• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Interdpth's Tool List

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021

Interdpth's Tool List

Hey y'all. I'm back in action.

Now then everyone knows I only hack the GBA generation. You're probably asking yourself: 'why is he releasing tools that have been done before?'

Well I want to work on a hack, including making all of my own tools except a map editor. I'll be making all of the tools myself. After they're finished, I'll be releasing them to the public.

The other awesome aspect of my tools is that I'm coding them with wxWidgets. That means, my tools will be usable on Windows, Macs, and Linux. :D

My first tool is what I'm calling "BattleEd," which is a tool to edit trainers.

Here is a screen shot of BattleEd, link is below the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Windows BattleEd released!

BattleEd Sourcecode
Here is a screen shot of EvolutionEd in action:
Spoiler:

Windows EvolutionEd Released
EvolutionEd source
Here is ItemEd In action
Spoiler:

(Sorry, no itemed lost the source entirely)
Tool List
  • Evolution Editor
  • Battle Editor

If you don't have anything productive to add to the thread, don't post.

To compile the above sources, you must have wxWidgets installed on your computer, it should compile and work fine on a mac or linux. I don't use them so I can't say.

But have fun. :) Sorry for the empty promises

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Nice, it'll run on Mac ^^
Are you going to make a script editor?

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
AI level is how hard their pokemon will be.

Mac_Mini: I'm thinking about. =P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
He said that AI level means the difficulty of the PKMN we are up against, or the difficulty of all the PKMN the trainer has.
I think it means that it's for important battles only wherein the PKMN will be 'thinking' of proper moves to use against us.

So the trainer editor, we can choose to make trainer's PKMN have their own moves to use?
That'd be really cool. So does that mean the tool automatically searches for offsets?
If so, will there be an option for us to search for offsets manually?

Anyways, I am excited for the Evolution tool, and I hope it'd be helpful for my hack, since I'm bringing back Eevee.
Will it be possible to have more than 5 evolutions in a GBA ROM?

Also, just out of curiosity but...
Will you be making a PKMN Cry Editor though?
That's really one useful tool which hasn't been made (I know there's a cry changing tool in EliteMap's package but...)...

Good luck with this and thanks~

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
No, 5 is the max you will see, I have no need for more than 5. So my tool will only support the five
No cry editor, I have no need for one as i'm mainly leaving all pokemon as they already are in my hack, except for some evolutions I need to change.
However there is cry editor made by loading now, I believe it's commandline and if you can compile something, you can use it.

What do you mean if the tool will already search for offsets? Do you mean free space? If so, yes.

Windows release of BattleEd should be today hopefully. :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Please, do it for DJG :\

it's fine, though... xD

What do you mean if the tool will already search for offsets? Do you mean free space? If so, yes.

I see.
And yeah, free space, can we set it to manual though? Meaning we can search for free offsets ourselves, or it's automatic and will be automatic?

So it'll be released today, huh?
That's cool. :)

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Yes, it will be automatic, and will remain as such.

Release attached.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I just tried the tool and I decided to have a trainer have custom attacks.
I then saved it using the 'Save PKMN to Data Memory' and when I checked that trainer again with that tool, and the attacks were scrambled... :\

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Great tool, I will definitely be using this on my hack :D. Cannot wait for more ;)

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I just tried the tool and I decided to have a trainer have custom attacks.
I then saved it using the 'Save PKMN to Data Memory' and when I checked that trainer again with that tool, and the attacks were scrambled... :\
See I just tried to replicate that and I did.

You didn't save the trainer data.

Save Data to memory only means that the current pokemon and it's attacks will be saved to memory for that trainer, if you switch without saving trainer data, then the data will be overwrote.

Like I have said before, BattleEd has no bugs, except the bug fix I have attached, I forgot to stop erasing the AI level during saving my fault but fix has been uploaded.

No, there will be no search function. That would only be for convenience,

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
A bit of advice for YOUR version of ItemEd... please include an option to insert an offset that points to a custom ASM routines into the item, since it is possible, and it would come in handy,

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
I have a little problem.
When I save the trainer data,it erases the next 4 trainers pokes.
Could you explain me what's the problem?

Back