The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Red Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old April 22nd, 2009 (3:06 PM).
BryanDX's Avatar
BryanDX BryanDX is offline
Rookie detective
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Las Vegas
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 57
    How do you Trade Pokemon from Brown to C/S/G with VBA?
      #277    
    Old April 22nd, 2009 (4:57 PM).
    tifaluv's Avatar
    tifaluv tifaluv is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Gender:
      Posts: 96
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Demo123 View Post
      No, it will always be Ditto.

      No you're completely wrong. I caught Mew. As long as you don't let him transform you'll catch MEW.


      And he's located at the end of the Park Zone secret route
        #278    
      Old April 22nd, 2009 (5:37 PM).
      NecromancingSaga's Avatar
      NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
      Dreaming LOVELY BOY
         
        Join Date: Sep 2004
        Age: 28
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 112
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tifaluv View Post
        No you're completely wrong. I caught Mew. As long as you don't let him transform you'll catch MEW.


        And he's located at the end of the Park Zone secret route
        are you sure? maybe that is the reason why i got a lv 50 ditto.
        I think that CBM made this on purpose like the dogs using roar and then disappearing, so you have a hard time catching legendaries.
          #279    
        Old April 22nd, 2009 (6:08 PM).
        Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
        Mostly Dead
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: Somewhere
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 1,092
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by NecromancingSaga
        are you sure? maybe that is the reason why i got a lv 50 ditto.
        I think that CBM made this on purpose like the dogs using roar and then disappearing, so you have a hard time catching legendaries.

        You're right...He said it somewhere in this thread...He says there suppose to be more challenging...This also happens in the original Red...
          #280    
        Old April 22nd, 2009 (6:34 PM).
        poddish's Avatar
        poddish poddish is offline
        Spirit Of Radio
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Location: Earth
          Posts: 234
          A few more questions:
          1.how do you choose what eevee evolves into, besides the stone eeveelutions?
          2.Same question, but with tyrogue
          3.Where are the fossils?
          4.Where is the super rod?
          5.why do you get 2 choices of eevee in the casino?
          6.What is the purpose of the ? in a circle missingno?
          __________________
          I believe children are the future.
          As such, we can do whatever we want, and in the future, when it's time to clean up our mess, they will have to do it for us.
            #281    
          Old April 22nd, 2009 (6:41 PM).
          Melash's Avatar
          Melash Melash is offline
          Back for now.
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: Idaho
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 426
            I also can't seem to find the Old Man's amulet, I'll have to look around for it...any suggstions?
              #282    
            Old April 22nd, 2009 (7:21 PM).
            NecromancingSaga's Avatar
            NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
            Dreaming LOVELY BOY
               
              Join Date: Sep 2004
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 112
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by poddish View Post
              A few more questions:
              1.how do you choose what eevee evolves into, besides the stone eeveelutions?
              CBM explained(something about stats being different) that depending on where you get your eevee, it will evolve into a different pokemon that is the reason why there are 2 eevees in the game corner.
                #283    
              Old April 23rd, 2009 (6:06 AM).
              YellowAdventure's Avatar
              YellowAdventure YellowAdventure is offline
              My name is Yellow
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Age: 29
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 31
                there are four different eevee threw out brown
                On YouTube Channel I will have a video today explaining how to get the Umbeon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon in Brown
                http://www.youtube.com/YellowAdventures
                __________________





                  #284    
                Old April 23rd, 2009 (8:45 AM).
                Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
                Mostly Dead
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Somewhere
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 1,092
                I'm sorry but wheres the card key...I can't find it anywhere...Please answer...Or you could give me a general Direction...In other words...A hint...
                  #285    
                Old April 23rd, 2009 (8:57 AM).
                NecromancingSaga's Avatar
                NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
                Dreaming LOVELY BOY
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2004
                  Age: 28
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 112
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dragonfirenightmare9 View Post
                  I'm sorry but wheres the card key...I can't find it anywhere...Please answer...Or you could give me a general Direction...In other words...A hint...
                  i think it is where you fight the ghosts
                    #286    
                  Old April 23rd, 2009 (9:14 AM). Edited April 23rd, 2009 by Master Terrador.
                  Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
                  Mostly Dead
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                  Location: Somewhere
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 1,092
                  Thanx...I got it...Could someone answer my question about the 8th Gym...

                  EDIT-Never Mind...I found the Mist Stone...
                    #287    
                  Old April 23rd, 2009 (9:20 AM).
                  NecromancingSaga's Avatar
                  NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
                  Dreaming LOVELY BOY
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2004
                    Age: 28
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 112
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dragonfirenightmare9 View Post
                    Thanx...I got it...Could someone answer my question about the 8th Gym...
                    you need the mist stone but i don't remember where i got it
                      #288    
                    Old April 23rd, 2009 (9:41 AM).
                    robertwilcox robertwilcox is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                      Posts: 1
                      A cave right at the start... and a inconspicuous trainer waiting at the very very end once you get out... All my pokemon were barely alive and I blacked out.

                      ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
                        #289    
                      Old April 23rd, 2009 (10:13 AM).
                      snookers snookers is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2009
                        Posts: 3
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by poddish View Post
                        yep
                        Yanma:level 45
                        magmar: magmarizer
                        electribuz:electrizer
                        I got the yanmega and the electrizer, but where is magmarizer?
                          #290    
                        Old April 23rd, 2009 (10:28 AM).
                        insectduel's Avatar
                        insectduel insectduel is offline
                        Pokémon Brown Manga Maker
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2005
                          Location: Bronx, New York
                          Age: 33
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Rash
                          Posts: 222
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by BryanDX View Post
                          How do you Trade Pokemon from Brown to C/S/G with VBA?
                          You need the VBA link Emulator, just turn on 2 gameboys with 2 different sa[GB Number] files to trade. Also, try not to bring an egg because you won't be able to carry it to Brown.


                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ExDarkrai View Post
                          And what link speed timeout did you find worked best? !
                          About 20 to 35. And what's even more unnoticable is some of the statistics isn't based until you evolve it.
                          __________________
                            #291    
                          Old April 23rd, 2009 (10:29 AM).
                          tifaluv's Avatar
                          tifaluv tifaluv is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2009
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 96
                            The GSC/Pearl/Diamound item evolutions don't learn moves naturally once evolved

                            and I played around with Walk through Walls lol cuz I had to see what was in that blocked off house
                              #292    
                            Old April 23rd, 2009 (10:41 AM). Edited April 23rd, 2009 by Dominus_Draconis.
                            Dominus_Draconis Dominus_Draconis is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 67
                              which floor is clefairy on in merson cave? I am on day 3 of hunting it down, it is even harder to find than sandshrew, also, is there more than one moonstone in the game?

                              Edit: I was training up a machop in merson cave, it was at level 32 when I caught it(I was training in merson cave because I was looking for a clefairy, still have not gotten it, though has proven fairly useful, while the guys give really bad experience, I still may as well kill them anyway and level up while waiting for the thing to appear so have been evolving pokemon to fill up my dex) anyway, I got it to 33 and it evolved and upon evolution, it learned water gun O_o
                                #293    
                              Old April 23rd, 2009 (11:18 AM).
                              NecromancingSaga's Avatar
                              NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
                              Dreaming LOVELY BOY
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2004
                                Age: 28
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 112
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by snookers View Post
                                I got the yanmega and the electrizer, but where is magmarizer?
                                is in jotho, on the route above the ilex forest, use surf
                                  #294    
                                Old April 23rd, 2009 (1:02 PM).
                                Mkhatri86 Mkhatri86 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Gender:
                                  Posts: 4
                                  Does this somehow have running shoes?
                                  __________________



                                    #295    
                                  Old April 23rd, 2009 (2:46 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2009 by Master Terrador.
                                  Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
                                  Mostly Dead
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                  Location: Somewhere
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quiet
                                  Posts: 1,092
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Mkhatri86
                                  Does this somehow have running shoes?

                                  No...Prism Does...Not Brown...

                                  EDIT-People say Suicune's in this...but I can't find him...or Zapdos...Help...Again...
                                    #296    
                                  Old April 23rd, 2009 (4:56 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2009 by YellowAdventure.
                                  YellowAdventure's Avatar
                                  YellowAdventure YellowAdventure is offline
                                  My name is Yellow
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                    Age: 29
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 31
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by YellowAdventure View Post
                                    there are four different eevee threw out brown
                                    On YouTube Channel I will have a video today explaining how to get the Umbeon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon in Brown
                                    http://www.youtube.com/YellowAdventures
                                    I have made the video.
                                    Please check it out
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18WrLA0HLg
                                    __________________





                                      #297    
                                    Old April 23rd, 2009 (5:25 PM).
                                    axman11224's Avatar
                                    axman11224 axman11224 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 81
                                      I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

                                      So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this :P), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

                                      So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

                                      The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

                                      I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

                                      I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game :)
                                      __________________
                                        #298    
                                      Old April 23rd, 2009 (5:49 PM).
                                      Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
                                      Mostly Dead
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                                      Location: Somewhere
                                      Age: 24
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quiet
                                      Posts: 1,092
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by axman11224
                                      I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

                                      So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this :P), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

                                      So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

                                      The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

                                      I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

                                      I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game :)
                                      Jeez thats alot of text to swallow...Yes...Never doubt the skills of KBM...He's one of (If not) The best Hackers here...Also...can you get Entei...The only Dog I found is Raikou...
                                        #299    
                                      Old April 23rd, 2009 (7:13 PM).
                                      Stalin Malone's Avatar
                                      Stalin Malone Stalin Malone is offline
                                      Order. Stability. Progress.
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                                        Location: Is that the future you were expecting?
                                        Age: 31
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Sassy
                                        Posts: 238
                                        Where do you find Clefairy?
                                        __________________

                                          #300    
                                        Old April 23rd, 2009 (7:45 PM).
                                        NecromancingSaga's Avatar
                                        NecromancingSaga NecromancingSaga is offline
                                        Dreaming LOVELY BOY
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2004
                                          Age: 28
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Gentle
                                          Posts: 112
                                          in merson cave? i think in first and second floor
                                          Closed Thread

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:36 PM.