• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Hey is there a Complter Pokemon Ruby Text INI if so could any body plz provide me with a download.

Not complete, but you could copy this into the one you already have

Spoiler:

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
How do you set up a script for ruby to get the pokedex, running shoes, and starter pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
REALLY HARD QUESTION ALERT! i would love if some important people looked at this question...

Is it possible to change the overworld of the hero inside the game??? plz... IMPORTANT

less important question now.
in my hack (FR) randomly in the viridian forest the game freezes up an only yhe camera moves a little. it happens completely randomly. Any ideas? Oh! and wat about can anyone explain why or how to fix why when in a script if the weather is anything other than normal and i fade the screen...why does the screen get darker? Ideas any1? help plz!!!!!!!!!! and when i say the screen gets darker i dont mean i didnt return the screen from the dark fade. i mean the general appearance of the tiles gets slightly darker

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
What is the offset for whenn professor oak is talking to you and asking for your name,if ur a boy/girl,you know in his intro in firered? thanks in advance :)

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
just using a hex editor how would i
- change weather
- change pokemon movesets
in ruby??
^_^

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
How do you set up a script for ruby to get the pokedex, running shoes, and starter pokemon?

use the special function. You cannot get the nationaldex in ruby without trading to a FR rom.

REALLY HARD QUESTION ALERT! i would love if some important people looked at this question...

Is it possible to change the overworld of the hero inside the game??? plz... IMPORTANT

less important question now.
in my hack (FR) randomly in the viridian forest the game freezes up an only yhe camera moves a little. it happens completely randomly. Any ideas? Oh! and wat about can anyone explain why or how to fix why when in a script if the weather is anything other than normal and i fade the screen...why does the screen get darker? Ideas any1? help plz!!!!!!!!!! and when i say the screen gets darker i dont mean i didnt return the screen from the dark fade. i mean the general appearance of the tiles gets slightly darker

1. No it is not use advance OW editor.
2. not sure.

What is the offset for whenn professor oak is talking to you and asking for your name,if ur a boy/girl,you know in his intro in firered? thanks in advance :)

in the English version it should be 342. Don't forget to check the 256 colors and the B&W check boxes, you also want to hit the - button once or twice.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Sounds like a color issue, did you make sure you use the colors from that tilesets palette? They also have to have compatible RBG color values to show up right in A-Map, which I believe is increments of 8.

But then it wouldn't look like what I want would it? They won't have the FR/LG color feeling to them.

And also, can you tell me how to write a script so that if in R/S/E I don't set the clock in the beginning, I'm not allowed to leave my room?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
But then it wouldn't look like what I want would it? They won't have the FR/LG color feeling to them.

And also, can you tell me how to write a script so that if in R/S/E I don't set the clock in the beginning, I'm not allowed to leave my room?

It will looke the same, you only have to make sure the colors are 8 numeric increments, so if you have a Red: of 63 a Blue of 45 and a Green of 62 it should be changed to a Red of 62, a Blue of 45 and Green of 62. The color shift is minuscule so nobody will really see the difference.

just edit the script by the stairs and remove any checkflags, or just remove the script entirely.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
1. No it is not use advance OW editor.

Before you say anything, please know what you're talking about. >_>

It's possible to change the OW in the middle of the game, but only into another one that's already there. For example, you can set your OW to turn into Giovanni in a tux when you do a contest or something. :\ It requires writebytetooffset in a level script, if I remember correctly.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Before you say anything, please know what you're talking about. >_>

It's possible to change the OW in the middle of the game, but only into another one that's already there. For example, you can set your OW to turn into Giovanni in a tux when you do a contest or something. :\ It requires writebytetooffset in a level script, if I remember correctly.

Taking what he said in context I assumed he was talking about changing the actual sprite INSIDE the game not DURING the game.

So before you start taking pot shots at people, perhaps think about reading the post as a responder might read the post.

What is it with people taking every opportunity they can to jump down someones throat? We are not 5 years old... well most of us.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Taking what he said in context I assumed he was talking about changing the actual sprite INSIDE the game not DURING the game.

So before you start taking pot shots at people, perhaps think about reading the post as a responder might read the post.

What is it with people taking every opportunity they can to jump down someones throat? We are not 5 years old... well most of us.
>_> I'm not jumping at your throat, gee. Just remember that noobs people with bad grammar say "inside" when they mean in.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
Omg, can someone help me?
I wanted to create SOUTHERN ISLAND from Emerald onto FireRed, right?
I'm lazy, so I saved Emerald's map data and inserted it into FireRed.
Obviously the tiles were off so I fixed them, set up my tileset, deleted all events and wild pokemon and made sure that all header info was "okay". But whenever I try to edit the map (after inserting it), a popup says "Canvas does not allow drawing".

What's going on? Do I HAVE to make the whole thing from scratch? I know it's not that hard, but I'm just lazy.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
is there pokemon evulotion editor for pokemon platinum and elite map for pokemon platinum?

As of yet, there are no Map editors for The following Pokemon Advanced/DS Handheld games.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire
Pokemon Trozei
Pokemon Rangers
Pokemon Dash
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Space
Pokemon Ranger: The Second Coming (LOL, Forgot title)
Pokemon Platinum
I hope this one post clears that up for teh time being (Until a new map editor is made.)

About editing Evolutions... I do not believe such a tool exists yet, but when it does, you'll probably see a thread in the 'Toolbox'

Omg, can someone help me?
I wanted to create SOUTHERN ISLAND from Emerald onto FireRed, right?
I'm lazy, so I saved Emerald's map data and inserted it into FireRed.
Obviously the tiles were off so I fixed them, set up my tileset, deleted all events and wild pokemon and made sure that all header info was "okay". But whenever I try to edit the map (after inserting it), a popup says "Canvas does not allow drawing".

What's going on? Do I HAVE to make the whole thing from scratch? I know it's not that hard, but I'm just lazy.

I have never seen this error before... Are you using the most updated A-Map? (Advance Map 1.92)
If not, update.

If so, your best bet would to just remake the island.
Less chance of errors... the events that happen there might be a different story, unless you know how to remake them! ^_^ (scripting of course, the script from Emerald Will Not Work.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
I have a script question. Is there any possibilities to make a once per day event in FR rom ? Like trainer battle or something like that?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a script question. Is there any possibilities to make a once per day event in FR rom ? Like trainer battle or something like that?

Unfortunately, as of yet, there are no ways to create a time based event in Pokemon Fire Red version.

You can however make events that use the 'Total Time Played' as a sort of clock...
It is like the RTC, only it will only advance until it hits 99:99:99:99 (Hours : Minutes : Seconds : Milliseconds) and it only advance when the player plays the game, unlike the REAL, RTC, which advances infinitely, and works while the game is shut off...

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
>_> I'm not jumping at your throat, gee. Just remember that noobs people with bad grammar say "inside" when they mean in.

im not a noob! sort of... ok maybe I am... i dont wanna talk about it. lol jk . ty for answering my question, now i kinda want to do it. so do u know where i can find something that tells me exactly how i go about doing that or could YOU tell me how do that. Much appreciated. Its going to be okay everyone......

P.S. and ty for understanding what i meant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back