• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Well, that sounds long enough for the alpha. One Gym, four towns, and a few events? Yeah, that's a good length. It'll be really fun! Just hope everything goes alright!

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Cool, so it seems that that will be the length of our Alpha. I think we just about have all the bugs sorted, we just have to map the Gym and get some trainer sprites/overworlds sorted. I'm still looking for an overworld person!! ^^

MegaMaccer

Years
Are you gonna edit the attacks and stats of the fakemon?
Definitely. That is one of the more major things I will be focusing on. They will have their own stats, icons, everything, including Pokedex entries ^^. I *may* do footprints, but thats not definite. They will probably all have their own cries as well, but not necessarily in the first alpha ^^

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
did someone say overworlds?
lol ive been keeping an eye on this and it looks really good
anyway i can do overworlds, ill pm you proof of work

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

Years
did someone say overworlds?
lol ive been keeping an eye on this and it looks really good
anyway i can do overworlds, ill pm you a patch for proof of work
Great ^^. Just send over the patch when you can. Can you also do trainers? Like, battle sprites for trainers? That would be great :D
Anyway, I've been working on some dex entries, so will have pics up soon with those.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
lol im a beta tester for this game and i havnt been here in a while srry guys games looking great

MegaMaccer

Years
2 more sprites to rate, I'm sorry about the slowness of battle and stat screens, lifes been pretty busy for the whole team lately, but we will be getting back into the flow of things soon ^^. We don't seem to be slowing down, there is just a lack of screens :\. Don't stress though, there will be some in-game screenshots coming very soon ^^. You may notice that these sprites are different than the other pokemon sprites I've shown, its because these ones are Scratch, and not from the 2 "Torzach" Dex's ^^ There will be more of everyones favourite sprites coming soon though ^^. For now, let us know what you think of these.
Spoiler:

Oh, and happy April fools day everyone! ^^ Todoroki seems to be quite a popular username lately.... :D

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Oh, and happy April fools day everyone! ^^ Todoroki seems to be quite a popular username lately.... :D

LOL yeah. At first I logged in and was like WTH?? Then I noticed the date in the corner of my computer screen. XD Seems like I'm back to being good old 'minchan' XD Wait!! I'm only 15! that's not old.... XP

I like the sprites btw! ^^

MegaMaccer

Years
Glad everyone likes them. In this post I'd like to clear up some things I've heard flying round the community and mostly my PM box ^^. The hack is pronounced "Tor-zack" although it is spelled Torzach. I have also been hearing that a few people are somewhat confused about the story, and some saying like it is very similar to actual pokemon games. Well, I tried to make it very different, in that there is no "Evil Team" at all. In the official games the main quest was to stop the evil team from taking over the world. Well, in this hack, they already have. Its your job to take back the country, along with the rangers. Another thing is that these rangers aren't like the rangers in the official games, they are more like a secret police type thing, or if you prefer, the old government, before Enigma took over.
Anyway, I hope that cleared up some stuff, now I need some advice: What does everyone think we should replace the Pokemon League with? It is definetly going, I'm just not sure what to replace it with. I do have some ideas, but I'd like yours as well ^^
Last thing, as this post is getting way to long, a new position has opened up for a scripter. I have 2, but we still need one more. They preferably need to have instant messenger, anything except AIM ^^. And I also need some private sprite raters. I have a sprite that needs rating, but I don't want to release it to the public. I'm gonna do something a bit different and say the first 5 people to send me a pm, that look like they can do the job, will get it ^^

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Glad everyone likes them. In this post I'd like to clear up some things I've heard flying round the community and mostly my PM box ^^. The hack is pronounced "Tor-zack" although it is spelled Torzach. I have also been hearing that a few people are somewhat confused about the story, and some saying like it is very similar to actual pokemon games. Well, I tried to make it very different, in that there is no "Evil Team" at all. In the official games the main quest was to stop the evil team from taking over the world. Well, in this hack, they already have. Its your job to take back the country, along with the rangers. Another thing is that these rangers aren't like the rangers in the official games, they are more like a secret police type thing, or if you prefer, the old government, before Enigma took over.
Anyway, I hope that cleared up some stuff, now I need some advice: What does everyone think we should replace the Pokemon League with? It is definetly going, I'm just not sure what to replace it with. I do have some ideas, but I'd like yours as well ^^
Last thing, as this post is getting way to long, a new position has opened up for a scripter. I have 2, but we still need one more. They preferably need to have instant messenger, anything except AIM ^^. And I also need some private sprite raters. I have a sprite that needs rating, but I don't want to release it to the public. I'm gonna do something a bit different and say the first 5 people to send me a pm, that look like they can do the job, will get it ^^
maybe have a tournament sort of thing which randomizes who out of a certain group u get to vs?

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:
Klappey.png

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):
Lorattie.png

Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

As always, please let me know what you think may need to be improved.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:
Klappey.png

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):
Lorattie.png

Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

As always, please let me know what you think may need to be improved.

The first one looks good. It could have a slightly darker pallet though. The second one looks good, and the red one looks the best. But it needs more light shining on it's head. And the third, it looks very good! Just his eye color looks strange. But they are very good.

And to Mac, I think you can replace the Pokemon League with a Tournament like someone suggested earlier. But the winner of the tournament fights the old champion. If you beat the champion, you become champion. How does that sound?

21eeveevulpix

Master of the Eons
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
if you need a front image spriter I can do that, I have miles too much spare time, and that would fill it up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back