• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
"D'you think it has something to do with that pokeball? I mean, the one he's next to? That's not his scyther's pokeball, and as far as I know that's his only pokemon." Please wake up soon, Kensai, please let him be all right.

Tabby shook him gently, trying to wake him up. "Kensai! Rise and shine!" she said loudly. She was gratified to see him sit up.

"What...What happened?" he asked them.

"I have no idea. Actually, I was kinda hoping you'd tell me. You passed out, and your arm was covered in blood. This pokeball was near you." She held up the pokeball. "Look familiar? By the way, you owe me a training session."

Kyndle looked up at Tabby. She loved her trainer a lot, so much. She'd always tried to do her best for her. She even sort of liked this icy place, even though it was so icy and she was a fire pokemon. Now this man was hurt, and she was helping Tabby again, trying to save him.

The man's scyther was pretty nice. He wasn't super social, but he wasn't a jerk either. Kensai seemed nice, too, but very quiet.

Tabby would probably be heartbroken if this man died. She always felt so much empathy for others.... Kyndle felt a lot, too, but mostly towards other pokemon. Humans, she had learned through harsh experience, couldn't always be trusted. But if Tabby trusted him, it was all right. Kyndle knew that if her trainer could trust someone, so could she. She could depend on Tabby...

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
The man finally regained consciousness. Ikiji placed his hand inside his coat, and felt his knife. If anyone attacked again, he'd be ready.

"Listen. I don't particularly care whether you trust me or not at this point, but considering I just saved your life, the least you could do is humor me. Do you recall anything about how you got that wound?"

He looked around, searching for signs of being watched. Matsuko paced around the room, checking doors and hallways warily.

He'll live. And hopefully, he knows enough about what happened to identify his assailant...

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai looked down at the pokeball lying next to him. Suddenly he grabbed it and shot up. As he did so he got a little dizzy and fell back on his butt. "Oh yeah!" he said with a grin on his face. "You wanna train? lets train...but i think ima have to sit as we do.." he let out a little laugh. He was so excited about his new pokemon that he forgot all about hiding his emotions from everyone. After about a minute he tried standing again, this time successfully. He looked around and found an open area with a bench near one of the borders. He went and sat on the bench and motioned tabby over. "Lets have a battle!"

While he was doing this, Scyther was busy hugging the other trainer out of sheer excitement that his trainer was ok. Kensai looked over and yelled, "Yeah i remember now, come over here and you will see!"

Years
Tabby rubbed her back. That was the last time she was ever going to let a scyther hug her. Ow.

She ran over to where Kensai was standing, an open area surrounded by benches.

"You can have the first turn, since I'm obviously gonna kick your butt," Tabby called across the clearing. Her only pokemon, Kyndle, ran out in front of her to be ready.

Tabby still had no idea what had happened to Kensai earlier, but he certainly seemed to be back up to speed now. She assumed it had something to do with the pokeball, but she figured that she could just wait and see. She waited for Kensai to make his move.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Train...? What the hell...?

Ikiji watched the man grab the pokeball and stuble his way over to a bench, muttering something about wanting to "train." Once he flopped on the bench, he promptly challenged the girl to a battle.

Did he suffer brain damage? This isn't good...I don't have the medical expertise to deal with this...
------------------
Matsuko watched the man walk-trip his way to a bench. Ikiji was watching him with a nervous look; she guessed exactly what he was thinking. She sighed.

No, Kij, you didn't screw up, and it's not brain damage...this guy's just a complete idiot...

She looked reproachfully at Ikiji.

Why'd you have to go and revive him...?

She knew it was for the best, but she let out another sigh anyway.

Looks like any chance of finding real soldiers in this group was unlikely. With a trained military unit like the PXS, that didn't bode well. She prayed that they were more competent than this, or this would be a very short war indeed...

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
"You were right about the pokeball It has everything to do with what happened to me. The little bugger attacked me while i was taking refuge in a cave." He turned and looked at the other pokemon. "By the way, the cave was large, there could be some spies in there." He turned back to tabby. "Anyways, he's pretty tough. Alright lets do this!"

Kensai through the pokeball releasing a Black Trapinch.. "Use Bite Trapinch!" But instead the trapinch dug a hole under ground. "Sigh..Figures it wont listen to me yet...well i guess its your turn now..."

Years
"You might want to try your scyther," Tabby advised. "Kyndle, use flamethrower now!"

Kyndle dashed up to the trapinch - or where the trapinch had been - and breathed a long line of fire down the tunnel. Hopefully it would hit the trapinch. Kyndle ran back to Tabby's side to wait for the next command.

"By the way, nice trapinch. I though they were orange, though. How'd you get a black one?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
A wild f****** pokemon.

Ikiji barely hid the contempt on his face.

So it had nothing to do with the PXS at all...

He turned and replaced his hood on his head. He spoke through gritted teeth. "I'm going to scout out the PXS. Have fun with your battle. Matsuko? Make sure they don't kill themselves, or swallow their tongues or anything. Radio's still on the table in there. Use it if you need to contact me."

With that, he set off into the snow.
-------------------------------
Told you...

Matsuko went over and leaned against the wall, watching the two trainers fight. The man released his black Trapiinch, and she laughed when it ignored his order and burrowed into the ground.

Not exactly soldier material...but at least they're amusing. Might as well relax for now; we'll sort the plan out later.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
"Heh it attacked me, i didnt notice it was a different color till later. But i wouldn't count the trapinch out just yet!" Even though Trapinch didn't follow Kensai's orders it was still tough. As fire was shooting through the tunnel trapinch made it shot up right under the Vulpix mouth open trying to close its jaws around the vulpix. Although it wasnt what Kensai woulda done atleast even if it missed the attack the fire shooting up would be hard to avoid.

Years
Tabby watched as her vulpix leaped back from the snapping jaws of the trapinch. Good! Now it was above ground, at least for the time being.

"Kyndle, use quick attack!"

Kyndle dashed quickly at the trapinch and attacked it, then withdrew and waited for another command. She knew it was best to get out of range as soon as you finished attacking, in case the pokemon tries something quickly.

Kyndle didn't like the stranger's pikachu. She seemed arrogant, as well as a bit conceited. What had her trainer called her... Matsuko?

When Kensai's trapinch had refused to obey him, she had laughed. What was that about? It was a brand-new pokemon. It was bound not to obey orders right away.

"If you think it's boring, you don't have to watch," she snarled at the pikachu. All the humans heard was pokemon speech, of course.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Trapinch wasn't a fast pokemon but it made up for it with its defense. It took the quick attack head on and went flying back but was able to land on its feet. "Trapinch, use Sand Tomb!" It ignored Kensai's order until Scyther came up and began growling angrily at the pokemon. The two didn't like each other, but Trapinch was smart enough to not mess with Scyther, atleast while it was in a fight with something else. It turned towards the vulpix and opened its mouth and then slammed it quickly. All the ground around The vulpix turned into a vortex of quicksand. A pokemon would have to be extremly fast or be able to fly to avoid that attack, although even then it would partly be luck. "Eh Dont worry about that pikachu Tabby. Its no concern of ours" he said as his seriousness was coming back. "Its no threat to us."

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko spoke calmly to the Vulpix.

<I understand that it's a freshly-caught pokemon, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny. There's just something about regular trainers that I find...amusing.>

She yawned.

<Besides, we're allies, right? At least, that's what Kij said. So, there's no reason for us to be at each other's throats.>

Years
Tabby watched in horror as her vulpix was swept up by the move sand tomb, made worse because she knew how good ground worked against fire. Kyndle landed and, amazingly, stayed on her feet. But she was a lot weaker, and it was time for a last-resort move.

"Kyndle! Fire Blast now!" she shouted.

A ring of fire formed around Kyndle, then launched itself at the trapinch and exploded. Tabby had never seen a pokemon dodge fire blast before and hoped this wouldn't be the first time. But then again, trapinch wasn't an especially fast pokemon.

"Good work, Kyndle!" she called in encouragement.

<Ordinary trainers? What do you mean by that? Like YOUR trainer isn't ordinary like the rest of ours?> Kyndle shot back. If this pokemon ever called Tabby ordinary...

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko closed her eyes. She spoke softly, which was extremely unusual for her.

<You want to know the truth? I envy you. No, not just you, all of you. You lead such calm, peaceful lives. But Kij and me...no, we could never have a life like that. With everything we've been through...what he's seen...no human his age should ever have to witness such things.>

She let out a sigh of longing.

<Once upon a time, I might've been like you. Ikiji could've been the same as your trainer there. We could've had the same life as anyone else. But now, that's something we can never get back. We have a mission now, one he's willing to die for...and one I'm willing to die for, as well. I don't know what'll happen when we've reached the end, but...>

She hesitated, and sounded almost sad.

<If I have to die to see it happen, then I will. A thousand times over.>

<To me, to us, you're normal...if only because you are, and never will be, anything like us.>

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
This wasn't good. There was only one chance. Kensai just hoped that Trapinch knew the move. "Trapinch use SandStorm!!" Trapinch stood there for a moment before its eyes began to glow and a whirlwind of sand began spinning around Trapinch. It blocked most of the fire but a little bit still got through burning Trapinch. It was weak now but it could still fight. Man im glad Scyther is here to keep this Trapinch under control. I think it just likes to fight...heh well i can help it with that.

Scyther had heard what the pikachu was saying about Kensai and it hit a nerve. It turned towards the pikachu and used quick attack to move to right behind the pikachu, facing the opposite direction.

<If i were you, i wouldn't talk about my trainer like you know him! He has lost EVERYTHING he has ever known. Stop throwing yourselves a pity party! your not the only ones who have lost in this war!>

Years
"Kyndle!" Tabby shouted as she ran towards her pokemon, who had been knocked out by sandstorm. Darnit, she'd let Kensai win. Oh well.

"You SO owe me a rematch," she told him. "You're just lucky you have scyther to keep your trapinch under control." She grinned, to show that there were no hard feelings. She gave Kyndle a revival herb, and the vulpix jumped up again, spitting out bits of the bitter herb.

Revived from her faint, Kyndle again turned to Matsuko.

<What do you mean? We've been through a lot, too. So's Kensai and his pokemon. Why do you think that you've been through more? And what happened?>

She looked curiously at the pikachu with a new respect. She really couldn't imagine Ikiji to be anything like Tabby. They just seemed so... Different from each other.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai blinked for a second. He was surprised, he wasn't sure he would have won that fight, he got lucky. "That was a good fight, we can make training together a regular thing if you want...but you might want to catch another pokemon if thats the case, i dont want mine to get used to only fighting your vulpix, even though it is really tough!" He let a small smile slip as he turned to see where his Scyther went. "Scyther! what are you doing?! stop that!"

Scyther ignored Kensai and kept speaking to the pikachu.

<You think he is normal? Even after being attacked and losing alot of blood He still can't think of anything but becoming stronger. You may think he is stupid for battling now, but he will give everything to get back what he has lost!>

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
<THIS war? If only we were that lucky. Do you want to know the truth? The REAL truth?!>

<Five years ago, Ikiji watched his own mother and father murdered right in front of him. He got thrown out onto the streets, and he and I spent the next five years living of society's scraps and getting screwed by every junkie, criminal, and outcast who thought they could get something out of us. He's been shot countless times, and I nearly lost my tail at one point! Those men...they took everything from us! He was going to be a trainer, and win the league, did you know that? Then...then those bastards...>

She fought to control herself.

<We're chasing ghosts. The men who did it, they got away. The police couldn't do anything, once they gave up, who else could we turn to? Who would help an eight-year-old and a Pichu catch a group of murderers? Then...there's Saiya. His sister, and the only family he might have left. If, IF, she's still even alive. Revenge, Saiya, those are the only two things that keep us going.>

She let out a deep, long sigh.

<Forgive me if I acted so hostile, but...I just...after five years, we aren't any closer...>

<Focus on the battle. I don't want to see you lose because of me.>

Years
Tabby smiled. "Sure, it would be great to train together more," she replied. "That was fun!"

Maybe Kensai wasn't quite as cold as she thought he was upon first meeting him. Now he seemed... more like someone who had lost a lot and was determined to get it back, but could afford to have fun in between.

Kyndle's eyes widened.

<I'm really sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help...>

OOC: Gotta go now. School tomorrow, and it's like, 12:00 here. Plus, my dad just told me to get off. Bye!

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Scyther Sighed as it heard the pikachu tell of its past. He could definatly relate.

<look, im sorry, here i was lecturing you about you acting like your the only one who lost something, when i was the one really acting like that...> He tried to change the subject.

<So...what is it like to evolve?> Scyther really wanted to evolve, mostly so he could gain more power but also he always admired Scizor's.

Meanwhile trapinch had found another bench and began attacking it, biting down on the wood and metal chair.

(ooc: lol its almost 3 here >_< haha well good luck! it was fun laterz!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back