• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metanoia

Revelation

reveal itself
Years
I closed my eyes into eternal slumber,
For my bitter sweet days are over.
Seeing the gates of hell wide and calm,
I turned "death-pale" seeing Acheron's eyes raging like fire.

They left me with Minos, the judge of the damned,
From the light of sweet memories into the everlasting night,
Giving me imperishable bitter memories
Of the past that haunts my mind.

I hear tons of screams each as loud as the sounds of hells rings
I, saying, "Oh Sun, where are you? Give me the light of hope."
In my life I followed the lord of temptations,
Now, I am eternally with my master, feeling the suilt of conversion.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Oh, is this about the Inferno?
I wrote my term paper on this beast.

What makes it slightly confusing is that it makes references that may or may not be confusing if one had not already done prior research on the epic. Same problem goes for the actual text itself.

Acheron is one of the rivers in Dante's Inferno. Sometimes it's used to mean Hell itself.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2015
a little confusing but I liked it though.

Brownies

bye PC :D
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2010
I'm a bit confused, but your work is really good, like repentance^

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
For clarification, Dante's Inferno is about a poet who awakes in a Dark Wood (an obvious metaphor for obscurity; forsaken-ness) and realizes that he has lost his way, consumed by his worldly impulses. He meets his idol, Virgil, who has also been exiled into the Inferno. The author of this poem references Virgil as "my master." The two enter the underworld and descend to the very bottom in order to reach Mount Purgatory on the other side of the world. They converse throughout the journey and Dante reflects on the nature of sin and pities the souls damned in perpetual torment.

Minos was the judge in the second circle of Hell who judged the souls before they were sent further down. The more times he wrapped his tail around the soul, the further down the soul would go. It is necessary to mention that it wasn't really the magnitude of the sin which decided how far down they would go, but what type of sin, as the circles of Hell are group into sins (i.e. Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Heresy, etc.).

Throughout the journey, Dante's emotions metastasize and eventually snowball up into extreme "woe is me, woe is me."

The setting of this poem is most likely near the beginning of the epic.

That is, if the poem is indeed about the Inferno. Of course, disregard this if the author comes here and says otherwise.

Back