people could report their scores. Matches in the quick battle thread or even tournament matches could still go towards the official ladder standings as long as both battlers confirmed the score. Then the results would be added and, much like the ratings on Shoddy, there would be a leader board with the highest win percentages. I don't think it would be too hard to take care of...Just a lot of number crunching and stuff, but once again, I have plenty of time on my hands, so I wouldn't mind doing it at all. Like I said, I think it could be fun for everyone and a good incentive to have some battles and liven this place up a bit ;D

That was my idea anyway...

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
So you guys are voting on a final four huh?

Well, here goes nothing (And keep in mind, this is NOTHING personal. :/)

_Prince_, Ichida, aragornbird, and dewey/-Lugia- That's my opinion.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, it's a 4-0, him being the victor. I should have become a bit more educated in Ubers before trying that one. xD Hax did help the 4-0, but eh, I suppose parahax has to happen some time or another. xD

GG aragorn.

Back