• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: The Awakening

Starters....

• Include new sprites! If you can...

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Use Pokemon that aren't normally used.

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Use starters from other Pokemon games

Votes: 13 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Pokemon: The Awakening ~~13th May Route 1 at 80%

Pokemon the Awakening
Hack of: FireRed (:

Story:

You start off in the small seaside village of Larent, where you live with your Mum and Dad. On the morning of your 15th birthday you come downstairs to be told to go to visit your Dad, who is a Pokemon breeder and works just across the bridge. Sadly he has lost your birthday present, a Pokemon, however he does have some odd looking Eggs. He says that you can take one of them home to look after, but on the way - shocker! - it hatches! Well, you might as well start your Pokemon journey now!

~~

Elsewhere in the Region of Carba people are going missing, from Hikers to School kids, Gym leaders to the Elite. And thats when the chaos begins.

The police have quarantined Mount. Tar, where sightings of extremely dangerous Pokemon have started. Deep in the heart of the mountain Team Zodiac are undergoing an ancient ritual to awaken the black dragon, Obsidian, using their hostages as bait for the colossal beast. To stop them you will have to team up with Rivals, Leaders and the odd Pokemon professor or two. Can you're combined efforts stop Obsidian rising again? Or will the world be plunged into chaos...

However, not everything is as it seems.​

Features:
-A New Region.
-A New Rival, and many new allies.
-A New set of 8 Gym Leaders, in interesting and challenging locations!
-A New evil team - Team Zodiac.
-Different Starter Pokemon! (To be Decided)
-A wide range of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Pokemon, however no D/P will be included (unless I have a change of heart).
-Some Pokemon evolution methods have/will be changed.
-A New Legendary Pokemon.
-Bye bye annoying Flash and Rock smash! They will feature but they are no longer HM moves that can't be deleted (or so is the plan!).
-Puzzles, Mazes and more!

I am also currently thinking about Fakemon. I would love the three Starter chains to be Fakemon, and also the main legendary of this game. However I am totally unskilled in this department so if anyone is up for a project please message me! (Thats a total of 10 Fakemon : P Unimpressive eh?)

Starter Plans: (From Post #4 and Post #20)
Now decided on :) Only read this is you are really bored... Haha.
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Updated 8th May
Spoiler:

Maps:
Updated 10th May.
Spoiler:

Looking for...:
I think I am good enough at Mapping to manage that task on my own, and I know the basics of Scripting using PokeScript so I can manage simple talking scripts on my own.

However I would appriciate anyone who is willing to help with:
-Complicated Scripts
-Fakemon Spriting/Indexing and some help putting them in game (: I have sketches of 1st stage starters already. No Longer needed.
-Title Screen redo, this isn't very important yet to be honest (:
-Gym Leader sprites, (see above note).

Progress
Pokemon Evolutions edited. DONE
Overworld Sprites. DONE (for the moment)
Mapping. STARTED
Spoiler:

Scripting. STARTED
Spoiler:

Spriting. -----

Support
With thanks to Alex:
Bannerbyalex.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
How this mysterious team is going to awake the most powerfull evil?With some trainers?The idea with the missing people is not original.Many people thought of that before.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
They plan to sacrifice the people with the most skill and the most powerful pokemon, people may have had missing people in the past. Though to be honest which Pokemon game is 100% original other than the first?

Gym Leaders will go missing, Elites will go missing. There will be search and rescue 'quests', other Gym Leaders will go into hiding in caves (Hence Challenging to get to).

If you have a criticism I would rather you suggested how it could be made different. "Not very original" is not very original ;).

Updates :3 What few screenshots I have and 2 Maps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Technically a double post I guess?

Updates!

I have decided on the (NEW POKEMON) starters typing and some of the descriptions etc.
Spoiler:

At the moment, for my sanity's sake, I am thinking of letting the Legendary be a rogue, rather overpowered, black Charizard. Since all Starters from previous games are not catchable I don't think its too much of a problem... and unlike Normal Charizard it would be Dark/Fire type with a new moveset.

What do you guys think? :) (Personally not too fond of the Water group at the moment, and did you notice I almost made two Triangles? XD Water - Fire - Grass with Flying - Ground - Ice. Its close << shh)

----

Edit:

Also thinking of ways around using HMs. I am thinking of trying to edit Rock Smash and Flash are those are my HM pet peeves...

I might try to see if Rock Smash can be replaced with an alternative, where as instead of searching for Rock Smash other moves are used (As in: Tackle, Pound, Mach Punch, Horn Attack, etc.) So there is no one specific move to break rocks.

Flash will probably be altered to a low level electric move.

Does anyone know what happens if I make Flash known by leveling up in Yape whether it is a deletable move? Hopefully it is because then thats problem solved! :D

Last edited:

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
Years
I can insert FakeMon If you want but you need to give me sprites

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for the offer Vladi! I'll make sure to message you once we have some... !

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
No,unfortunately he hasnt.
And i see you got some help,and fixed the story.Thats good to know.
I noticed some mapping mistakes in the maps.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Like Ray said nobody else has volunteered yet >< however lots of work can still be done on my behalf :)

Thanks Ray i'll check the maps!

Progress update! :3

-I have now perfected (well, mostly) the first script :) All that needs doing to it is inputting the write Pokemon-Hex number once.
-Recoloured the Character sprite, nothing big, just Red -> Blue. Also recoloured the egg so the three starter eggs are the right colours!
-Totally lost the first map due to an A-Map error... But thats just a good excuse to remake it :)

Last edited:

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
Years
Like Ray said nobody else has volunteered yet >< however lots of work can still be done on my behalf :)

Thanks Ray i'll check the maps!

Progress update! :3

-I have now perfected (well, mostly) the first script :) All that needs doing to it is inputting the write Pokemon-Hex number once.
-Recoloured the Character sprite, nothing big, just Red -> Blue. Also recoloured the egg so the three starter eggs are the right colours!
-Totally lost the first map due to an A-Map error... But thats just a good excuse to remake it :)

Keep the good work :).
Also i hate when i see in games the boy in blue.Please any other colour but not blue.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for the feedback Vladi :) I'll look into changing it though my top priority now is remaking the corrupt maps! Eh. Better this time too hopefully :)

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Hey, cool hack. Good luck with it. I could try sprite the fakemons for you? It would be hard tough, but I'll try?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Another Miniupdate... however theres no good news.

It appears the error I mentioned in previous posts killed a few more maps than possible. As in... every city and route map. Since that causes a few too many problems for me I have scratched that ROM and restarted, making sure to take backups as I go XD.

So. So far this afternoon I have:
----Edits evolutions in YAPE, pokemon that originally had to be traded to evolve now have alternate ways! Also I changed some Stone evolutions to normal levelling ones... ;)
----Inserted the overworld Eggs I made once again, and at the moment have Brandon as the hero sprite... though he is bound to change ;).

Edit:
@AlexAhnon and anyone else :D
If you would like to give one of them ago and then show me we can go from there :D I'm sure you can do better than I can... Hehe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hey,i suggest that you focus on the main first post,i don't think people look at the posts.

And i see you get attention.Thats good.And you managed to save the thread,very good. ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok thanks Ray! I have put all the info into the first post :). For those interested I have redone the first town and its had a nice revamp, woo :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2009
Hey, this looks really cool. I haven't tried doing completely original Fakemon yet, but I can do custom trainers. I do some maps, just images, using Map Editor and I do Regions Maps. ( not the best ones though). I can't do any of the technical stuff, though. I can do banners too. And I know I can do that legendary Charizard thing, if all you want is a black charizard, I do recolors, and splices. All try almost anything though, if you can send me a Walkthrough.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Why don't you put a poll?Be sure to have nice options.
Do you know how to put a poll?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Poll is up to decide the starters! :) If you pick the second option feel free to PM me with a Pokemon you wish to be included in this...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
So,you found out how to put a poll.I voted for the second option,but i don't have any starters to tell you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I propose these pokemon (all edited to meet requirements :P )

Staryu, Vulpix, Cacnea

All seem underused and they are pretty kick ass pokemon really :) I will edit their stats to vaguely resemble Nintendo starters and update their move sets (as Staryu and Vulpix now evolve on a Level rather than by stones!).

Back