• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: TCA

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I love the idea. I love the card game but, I can never find someone to play with.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
After looking at Kyledove's work (and staring at the Lickilicky TC on my desk), I was inspired to do some sprite work for Odyssey.

lickilicky.png
cacturne.png
imakuni.png
bibarelr.png
hitmonchan.png

Please don't feel pressured to use these. I do them for fun in my spare time unless you need specifics.

There will be more to come on my deviantART page if you'd like to check them out. My dA also has information on each card (set, artist) and a link to its corresponding picture on PokéBeach.

In spoilers are the sprites inside the card bases provided earlier.
Spoiler:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Diggeh! You hath returned as prophesised!

Heh, you're still a great spriter. All that needs fixing are outline colours - they're too black. Both me and Kyledove were saying how much we loved that Bibarel card artwork, and you beat us to it.

I can't really talk for Waudby, but I'm sure with a bit of touching up they'll be used ^_^

Waudby

I've saved them and well touch up a few of the bits that need touching up. It's really great to see how many people are attempting to do graphics for us, this is the most interest I've had from people wanting to help since I've been signed up here.

It's really good to see it's inspired things.

:D

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
It was a brilliant idea. Keep it up.
I was inspired by Kyledove's work and I decided to try some.
Luxray.png

Luxray
Manaphy.png

Manaphy
Gastly.png

Gastly

This is my first attempt. So don't expect much. XD
Hope you like it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
After looking at Kyledove's work (and staring at the Lickilicky TC on my desk), I was inspired to do some sprite work for Odyssey.

lickilicky.png
cacturne.png
imakuni.png
bibarelr.png
hitmonchan.png

Please don't feel pressured to use these. I do them for fun in my spare time unless you need specifics.

There will be more to come on my deviantART page if you'd like to check them out. My dA also has information on each card (set, artist) and a link to its corresponding picture on PokéBeach.

In spoilers are the sprites inside the card bases provided earlier.
Spoiler:

Awesome sprites :O, they looks just perfect

Years
i for one am looking forward to this. i enjoyed the tcg for gameboy color and always wanted a new tcg to come out for ds. waudby, good luck to you.

Waudby

I was inspired by Kyledove's work and I decided to try some.
Luxray.png

Luxray
Manaphy.png

Manaphy
Gastly.png

Gastly

This is my first attempt. So don't expect much. XD
Hope you like it.

They're pretty brilliant for a first attempt :D i've saved those and will use them, can you provide links to the original cards for reference please?

budew.png

My turn. Yay. (AZURILL <3333)

The problem I see with these is that some of the shapes look a bit off :/ If you can fix them up a bit they may get used depending on whether or not someone makes the same Pokémon or not. Sorry.

i for one am looking forward to this. i enjoyed the tcg for gameboy color and always wanted a new tcg to come out for ds. waudby, good luck to you.

Thanks for the compliment :D

I'm glad to see people are looking forward to this because it's now not only my time that is going into this but everyone's time who has taken time from their lives to make the card sprites. So be sure to know that we will finish this game.

~ In game related news.

The starting deck listings are finished, we're just working on the card art, the "bully's" deck has been sorted out and revealed at a later date :P

The battle system is still coming along slowly due to limited time myself, hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Post any questions and comments you have please :D

Decypher

Craig Marshall
Years
I'm not sure whether you have an oddish or not yet, but heres one I'm in the progress of making. Before I spend time finishing it though, could you tell me whether its good enough to bother finishing, because i don't want to spend time on it if you're not going to use it. xD

oddishipcopy.png

Waudby

I'm not sure whether you have an oddish or not yet, but heres one I'm in the progress of making. Before I spend time finishing it though, could you tell me whether its good enough to bother finishing, because i don't want to spend time on it if you're not going to use it. xD

oddishipcopy.png

We actually have an oddish already made, in fact from what I can tell, it's based on the same card... LOL.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Well since others are posting theirs I thought I'd go ahead and post mine.
I've only made two so far, and I've gotten some great comments on them. But I wanted to see if you like them and if you think they should be in the game or not. :)

I'm working on a Cyndaquil one, and it's looking pretty good.
But before I continue, I'd like to see what you think about these.​

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
This definitely wins the most unique award. If done right, this could be really cool. I look forward to seeing what you guys can do.

Years
Since there has finally been an update that has shown real progress with the game I decided to post. I loved the TCG, both the game boy versions and the real card game. I have been following Odyssey for as long as I can remember it being on here and have always loved the work that has been put into the game. I was glad to see the game take this new turn as well. I wondered though, if you had come to a conclusion about releasing Odyssey as a starter kit like you have talked about before?

Waudby

Since there has finally been an update that has shown real progress with the game I decided to post. I loved the TCG, both the game boy versions and the real card game. I have been following Odyssey for as long as I can remember it being on here and have always loved the work that has been put into the game. I was glad to see the game take this new turn as well. I wondered though, if you had come to a conclusion about releasing Odyssey as a starter kit like you have talked about before?

Well there's a possibility of a Sphere Starter Kit being made once I get some time to put some pieces of it together, the individual systems are easy enough to make, however the battle system would take some time to make all by myself. I may try and get a few people together to help do something like this in the future.

I'm still working on the new card based battle system which is going through a bit of an overhaul as I wasn't too happy with the original look. I'll hopefully have something more to show soon.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Well since others are posting theirs I thought I'd go ahead and post mine.

I've only made two so far, and I've gotten some great comments on them. But I wanted to see if you like them and if you think they should be in the game or not. :)

I'm working on a Cyndaquil one, and it's looking pretty good.

But before I continue, I'd like to see what you think about these.​
I just wanted to know if you saw these. :)

Waudby

I just wanted to know if you saw these. :)

Yeah I did see them, sorry I didn't comment on them. I have saved these in a folder with your name on like the rest of them incase you want to do some more.

I look forward to seeing the Cyndaquil one if you were going to still do it?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Great idea with the new direction you're taking; the TCG hasn't had enough limelight these days ever since WotC had a nuke fall on them, and something like this is great to see.

Guess the Spheriki entry needs a-changin'. :P

Back