Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #17226    
Old May 11th, 2009 (9:25 PM).
Chr. Draco's Avatar
Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
Shiny Hunting
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 720

    hello guys, It looks that I have time so I'm back at hunting again.
    I'm going strong SRing one of the starters, and won't give up.
    Once I get it I'll let you know.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alinthea
    Well, I have a new shiny. On my first go at chaining today! XD
    Got up to 40 and found a shiny... wait for it... Caterpie

    It was a challange set by my friend.
    She really wanted one and I said that I would try and get it before the day was out. An hour later, I come across one ^.^

    First Picture
    Second Picture

    Just an update ^.^

    Congrats on caterpie, looks good.

    see ya guys and good luck in your huntings.

    __________________

    Shiny Hunter

    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #17227    
    Old May 12th, 2009 (5:45 AM).
    Captain Fabio's Avatar
    Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: London, UK
    Age: 27
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 12,264
    Thanks Draco.
    A new day and a new swarm. Not sure what it is yet as I have only just woken up! Haha.
    Long night of revision. Fun times.

    Hopefully it will be a Pokemon that I like and be able to get a shiny out of it! ^.^

    Good luck everyone!
    Reply With Quote
      #17228    
    Old May 12th, 2009 (8:59 PM).
    MetalMario's Avatar
    MetalMario MetalMario is offline
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
    Age: 31
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 1,867

    Welcome to the club, Inkpuddle! And trust me. You should have no concerns whatsoever of n00bdom. Your level of diction and astuteness is much higher than that of any troublemaker.

    Also, welcome back, Alinthea! I can't say I have any idea who you are.
    *looks up name changes in profile*
    Aahh, Garra of the desert! I remember you! Stupid name changes... >.>

    So, FINALLY, after too long, I've gotten a Beldum swarm! Now that there's a Platinum Move Tutor for Thunderpunch, I don't really need to get one on GenIII, so I'll give this swarm my best!

    Right now, I'm on a 2-chain. I'm not going to follow any of the chaining rules except for entering 4-zone patches, when they're not on the edge, and have the correct shake. (The other rules don't seem to be having any effect, and it's too hard to read the arrangements in the Sandstorm.) When this chain breaks, I'll go get a Probopass to faint and put in the lead.

    I'm not using my regular hunter Breloom. Instead, I'm going to put together a Pain Split/Hypnosis Spiritomb to negate recoil damage. This could take a while. Thankfully, with two DSes, the swarm isn't going anywhere.

    __________________

    Don't want to see another generation drop

    I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

    osu!
    stream
    github
    latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

    Reply With Quote
      #17229    
    Old May 12th, 2009 (10:46 PM).
    Stellar's Avatar
    Stellar Stellar is offline
    Tiro Finale!
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: An octopus' garden.
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Docile
    Posts: 872

    Thanks. <3 I feel welcome already. xD

    I hit 350 Eevee eggs yesterday, and still nothing. I took a break today since I went out to the arcade with my friends, but I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow. It's funny, after so many eggs I still get that moment of excitement when each egg hatches, and I know when I get my prize I'll love it even more for having worked so hard for it. <3

    __________________

    inkpuddle
    → female.
    → 19 years old.
    → paired with le sauce.
    → enjoys drawing, animé,
    games, & music.
    → hates confrontation,
    cold weather, & boredom.
    → always the hopeless optimist.

    credit: image | theme


    Reply With Quote
      #17230    
    Old May 13th, 2009 (1:55 AM).
    Captain Fabio's Avatar
    Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: London, UK
    Age: 27
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 12,264

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    Also, welcome back, Alinthea! I can't say I have any idea who you are.
    *looks up name changes in profile*
    Aahh, Garra of the desert! I remember you! Stupid name changes... >.>

    AHHHH MM!!
    It has been too long ^^.
    Yah, I didn't like my old name.
    I will put it in my sig to remind people! XD

    I got my beldum the other day! See on the other page for pretty pictures and a little story! XD

    We will have to catch up sometime!

    Also, welcome Inkpuddle!

    Reply With Quote
      #17231    
    Old May 13th, 2009 (7:39 PM).
    It's Just Fufu's Avatar
    It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
    Nostalgia is powerful.
       
      Join Date: May 2006
      Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
      Age: 23
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 1,496

      Ugh. I've hatched too many eggs for Croagunk. I'm taking a short break and soft resetting for a shiny Azelf on my once lucky Diamond version.

      Infinite, would you like to race for shiny Zapdos? I'm SRing for it on both FR and LG. Knowing my luck, you'll probably get it before me anyway. ;)

      And some of those rumors about HG/SS sound too good to be true...obtainable Mew AND Celebi in the same game? Too much for me to handle.

      __________________

      I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

      Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

      Reply With Quote
        #17232    
      Old May 13th, 2009 (8:02 PM).
      Chr. Draco's Avatar
      Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
      Shiny Hunting
         
        Join Date: Nov 2008
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 720

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu
        Ugh. I've hatched too many eggs for Croagunk. I'm taking a short break and soft resetting for a shiny Azelf on my once lucky Diamond version.

        Infinite, would you like to race for shiny Zapdos? I'm SRing for it on both FR and LG. Knowing my luck, you'll probably get it before me anyway.

        And some of those rumors about HG/SS sound too good to be true...obtainable Mew AND Celebi in the same game? Too much for me to handle.

        Take it easy, you'll hatch at least one soon, maybe two, just be positive that you will get it. Good luck with zapdos and azelf; and about HG/SS It's going to be very ineresting and fun if those rumors are true, just think about it, for most of us it would be a dream come true.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Inkpuddle
        I hit 350 Eevee eggs yesterday, and still nothing. I took a break today since I went out to the arcade with my friends, but I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow. It's funny, after so many eggs I still get that moment of excitement when each egg hatches, and I know when I get my prize I'll love it even more for having worked so hard for it. <3

        Keep going, never give up. It's always exciting when you get a shiny that's difficult to find.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MetalMario
        So, FINALLY, after too long, I've gotten a Beldum swarm! Now that there's a Platinum Move Tutor for Thunderpunch, I don't really need to get one on GenIII, so I'll give this swarm my best!

        Right now, I'm on a 2-chain. I'm not going to follow any of the chaining rules except for entering 4-zone patches, when they're not on the edge, and have the correct shake. (The other rules don't seem to be having any effect, and it's too hard to read the arrangements in the Sandstorm.) When this chain breaks, I'll go get a Probopass to faint and put in the lead.

        I'm not using my regular hunter Breloom. Instead, I'm going to put together a Pain Split/Hypnosis Spiritomb to negate recoil damage. This could take a while. Thankfully, with two DSes, the swarm isn't going anywhere.

        I know what you mean, it's a good thing that the programers put move tutors in platinum, it gives the posibilities for a wide variety of strategies. Good luck with your hunt.

        Well I think that's all for now, see you later and Good luck everyone

        __________________

        Shiny Hunter

        Reply With Quote
          #17233    
        Old May 13th, 2009 (8:50 PM).
        It's Just Fufu's Avatar
        It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
        Nostalgia is powerful.
           
          Join Date: May 2006
          Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
          Age: 23
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 1,496

          Chr. Draco, I don't know what else to say, other than "Thank you. Thank you so much."

          Why?

          Because...this:

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by A post by me at SPPf
          ...

          SHINYFUFU IS BACK!!!!

          After almost a complete year of fruitless egg hatching, mindless chaining, and nights lost over soft resetting, I have obtained my newest shiny!

          So here's what happened. I went to PokeCommunity to see how the Shiny Hunters Club was doing, and I noticed that another user was soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos. I thought, "Might as well suggest a race, at least it'll give me some motivation." Right as I was about to log off, I noticed my Shiny Hunters Club Card. Admiring my shinies, I noticed that ever since I got shiny Bulbasuar on FR, I alternated between those two games for my soft resetted shinies (Bulbasaur on FR, then Squirtle on LG, Lapras on FR, then Moltres on LG). I then noticed that there was some chained shinies in between the SR'd shinies. Coincidence? Yeah, but at this point, I was desperate.

          Being the superstitious hunter that I am, I decided to try and chain for Meditite on my Diamond version on Route 211 (or whatever route is to the east of Eterna) while I soft reset for Zapdos on FR. I battled a few Pokemon to kill my Synching shiny Abra, and right as I go to my bag to apply the Max Repel and begin my chain, what scrolls across the screen of my GBA SP?

          A beautfiul, sun-tanned Zapdos!

          The battle was fairly simple; with my shiny Scizor leading, I used Swords Dance, then proceeded to False Swipe. The move got its HP down to the very low red, and from there, I was too scared to do much else, so I switched to my shiny Lapras. It paralyzed Lapras on the switch in with Thunder Wave. I use Sing, get it to fall asleep, and through a plethora of balls at it, none of which worked. Oddly, the closest I got to catching it was with a Luxury Ball when it was awake!

          Unfortunately, Pressure and Detect abuse took its toll on Lapras' Sing, so I switched to Snorlax for Yawn. Again, I went through the same throwing random PokeBalls at the golden-thunderbird. *Sigh* Such beauty...eventually, I mustered up the courage to switch back to Scizor and False Swipe it down to 1 HP. Switched back to Snorlax to put it back to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball; no good. Threw an Ultra.

          Shake...

          Shake....

          Shake...

          ...

          CLICK!

          :) :) :)

          Totally totally totally unexpected! And I was getting ready to go to bed, too! I did maybe thirty soft resets...ah, such a felicitous happening that was! Shiny hunting really is great. :)

          I didn't take any pictures simply because I didn't want to disturb everybody in my house that is sleeping, and because of the fact that I wouldn't have uploaded them right away. But here are stats, possible IVs, etc.

          Zapdos Lv. 50 - Hasty
          HP :: 165 (30-31)
          Attack :: 109 (28-29)
          Defense :: 93 (28-29)
          SAtk: 138 (16-17)
          SDef :: 96 (2-3)
          Speed :: 117 (4-5)

          I had a feeling that Speed would be a little low, but I honestly could care less. :D Mixed shiny Zapdos, here I come!

          Edit: Next up...Articuno!!!

          Edit: Oh, yeah, good luck EVERYONE!

          __________________

          I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

          Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

          Reply With Quote
            #17234    
          Old May 13th, 2009 (9:33 PM).
          Stellar's Avatar
          Stellar Stellar is offline
          Tiro Finale!
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: An octopus' garden.
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Docile
          Posts: 872

          Grats on Zapdos! Geez, all this SRing makes me wish I had shot for shiny Dialga... I love the neon colors on that thing. Maybe next time if I get my hands on Platinum?

          So last night someone from the Trade Corner asked me to make a banner for their trade thread, and in return I got my pick of his Pokemon, which just so happened to include a shiny Umbreon. Granted, I'm extremely anti-hacking and cloning, so I tend to stay away from any rare Pokemon over there. I have a friend who's also crazy about shiny Umbreon, so I took him up on his offer for her. It was kind of surreal to have that thing on my game, but I think it was even more motivation to hatch my prize. xD

          __________________

          inkpuddle
          → female.
          → 19 years old.
          → paired with le sauce.
          → enjoys drawing, animé,
          games, & music.
          → hates confrontation,
          cold weather, & boredom.
          → always the hopeless optimist.

          credit: image | theme


          Reply With Quote
            #17235    
          Old May 14th, 2009 (4:12 AM).
          Captain Fabio's Avatar
          Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Apr 2006
          Location: London, UK
          Age: 27
          Nature: Lax
          Posts: 12,264
          Been a bit busy the past few days so I haven't been able to shiny hunt.

          However, I do check my swarms and there is nothing good so meh :/
          Reply With Quote
            #17236    
          Old May 14th, 2009 (11:10 AM).
          Stronkadonk's Avatar
          Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
          :^)
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Location: Michigan
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 2,002

            Frackin' grats, Fufu. Epic way to get back into the grove of hunting.

            Still nothing new, frickin' lameness.

            So this was a post full of fail, but yeah... Grats again, Fufu.

            Good luck, y'all.

            __________________

            young money cash money

            Reply With Quote
              #17237    
            Old May 14th, 2009 (5:57 PM).
            Chr. Draco's Avatar
            Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
            Shiny Hunting
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 720

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu
              Chr. Draco, I don't know what else to say, other than "Thank you. Thank you so much."

              Why?

              Because...this:

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by A post by me at SPPf
              ...

              SHINYFUFU IS BACK!!!!

              After almost a complete year of fruitless egg hatching, mindless chaining, and nights lost over soft resetting, I have obtained my newest shiny!

              So here's what happened. I went to PokeCommunity to see how the Shiny Hunters Club was doing, and I noticed that another user was soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos. I thought, "Might as well suggest a race, at least it'll give me some motivation." Right as I was about to log off, I noticed my Shiny Hunters Club Card. Admiring my shinies, I noticed that ever since I got shiny Bulbasuar on FR, I alternated between those two games for my soft resetted shinies (Bulbasaur on FR, then Squirtle on LG, Lapras on FR, then Moltres on LG). I then noticed that there was some chained shinies in between the SR'd shinies. Coincidence? Yeah, but at this point, I was desperate.

              Being the superstitious hunter that I am, I decided to try and chain for Meditite on my Diamond version on Route 211 (or whatever route is to the east of Eterna) while I soft reset for Zapdos on FR. I battled a few Pokemon to kill my Synching shiny Abra, and right as I go to my bag to apply the Max Repel and begin my chain, what scrolls across the screen of my GBA SP?

              A beautfiul, sun-tanned Zapdos!

              The battle was fairly simple; with my shiny Scizor leading, I used Swords Dance, then proceeded to False Swipe. The move got its HP down to the very low red, and from there, I was too scared to do much else, so I switched to my shiny Lapras. It paralyzed Lapras on the switch in with Thunder Wave. I use Sing, get it to fall asleep, and through a plethora of balls at it, none of which worked. Oddly, the closest I got to catching it was with a Luxury Ball when it was awake!

              Unfortunately, Pressure and Detect abuse took its toll on Lapras' Sing, so I switched to Snorlax for Yawn. Again, I went through the same throwing random PokeBalls at the golden-thunderbird. *Sigh* Such beauty...eventually, I mustered up the courage to switch back to Scizor and False Swipe it down to 1 HP. Switched back to Snorlax to put it back to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball; no good. Threw an Ultra.

              Shake...

              Shake....

              Shake...

              ...

              CLICK!

              Totally totally totally unexpected! And I was getting ready to go to bed, too! I did maybe thirty soft resets...ah, such a felicitous happening that was! Shiny hunting really is great.

              I didn't take any pictures simply because I didn't want to disturb everybody in my house that is sleeping, and because of the fact that I wouldn't have uploaded them right away. But here are stats, possible IVs, etc.

              Zapdos Lv. 50 - Hasty
              HP :: 165 (30-31)
              Attack :: 109 (28-29)
              Defense :: 93 (28-29)
              SAtk: 138 (16-17)
              SDef :: 96 (2-3)
              Speed :: 117 (4-5)

              I had a feeling that Speed would be a little low, but I honestly could care less. :D Mixed shiny Zapdos, here I come!

              Edit: Next up...Articuno!!!

              Edit: Oh, yeah, good luck EVERYONE!

              You're welcome and congratulations, sounds like it was epic.
              sp. def and speed were too low, but the most important thing is that is shiny and that the other stats are good.
              Good luck with Articuno.

              Here going strong with a shiny starter.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Inkpuddle
              Grats on Zapdos! Geez, all this SRing makes me wish I had shot for shiny Dialga... I love the neon colors on that thing. Maybe next time if I get my hands on Platinum?

              So last night someone from the Trade Corner asked me to make a banner for their trade thread, and in return I got my pick of his Pokemon, which just so happened to include a shiny Umbreon. Granted, I'm extremely anti-hacking and cloning, so I tend to stay away from any rare Pokemon over there. I have a friend who's also crazy about shiny Umbreon, so I took him up on his offer for her. It was kind of surreal to have that thing on my game, but I think it was even more motivation to hatch my prize. xD

              yeah, shiny dialga is so cool, I still remember the moment when I got mine.
              I agree in that it's better to recieve your prize by your own effort, that way you can tell that is legit, and it also feels good to get your own shinies.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alinthea
              Been a bit busy the past few days so I haven't been able to shiny hunt.

              However, I do check my swarms and there is nothing good so meh :/

              take it easy, there's always time, and who knows, maybe there are a lot of surprises, just be patient.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core
              Frackin' grats, Fufu. Epic way to get back into the grove of hunting.

              Still nothing new, frickin' lameness.

              So this was a post full of fail, but yeah... Grats again, Fufu.

              Good luck, y'all.

              You'll get yours soon, don't worry, just be patient and constant.

              See you next time guys and good luck everyone.

              __________________

              Shiny Hunter

              Reply With Quote
                #17238    
              Old May 15th, 2009 (2:56 AM). Edited May 15th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.
              Hikari Ven Hikari Ven is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 150

                Congrats Fufu on the shiny Zapdos and other shinies you all have gotten.

                I finally got over the cold I had the past week, so I've been able to get a bit more hunting done for my shiny targets(except when I had work or was playing something else other than Pokemon ).

                I started my Japanese Platinum over once again, and I'm currently saved in front of Giratina. I'm SRing for another shiny one(as I really love shiny Giratina), but its been going slow. I have also did some SR's for shiny Dratini in FireRed, but nothing has appeared there either. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend(yay :D), so I'll be getting back to my Onix hatching(something which I stopped for a bit). I'm up to 20+ boxes of Onix using the Masuda Method, so hopefully during those 4 days I'll finally hatch a shiny one.

                __________________

                Reply With Quote
                  #17239    
                Old May 15th, 2009 (8:52 PM).
                MetalMario's Avatar
                MetalMario MetalMario is offline
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                Age: 31
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 1,867

                Do I win a trophy? Or at least a Pizza Trophy?

                Seriously kids, don't venture into the desert. It takes a piece of you with it--you'll never come back the same!

                My first chain broke at 35 on a patch I didn't see shake. Then the next one broke at 39 in a safe patch. The next up broke at 40 on a patch I didn't see shake while resetting for shinies. Then it broke in the 30s again. Finally it went to 40 and I caught some shinies from it. But those @#$! things keep breaking out of my Repeat Balls! I've caught two of them in Repeat Balls, and one in a Master Ball (I really don't like throwing those...), but so far, three! have succeeded in killing themselves. Spiritomb's Pressure, which I never knew it had until it was too late, isn't helping any.

                Chaining in the sandstorm is much easier in the day, since there's better contrast in the day, so I'll continue harvesting the chain tomorrow.

                And my boxes on Emerald are overflowing with Chikoritas. I'm going to need to check IVs and release them again. I might have passed 4000 by now; I'll go see.

                SD: Why another shiny Giratina? Was your first one not good enough? I tend to be happy with just one shiny per SR candidate, unless they're really terrible. (I might consider going after another Rotom for this reason.)

                Which reminds me of my Shiny Cover Legendary project. I've made it my plan to capture all the cover legendaries (plus Mewtwo, minus Suicune, though a shiny Suicune certainly would be nice, too!), and so far I've only caught two out of the nine possible. Kyogre's the next on my list. I've got some time to get the Hoenns, Giratina, and Mewtwo, before HGSS are out and I can go after Ho-oh and Lugia.

                Good Luck on hunts, all, and good job finally getting Zapdos, Fufu!

                __________________

                Don't want to see another generation drop

                I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

                osu!
                stream
                github
                latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

                Reply With Quote
                  #17240    
                Old May 16th, 2009 (2:39 AM).
                Stronkadonk's Avatar
                Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
                :^)
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                  Location: Michigan
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 2,002

                  Good luck with Giratina, Storm! Another one would be awesome! :D

                  Presuming the rumors are true, you can get Mewtwo and the Birds in the Re-Makes, MetalMario! I'm not sure about Hoenn Legends, but I have heard that you can obtain a single Hoenn Starter. Hopefully it goes deeper into the Hoenn Region than that, though. ;D

                  Still no hunting... I'm pissed. I've asked my brother to hunt for me. Yes, the one who went and tattled, and then asked if he could play my X-Box 360 after I got grounded. I swear, he is the dumbest child you will ever find. And he's ten.

                  That's it for now. Good luck.

                  __________________

                  young money cash money

                  Reply With Quote
                    #17241    
                  Old May 16th, 2009 (3:32 AM). Edited May 16th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.
                  Hikari Ven Hikari Ven is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 150

                    Metal Mario: All of my shiny Giratina I've caught suck in the IV department XD. None of them have an IV over 20 in the stats that matter, my latest has 4 out of 6 stats less than 10.

                    Well I'm SRing for Giratina again and I will be hatching for shiny Onix again as well. I really hope to get at least one of these to shine this weekend, it my luck decides to pop in for a while.

                    Congrats to new shinies everyone.

                    __________________

                    Reply With Quote
                      #17242    
                    Old May 16th, 2009 (11:17 AM).
                    Heart's Soul's Avatar
                    Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
                    Hey, look, I was gone.
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2007
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2,536

                      I would like to join as well. Why? When people tak about me in school, they call me either the "Shiny Catcher" or the "Battling Master". Why? At school, I haven't lost a challenge in a year and I have the largest amount of shinies.

                      I'll explain which ones I have:

                      Munchlax (multiple)
                      Snorlax (2)
                      Cresselia
                      Regice/Regirock/Registeel
                      Pikachu
                      Kricketune
                      Metagross
                      Arceus (traded to me)
                      Staraptor
                      Giratina
                      Dialga & Palkia (traded away)
                      Mew (taken from friend's Emerald)
                      Empoleon (maybe)

                      And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Still, it's a lot for me and I would like to know more ways on how to catch shinies.

                      __________________

                      I've been on this forum for about 10 years now. You guys wanna see a rare badge? I got some rare badges.

                      Reply With Quote
                        #17243    
                      Old May 16th, 2009 (2:13 PM).
                      Captain Fabio's Avatar
                      Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2006
                      Location: London, UK
                      Age: 27
                      Nature: Lax
                      Posts: 12,264

                      It has been a very lucky day today! :D

                      This morning, about 2-3am, I checked my swarm and saw that it was a Spoink.
                      Thought, meh, can't sleep, might as well go after it!
                      And so I did, an hour later of chaining, one pops up! :D
                      Timid nature too :D

                      Spoink - Take One
                      Spoink - Take Two

                      I was happy with that and fell asleep.
                      About 2 hours ago, I remembered that there are Houndour on that Route, and I think he looks awesome shiny.
                      So, I thought I would go and PR for him. I needed a break from my revision T_T.

                      30 minutes later. HE POPS UP!
                      Houndour - Take One
                      Houndour - Take Two

                      YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
                      :D

                      Two in the same day, not bad :P

                      METALMARIO!
                      We should make a competition to who can get the best picture of a wild shiny sparkling like yours!
                      That would be interesting! XD

                      Reply With Quote
                        #17244    
                      Old May 16th, 2009 (2:53 PM). Edited May 16th, 2009 by It's Just Fufu.
                      It's Just Fufu's Avatar
                      It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
                      Nostalgia is powerful.
                         
                        Join Date: May 2006
                        Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                        Age: 23
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 1,496

                        Congrats on your shiny Beldum, MM. That's really an awesome pic you've got, lol. Congrats to you, too, Alinthea, your pics are very clear as well!

                        MM, I must say, that's an interesting quest you're on...I never would've thought of it myself. I have four myself, but two of them are RNG clones, so I really only have three... But what game was Mewtwo on the cover on? *confused*

                        ----------------------------------------------

                        I think keeping track of my eggs here in my posts would be a bit more accurate, so, I'll start doing that from now on, as well.

                        Starting Point: 850 eggs

                        That number of eggs represents the total number of eggs I've hatched on my Diamond version, so it includes eggs of Pokemon of different species. By using basic subtraction, I can keep precisely track the amount of eggs I hatch for a particular species.

                        ----------------------------------------------

                        I have a question for you all. Of the shiny Pokemon you own, which is your favorite(s)?

                        My top favorite shiny has to be a tie between my shiny Charizard and my shiny Latias. My shiny Charmander was my first SR'd shiny ever...I remember how overjoyed I was when I finally got it. As for Latias, I worked so hard for it...and in addition to being my favorite shiny Pokemon ever, it's just awesome! So I guess Latias does edge out over Charizard a little bit.

                        After that, I would say my Shiny Porygon2 is my next favorite shiny. It has some pretty good IVs, and it has the prettiest combination of blue and lavender. *__*

                        For third place, I'd have to make it a tie between my shiny Moltres and Zapdos. In addition to just being a nice shiny, my Zapdos has a good nature and decent IVs...Moltres, while not having the best nature, has excellent IVs. And shiny Moltres' pink body appeals to me quite a bit.

                        Sorry for all the ties.

                        Edit: Mence Master, how did you get a shiny Darkrai? I'm curious.

                        __________________

                        I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

                        Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

                        Reply With Quote
                          #17245    
                        Old May 16th, 2009 (10:37 PM).
                        MetalMario's Avatar
                        MetalMario MetalMario is offline
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                        Age: 31
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 1,867

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post
                        Presuming the rumors are true, you can get Mewtwo and the Birds in the Re-Makes, MetalMario! I'm not sure about Hoenn Legends, but I have heard that you can obtain a single Hoenn Starter. Hopefully it goes deeper into the Hoenn Region than that, though. ;D
                        Let's please refrain from discussing unverified HGSS rumours. It can only lead to offtopic discussion and debates/speculation which belong ]URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189elsewhere[/URL].

                        And one of my objectives is to catch as many of these cover legendaries on their respective versions as possible. The notable exception will be Rayquaza because of the broken Emerald RNG making SRing shinies 100% impossible.

                        I ran the calculations and confirmed that the first shiny frame on my Emerald save file occurs after three minutes of gameplay! This is much longer than anyone would ever take to make an SR. And if I were to attempt to time it (which is extremely tedioussssss), it would only count as an RNG-abused shiny.

                        So it's like I said before: stay away from Emerald version!

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Knyaz Vladimir View Post
                        I would like to join as well. Why? When people tak about me in school, they call me either the "Shiny Catcher" or the "Battling Master". Why? At school, I haven't lost a challenge in a year and I have the largest amount of shinies.

                        I'll explain which ones I have:

                        Munchlax (multiple)
                        Snorlax (2)
                        Cresselia
                        Regice/Regirock/Registeel
                        Pikachu
                        Kricketune
                        Metagross
                        Arceus (traded to me)
                        Staraptor
                        Giratina
                        Dialga & Palkia (traded away)
                        Mew (taken from friend's Emerald)
                        Empoleon (maybe)

                        And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. Still, it's a lot for me and I would like to know more ways on how to catch shinies.

                        Please explain which of your shinies are hacked or possibly hacked.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Alinthea View Post
                        METALMARIO!
                        We should make a competition to who can get the best picture of a wild shiny sparkling like yours!
                        That would be interesting! XD
                        Umm, if you want then go ahead and make some sparkling pictures. I'm just making them because I like to. ^o^

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
                        MM, I must say, that's an interesting quest you're on...I never would've thought of it myself. I have four myself, but two of them are RNG clones, so I really only have three... But what game was Mewtwo on the cover on? *confused*
                        What I said was: Cover legendaries + Mewtwo - Suicune. So basically all the uber cover legendaries, plus Mewtwo because he kind of fills the same role for Red/Green. Also Suicune, though not part of this quest, is going to be added to my hit list the moment I have a viable way to hunt him.

                        __________________

                        Don't want to see another generation drop

                        I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

                        osu!
                        stream
                        github
                        latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

                        Reply With Quote
                          #17246    
                        Old May 17th, 2009 (3:05 AM).
                        Stronkadonk's Avatar
                        Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
                        :^)
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: Michigan
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 2,002

                          Eh, I just thought it would be a useful bit of potentially awesome information.

                          Fufu, I used the Tweaking Glitch in Pearl to get to it. It shone after about 100 or less resets.

                          Still nothing new, but I did about 50 or so Dialga resets yesterday. I want it to shine so badly!

                          Good luck to all.

                          __________________

                          young money cash money

                          Reply With Quote
                            #17247    
                          Old May 17th, 2009 (4:07 AM).
                          It's Just Fufu's Avatar
                          It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
                          Nostalgia is powerful.
                             
                            Join Date: May 2006
                            Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                            Age: 23
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 1,496

                            Tweaking Glitch? What is that?

                            I want to soft reset for a shiny Darkrai...

                            __________________

                            I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

                            Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

                            Reply With Quote
                              #17248    
                            Old May 17th, 2009 (5:39 AM).
                            Captain Fabio's Avatar
                            Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2006
                            Location: London, UK
                            Age: 27
                            Nature: Lax
                            Posts: 12,264

                            I think when I have some free time, my next shiny quest will be for Dialga and Palkia!

                            Would be nice to have both of them as shinys! XD

                            Reply With Quote
                              #17249    
                            Old May 17th, 2009 (8:34 AM).
                            mathioks's Avatar
                            mathioks mathioks is offline
                            owner of the lonestar's gym
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2007
                              Location: on a planet called earth
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 99

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
                              Tweaking Glitch? What is that?

                              I want to soft reset for a shiny Darkrai...

                              the tweaking glitch is a glitch that occurs by spaztically cycling very fast without hitting anything and then a black hole apears wich is called the dark void so you can practically walk through every place in the whole game cause your in a "fake sinnoh", like showed of here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsopjAc2xok just look to as much vid's till you understand, but i have to warn you, make sure you do everything like told in the vids, cause one wrong thing can be fatal to your game save, and you save file may be stuck in eternal darkness forever, i once had that, so or bring all your beloved and rare pokemon's to a safe game file first, or make sure you do everything in the correct way

                              good luck, and congratz to everyone and good luck to everyone

                              Reply With Quote
                                #17250    
                              Old May 17th, 2009 (9:27 AM).
                              It's Just Fufu's Avatar
                              It's Just Fufu It's Just Fufu is offline
                              Nostalgia is powerful.
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2006
                                Location: The Ghetto (Shinies are here!)
                                Age: 23
                                Nature: Hasty
                                Posts: 1,496

                                I'll watch that vid, mathioks, thanks! But why can't I just save my game before I do the Tweaking Glitch? That way, anything bad that happens won't be saved.

                                __________________

                                I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

                                Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

                                Reply With Quote
                                Reply
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:44 AM.